The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

So, you think you can bulk and then cut? Try the Christian Bale technique.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Give me a professional dietician, nutritionist, chef, trainer, and as many supplements as I need, then pay me 100 million for it. I'll go from 195lbs to 85 to 400 and back again, no prob.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Meat_Head View Post
    Give me a professional dietician, nutritionist, chef, trainer, and as many supplements as I need, then pay me 100 million for it. I'll go from 195lbs to 85 to 400 and back again, no prob.
    dont forget gear

Quote Originally Posted by f=ma View Post
    dont forget gear
    Heck yea how you think he got to 55kg?

You'd really need someone telling you what to eat and what to lift to bulk or cut?
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    You'd really need someone telling you what to eat and what to lift to bulk or cut?
    What I'm trying to say is that it's easy to go from 55kg to 86kg in a year if you have the kind of support that celebrities and professional athletes have. Could the average Joe make that kind of change happen in so short a time? Probably, at least if he spent half of his waking life focusing on it. As an average Joe, I think trying to make that kind of drastic change in body composition is fucking retarded. Just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is that Christian Bale represents no kind of role model for how to make a good body, that's why I posted. Most people don't have the resources available to him. Slow and steady and consistent tends to be the proper approach for us mere mortals, IMO.
    Last edited by Meat_Head; 08-04-2012 at 10:35 PM.

What I'm trying to say is that it's easy to go from 55kg to 86kg in a year if you have the kind of support that celebrities and professional athletes have. Could the average Joe make that kind of change happen in so short a time? Probably, at least if he spent half of his waking life focusing on it. As an average Joe, I think trying to make that kind of drastic change in body composition is fucking retarded. Just my opinion.

The fact of the matter is that Christian Bale represents no kind of role model for how to make a good body, that's why I posted. Most people don't have the resources available to him. Slow and steady and consistent tends to be the proper approach for us mere mortals, IMO.
    Quite a few celebrities and professional athletes work more hours a year than "mere mortals"- not just in filming or games, but in professional appearances, parties, cameos, etc. etc. Yes, a party may not seem like "work", but when networking and being seen is part of your business, it certainly is... and this makes it MUCH harder to watch your diet.

It is MUCH easier to bulk and cut working regular hours or going to school. And if you think a trainer or chef REALLY makes this whole thing easier, you're fooling yourself.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Quite a few celebrities and professional athletes work more hours a year than "mere mortals"- not just in filming or games, but in professional appearances, parties, cameos, etc. etc. Yes, a party may not seem like "work", but when networking and being seen is part of your business, it certainly is... and this makes it MUCH harder to watch your diet.

It is MUCH easier to bulk and cut working regular hours or going to school. And if you think a trainer or chef REALLY makes this whole thing easier, you're fooling yourself.
    so true, I am no celebrity but my work load has picked up substantially and I need to plan far ahead to keep on my diet which I don't do now. Its a lot of work when everything else is a priority and strength and looks are just wants.
    My journal
    Goal(Current):
    400(335) Bench Press
    600(520x3 2xBW) Dead Lift
    500(495x1) ATG Squat
    Total: 1500(1350)
    365 Front Squat
    consistency and intensity.

How do you figure? I think you know as well as everyone else here what a bitch it is to have to prepare 6 meals every morning. All the cooking and planning and counting. Do you think Christian Bale has that kind of issue?

Hell, a lot of guys can't even afford a gym membership, much less proper food, proper supplementation, etc. Don't expect me to feel bad for celebrities!

How do you figure? I think you know as well as everyone else here what a bitch it is to have to prepare 6 meals every morning. All the cooking and planning and counting. Do you think Christian Bale has that kind of issue?

Hell, a lot of guys can't even afford a gym membership, much less proper food, proper supplementation, etc. Don't expect me to feel bad for celebrities!
    Prepare 6 meals every morning? You don't need six fully cooked meals a day to bulk or cut. I do it on one and a half. Fuck, half my meals are candy, protein shakes and beer.

Certainly not telling you to feel bad for them, simply pointing out that they REALLY don't have any magical advantages that you don't.

Prepare 6 meals every morning? You don't need six fully cooked meals a day to bulk or cut. I do it on one and a half. Fuck, half my meals are candy, protein shakes and beer.

Certainly not telling you to feel bad for them, simply pointing out that they REALLY don't have any magical advantages that you don't.
    Well, you just gave hope to the aforementioned average Joe. But do you think Batman kept that kind of diet through all that body comp manipulation? What I'm saying is 50-60lbs weight change in either direction in a year, or even 2 years, takes some serious consideration. Motivation, diet, supplementation, training, and, yes, funding all play a role.

The real magical advantage they have is money. Not that money solves everything, there are plenty of fatasses running around with loaded pockets, but god it helps, and I say this as a guy who can barely afford protein!

This is hilarious, i post one picture to show the crazy diet some celebrity took and the changes in his body, and you're all discussing how its not normally possible, and its easy for them, and hard for us...

Jesus. Sit back, laugh at the picture, and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Dan View Post
    This is hilarious, i post one picture to show the crazy diet some celebrity took and the changes in his body, and you're all discussing how its not normally possible, and its easy for them, and hard for us...

Jesus. Sit back, laugh at the picture, and move on.
    I'm not sure you know how the internet works......

It is a funny picture though...

Haha :P Well said sir!

Buuuuump...

Just to say I read an article a few years back about his diet for The Machinist. When asked how he did it he said, "I didn't eat".He lived on a can of tuna and an apple per day for the entirety of the experience. There's no magic celebrity formula to simply not eating..lol

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Wannabebig Member
    Ive gone from 240 to 160 (lived in the wild running from the law and no Im not gonna write a book about it) to 280. Body transformations arent hard if you have an ounce of passion in you.