Thread: Weight Gainer w/ Most Calories per GRAM

Wannabebig Member

Weight Gainer w/ Most Calories per GRAM

Okay, we all see 'weight gainers' that may say 2000 calories per serving, while another says 1000 per serving and that one may have more calories per gram because the 2000 calorie product may say like 6 scoops per serving whereas the 1000 is 2.

What I'm getting at is this. The only way to tell which product will pack the pounds on the best, is to see how many calories are in a GRAM of the product. What are some of the best you guys have found, other than ALN Maximus (it works good, but I want to try something else this time, just to compare).
    Height: 6'2"
    Beginning Weight: 148 pounds (11/2/08)

Current Weight: 171 pounds (3/21/09)

Banned
    muscle juice is rpetty good. its 1000 calories in 4 scoops but unlike most of the other gainers the scoops are just a little bit above average protein shake scoopers. most gainers have a dumpster sized scooper and each serving has to be drunk in 24 oz of milk and is 1 pounds worth of protein. i used to take mj in 12 oz of whole milk and it mixes perfectly. its 28 dollars for 19 servings which is expensive but the cheapest you will find for a pre made gainer. i make my own gainer now though.

Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    The only way to tell which product will pack the pounds on the best, is to see how many calories are in a GRAM of the product.
    I totally disagree with this opinion. If you were doing this then you would want something that is 100% fat. That would have 9 calories per gram. That is called olive oil.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner View Post
    I totally disagree with this opinion. If you were doing this then you would want something that is 100% fat. That would have 9 calories per gram. That is called olive oil.
    This man knows what he's talking about!

Fat = 9 kcals per gram
    Carbs = 4kcals per gram
    Protein = 4kcals per gram

This is why, should you have difficulty gaining weight, you should eat more fatty foods, as they are more calorie dense. You are going about this wrong because a weight-gainer is not just about the total calories.

A "weight gainer product" should therefore be judged more on its make-up and the quality of the ingredients. Because you wouldn't want it to be all sugar, all fat, or all protein. You'd want something with a decent balance of carbs to protein, of good quality sources. Should you want more calories you'd add peanut butter or ice cream or olive oil or something to it to get more fat.

Banned
    if hes looking for a clean gainer optimum nutriitions pro complex gainer is very clean( i normally hate optimum whores but w/e)

since ilead a more dirty diet i prefer muscle juices.

Wannabebig Member
    That makes sense. I've been doing the Bako shake, with 2-3 tsps of olive oil, but I'm just insanely burned out on the effort and time to make 3-4 servings per day.

So ALN Maximus is 12% fat. Is there something out there with a higher fat content? I haven't looked at Muscle Juice yet, who makes it?
    Height: 6'2"
    Beginning Weight: 148 pounds (11/2/08)

Current Weight: 171 pounds (3/21/09)

Banned
    ultimate nutrition.
    Last edited by rctriplefresh5; 05-03-2009 at 03:25 PM.

Yeah. Or pure alcohol, isn't that 9 calories per gram as well? haha, go get yourself some alcohol and olive oil...

Way to ruin what could have been a classic thread.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xellarz View Post
    Yeah. Or pure alcohol, isn't that 9 calories per gram as well? haha, go get yourself some alcohol and olive oil...
    7 cals/g

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron_c View Post
    That makes sense. I've been doing the Bako shake, with 2-3 tsps of olive oil, but I'm just insanely burned out on the effort and time to make 3-4 servings per day.

So ALN Maximus is 12% fat. Is there something out there with a higher fat content? I haven't looked at Muscle Juice yet, who makes it?
    You can add fat to any shake yourself...

And why not make one giant Bako shake and then just split it up into individual servings?...

Quote Originally Posted by KingJustin View Post
    Way to ruin what could have been a classic thread.
    Sorry man, it's my duties as a mod.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

if the other one worked well why stop? dont fix what aint broken man
    the grass could be greener, and itll always be greener on the other side, but you just never know....this could be the one

Quote Originally Posted by rctriplefresh5 View Post
    muscle juice is rpetty good. its 1000 calories in 4 scoops but unlike most of the other gainers the scoops are just a little bit above average protein shake scoopers. most gainers have a dumpster sized scooper and each serving has to be drunk in 24 oz of milk and is 1 pounds worth of protein. i used to take mj in 12 oz of whole milk and it mixes perfectly. its 28 dollars for 19 servings which is expensive but the cheapest you will find for a pre made gainer. i make my own gainer now though.
    i second muscle juice it tastes great and is one of the cheapest weight gianers out there...my shake ends up being 1600 cals and 65 grams of protein once im finished with it...
    Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 140lbs June 2012
    DL:
    Squat:
    Bench:

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...54#post2084154

Banned
    yeah my shakes used to be around 1300 calories 71 grams of protein and only 16 oz in size. i now use homeade shakes and just today i actually improved the formulation of my current shake. my current shake as of today is 1460 calories 88 carbs, 96 grams of protein 88 grams of fat. the carbs are kind of low but w/e. ove had almost 400 grams of carbs today anyways.

Wannabebig New Member
    I took the time to calculate the calories per gram of supplements I was considering before I bought mine.

The suggested serving size of Ultimate Nutrition ISO Mass Xtreme gainer is 3 scoops = 153 grams. Which when mixed with water totals 650 calories.
    by simple math, you get 4.2 calories per gram.
    Other important values are:
    65 g of protein per serving = .42 grams of protein per gram of powder.
    7grams of fat per serving = 0.04g fat/gram of powder
    80g of carbohydrates per serving = .52g Carbs/gram of powder.