The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    BIG BOI

need help making a promise for myself..

ok my 19th birthday is in 2 days(20th) and i really want to start my diet/eating plan that day. i plan on writing it in a like contract to myself and put it on a frame. just a promise to myself to do better for myself. i have already proven to myself i can go to the gym and am. about to do walk for an hour so i know i can do cardio. but diet is just something for me that i havent been able to control. i did at one time for about 3 months and very very strict. the first month was just eating clean 3 shakes 3 balanced meals. body for life style. lost some weight . i was doing no cardio and no training at this time. secdon month i cut the shakes out and put in protein shakes with flax. and swicthes my meals to more lower carbs and a lil higher fat. 3rd month i cut all carbs and did straight atkins. that last month was the only month i did not lose weight and i got all depressed and stuff and binged. i havent been able to rebound off that binge. i dont know if i should just go low carbs or work my way to it or just forget about low carbs all togeather. ohh and when i mean low carbs iom basicly say'n 0-20. keto... i think most know my situation. im diabetic type 2. take glucovance. hypothyroidism take 100mcg synthroid. high liver enzymes and my cholestrol may be borderline(i think it was 170) not sure on hdl etc. profile. my testosteone levels where low also. very. the norm is 220-800 or something. mine was 210 i think. and im only 18...19 what ever....

whats your guys input?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good for you Mr. Big Calvin !

I commend you for making a promise to yourself, thats the first step.

Posting the contract where you may view it at all times is a great psychological means to ensure your dedication to the effort !

Solicting help, as in the persons from this forum is also good, but it may be helpful to enlist the support of persons within your daily life who can give you a push now and then.

As far as diet I would suggest the following:

Nothing drastic.

Nothing promising "quick" results.

Nothing that is currently popular and "all the rage".

Complete an assessment of what you are currently doing vs. what is considered reasonable and prudent for someone with your medical condition and future goals.

Make "slight" incremental adjustments on a weekly, monthly, etc. basis to your current diet with the goal being to reach your desired state and then maintain it. Recall, slow changes are more easily accepted and adjusted to.

I'm a bit hesitant to give specific advice regarding diet because of your diabetic status, but as a diebetic I'm sure you know what works and what does not.

It's just a matter of making a plan and then sticking to it.

Sounds like you're already on your way.

Well done !
    Best Regards,

BIG BOI
    thank you. it means alot more then u may think.

i do know which foods trigger higher blood sugar for me and what dont(which some may suprise you).

i wanted to tell everyone i will be starting my journal up again on the 20th. so for everone who wants to see how i am doing or throw me a line or something. hit me up.

thank you.

just needed those words to get me knowing what i should have been doing all along.

thanks you again.

SOON TO BE A MONSTER
    big calvin ive lost a good amount of fat just take something like xenadrine and do lots of cardio and try to eat whole wheat products not processed foods and try not to eat carbs past 5 pm is cutting remenber it takes time and pateince dont give up

I agree with MRJ. Don't try and make it too complicated for yourself. About a year ago, I made the same kind of deal to myself, I wanted to eat better, and maintain good health. I made my diet very simple, increasing fruits, veggies, chicken, fish and other foods that I knew would benefit me. I stayed clear away from all the junk food such as, cookies, chips, ice cream etc. Of course I would endulge once in a blue moon to reward myself for my hard work. Anyways, keep it simple and stay disciplined, and you will reach your goals.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

It sounds like month one is perfect. "3 shakes, 3 meals. Lost some weight." You can only expect 4 lbs in 4 weeks anyway. Easy to follow. You just need to do that for 6 months not just one.

Low carbs is a great way to make your brain cranky. You even need carbs to burn fat. Don't go to the dark side w/ Vido.

Low GI foods are what you want for diabetes. ALA/CLA also help with glucose levels. You might sneak those in there, if you want to go nuts.

$0.02
    Fudo

Ecoli die
    First, talk to your Dr about your diet before you do one since you are a diabetic. He or she will be your key guide and should be listened to so that you don't die.

I think you made it fairly clear that your body and brain don't like ketosis. Why are you considering it again?

Be smart and even. Set goals that are attainable and measurable. Then meet them. Love to hear that you are making a promise to yourself, those are the best kind.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Originally posted by big calvin
    thank you. it means alot more then u may think.

i do know which foods trigger higher blood sugar for me and what dont(which some may suprise you).

i wanted to tell everyone i will be starting my journal up again on the 20th. so for everone who wants to see how i am doing or throw me a line or something. hit me up.

thank you.

just needed those words to get me knowing what i should have been doing all along.

thanks you again.
    Glad to help . . . Sometimes we all need a "kick in the butt" to do what we know needs to be done.

Take it slow, set short-term goals (that are attainable, but challenging to a degree) and don't get down on yourself when you falter. (we've all failed at some point in our lives)

Get back-up, dust-off and get back on that horse !

Possibly set-up some sort of reward system when you succeed. (and you will)

You biggest reward will be the enhanced physical status of your body and the subsequent spill-over to your newly found POSITIVE self-image.

Look forward to reading about your success !
    Best Regards,

BIG BOI
    thanks everyone...just wanted to say go check out my post on the training board. a lil good news