Thread: Opticen + thicker consistancy?

Opticen + thicker consistancy?

I finished up my regular Opticen and started using Opticen +. The first morning I had it as a meal replacement and added milk to it. I left the kitchen for just a few moments but when I got back it was REALLY thick, as in I could use a spoon, kinda like yoghurt. The regular Opticen was still thick with milk added but it went down like liquid. Now I use half milk half water or just water. Has something changed in the mix that's made it this way.

I should say that I thought maybe I added an extra scoop by accident but the following day I had the same thing happen. Still tastes great, just have to adjust water/milk/ice etc.
    Ban Censors Don’t Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

Yes, the first batch has more thickeners that I realized (long story). The next batch will be MUCH thinner. As for the spoon, come on :P! I am drinking it every morning with the prescribed about of fluid and while it is thick it is easy to drink.

To help you, just go with 2 scoops with the recommended amount of liquid and you will be good to go.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Even with a spoon it tastes good

Yeah, I'm doing 2 spoons first thing in the morning then 1 spoon as I'm leaving. No biggie...just wondering if it was me.
    Ban Censors Don’t Let ___ Stop___
    Love Your Enemies - It Really Messes with Their Minds

Opticen Chocolate was my favorite ALN product. I just ordered a tub of Opticen+ Chocolate and Vanilla. I'm a little disappointed in the new Chocolate (haven't tried the Vanilla yet). There are the thickness issues as mentioned above. It seems like even with extra liquid it still has a weird consistency. Also the flavor isn't bad (it's kind of similar to Nitrean+ Dutch Chocolate actually), but IMO it's not as good as the old Opticen (this may just be a matter of personal taste).

Hopefully the thickness issue gets resolved in the next batch. It seems like you made some change with your chocolate flavoring supplier for Nitrean+ and are using the same supplier for Opticen+. Hopefully Maximus stays unchanged for a while and doesn't undergo a reflavoring/reformulation.
    Stefan
    Height: 6'4 - Weight: 235 lbs - Age: 31
    DL: 530 x 1
    Squat: 355 x 1
    Bench: 350 x 1

MAXIMUS is gone. It really was redundant. If you match serving size with Opticen+ they have a very similar macro profile. The Opticen+ also has a much better protein matrix.

Yes, we have reduced the thickeners by 60% for the next batch.

For me the chocolate is close to the old version, but I agree, not quite as good. The vanilla, on the other hand, KILLS the old version.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

After using the new Chocolate Opticen+ for about two weeks and being pretty disappointed, I decided to open the Vanilla tonight. It is absolutely fantastic! MUCH better consistency and awesome taste (crazy that I like the vanilla taste better than the chocolate). I think I'm going to be sticking with the Vanilla from now on. Now that I have both open I may try mixing the two and seeing what type of flavor and thickness that winds up giving me.
    Stefan
    Height: 6'4 - Weight: 235 lbs - Age: 31
    DL: 530 x 1
    Squat: 355 x 1
    Bench: 350 x 1

I have been using the Opticen as a major role in my post workout intake along with my backloading program. It has truly been the staple in cutting from 277lbs to doing my first meet at 220lbs this coming weekend. All of this over the course of the summer and I feel as strong as I ever have been. Infact I think I will bench more at 220 then I did at 242. OPticean is thick but it is by far the best tasting protien supplement meal replacement I have ever encountered. If your concerned about the thickness I would just add more milk also. Or I have done this before too. Split the servings in half and have two shakes. Either way I would drink this all day if I could. The best.
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

SMK, cocoa acts as a thickener as well, so while the choc and van have the same amount of gums, the vanilla is a bit thinner. Our next batch of both will be MUCH thinner. And yes, I like the new vanilla a LOT as well.