The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Hebrews 11:1

tudmuf2b's cutting journal

Currently I'm 5'7" - 157lbs - age 29

I was about 168 lbs back in late April, and then started low-carbing it (~100g a day) since then.

By August, 2002, I'd like to be between 146-150lb, with like 8-9% bf (ie: the super-cut "Brad Pitt" look).

Trying to cut my bodyfat down some more (~13% now), and hopefully get a 6 pack for the 1st time in my life. (I see boxes already, but too much blub around the obliques - still). Been a hard core lifter for about 12 years and was at 175lbs about 7-8 months ago, and learned the art of cutting for the 1st time in my life from the WBB folks. Thank you all!

I stopped being a hard core free weight guy a few months ago on a doctor's advice because of damage the nerves in my hand, etc (repetitive stress injury), and pain that I had in gripping dumbells from time to time.... I still have like 15" biceps, so all is not lost....

Supplements: Xenadrine EFX (2nd month will cycle off in 3 weeks for good - too many headaches - see my thread in the Supplements section)

Daily Workout & Diet (Subject to modification):

7:15AM: Get my butt in the gym 5x a week
    - 30 minutes cardio
    - abs 3x a week (with weights)
    - mostly machine work targetting the major muscles
    (bi's, tri's, chest, legs, etc), but some free weights
    8:25AM: Shower and get my butt to work
    9:15AM: EAS Low Carb Bar (3g of carbs - 30g of protein)
    10:30 AM: 1/2 cup of almonds/raisins (34g of carbs - 10g protein)
    1:00PM: Can of 6 oz Tuna with mustard (30g of protein)
    3:30PM: Can of 6 oz Tuna with mustard (30g of protein)
    6:30PM: Dinner (usually chicken or pork) - (~35-40g of protein)
    9:30 PM: One cup of Cottage Cheese (30g of protein)

I also knock down at least 12 glasses of water a day. No coffee, no tea, nothing else....

I'm not too good at counting grams of fat, but I should do that. My guess is that I eat less than 1900 calories a day, but need help in being accountable to count 'em.

I probably do way too much cardio, but it's almost like I'm addicted to it, and have probably lost muscle from it since I've been losing weight.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Good luck tudmuf2b, good to have you hear @ WBB.

MS

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Hope that you achieve your goals and we here will try and help you as much as possible.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Thanks folks!

Freakymutation, dude that photo you posted of your abs (during one of those "how do I get a 6 pack" threads) a couple weeks back was awesome!

Keep pumpin' guys!

Ack! I hate the weekends.

Friday nite, the wife drags me out to a Spanish-Asian fusion restaurant and I'm chomping on nachos all nite with sangria and then paella. Carb overload!!

Saturday was better, I kept the carbs to a minimum while inhaling cottage cheese. Had Middle Eastern food, but am wondering how good "lamb kebobs" are to a cutting diet?

I guess the hardest part of the weekend actually for me is to drink enuf water. I struggled to get in 8 glasses yesterday, but kept the carbs to a minimum.

Got the butt back in the gym this morning, and did the usual 30 min cardio routine with some nautilus training.

Still at 157 lbs this morning, and back in the routine.
    Last edited by tudmuf2b; 06-24-2002 at 08:58 AM.
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16-17

Down to 155 lbs today! I can basically see all the boxes in my stomach area, but I still have this glob of fat on top of it. I'm wondering if it'll ever go away, even if it hit my target goals of the mid-140s....

Today's routine

20 minutes on the Stair Master
    3 Sets Chest press
    3 Sets Cable Crossover
    3 Sets Inclined Chest press
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."

Was down to about 153 last Friday, then went on a all you can eat "meat & carb" binge at my in-laws who had a BBQ in their backyard over the weekend. Started Monday morning in the gym at 155.

Been back on the routine and minus a piece of birthday cake from last night, I weighed in back at 153 again this morning.

Okay, now some bad news....

The Xenadrine EFX has been making my heart race a little more than I'd like. I actually feel it during my cardio exercises and am a little worried (I know what Jane's gonna say!) . When my bottle runs out (in about a week), I'm going to go off of it for good.

Will be on a "week of debauchery" in Disney World next weekend, so we'll see how the "cutting" goes down in Mickey-Land....

Arrrgh. Over did it on the calories/fat last nite. Eating spare ribs and Chinese roast pork with some white rice on the side will do it to you (thanks to the wife!), probably kicked my carb up into to about 150-175+ gram range as well for the day.

Weighed in at 154 this morning after the workout. Blaaaach!

Today was chest day.

30 minutes Elliptical
    4 sets fly machine
    3 sets cable flies
    3 sets chest press
    3 sets inclined chest press

Was 151 the other day, and dag I look like I've shrunk.

Still no "real" 6 pack, but I imagine my bf % is about 9-10 percent at this stage.

Even with a gram of protein a day, I've still lost some muscle in my cutting, and may begin to start the re-bulking phase after I get back from vacation (starting tomorrow).

OK, back from the vacation in Florida.

5 straight days of debauchary at Walt Disney World meant 5 lbs more on the frame!

I weighed in at an "yucky" 156lb this morning. My firm has an "open house for fitness evaluations" tomorrow, and I'm looking forward to getting a bf % reading....

Well, back to the grind and that means pumping iron!

Went to the health fair at work.

Height: 5' 7'
    Weight: 155
    Bodyfat: 8.0%

They used a machine that isn't as accurate as calipers, but the guy said, it was relatively accurate - whatever that means....

Day one off of Xenadrine was today. Weighed in at 154 1/2 lbs after my morning workout.

Probably would've weighed less if it wasn't for a "muffin attack" last nite. Had like 5 muffins for no other reason, but that I was dumb and it was there. Probably spiked me into the 300g carb range. Just great for cutting....

Drank 4 cups of Green tea today to act my as appetite suppressor, as I've kissed Xen goodbye.

Day 5 off of Xenadrine.

Green tea = GOOD
    Cottage Chess = GOOD

Still trying to keeps the carbs around 100g a day.

Weight is at 154 lbs.
    New focus has been on my targetting my lower back, which is very weak and I've been too lazy to work it out for years. Starting with dumbell deadlifts for now, and will see if that helps support my back more which will hopefully make my stomach crunches more effective...

Okay, that thread in the Supplements section about "Optimum Whey" protein got to me, and I just bought a 5lb tub of the Vanilla Ice Cream flavor.

Been eating a big can of salmon a day and if it's right on the label, than it's 84g of protein! I spread it over 2 servings during the day.

Weight is "still" at 154 lbs after today's workout.

What is this big can of salmon you speak of. Does it taste or smell like tuna?

Jerrry

A 14 3/4 oz can of Alaska Pink Salmon. The brand I'm eating is "Jonah". <= No kidding!

Ugh. A weekend of "pizza parties" and beer, has knocked back up to 154lb. I was down to 152 earlier in the week. Still working out tho'!

Been wonderin where this was. I'll post tomorrow after I weigh myself.