Thread: Coffee and Teen BodyBuilding Facts?

Wannabebig Member

Coffee and Teen BodyBuilding Myths?

Coffee so apparently it does this O.o

DHEA (dehydroepiandrosterone) is a steroid hormone that decreases with the consumption of coffee. DHEA is responsible for cellular and tissue repair. It also enhances memory and cognitive function, protects against stress, and supports numerous physiological processes (12).

Could this be bad for aspiring bodybuilders? Or even teenagers?

Source: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2012/...c-perspective/

I was also wondering is it true at the age of 14 you should not be lifting weights above your head as it buts pressure on your spine and can stump your growth. I have also heard if you cant do more than 8 reps you shouldnt be doing it that heavy if your under 16.
    Last edited by newbod; 09-30-2012 at 03:24 PM.

What a miserable, asinine website. "Coffee is a stimulant and increases the release of stress hormones, which are usually reserved for life or death, fight or flight situations (10). The elevation of these hormones is detectable hours after consumption. "

That is a completely idiotic statement. Coffee causes release (or slows reuptake) of acetylcholine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, etc. Yes, these are "fight or flight" hormones, but these are also released by running up a flight of stairs.

The rest of the website claims show an equal (complete lack) of understanding of basic human physiology/biochemistry. Please ignore it all.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    What a miserable, asinine website. "Coffee is a stimulant and increases the release of stress hormones, which are usually reserved for life or death, fight or flight situations (10). The elevation of these hormones is detectable hours after consumption. "

That is a completely idiotic statement. Coffee causes release (or slows reuptake) of acetylcholine, epinephrine, norepinephrine, etc. Yes, these are "fight or flight" hormones, but these are also released by running up a flight of stairs.

The rest of the website claims show an equal (complete lack) of understanding of basic human physiology/biochemistry. Please ignore it all.
    Ok thankyou very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post

He's right.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements – Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Dr. Subtotal
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Lang View Post
    never dare to try weightlifting and gym workouts at the age of 14-18 as this is thew real stage of growth when body parts are on development process so must avoid gym at this young age and try to have healthy diet and get the body progressed a lot
    I'm glad you provided strong, extensively peer-reviewed research in credible scientific journals backing this statement up.

OP, this appears to be nothing but the beginning of a few shill articles promoting green coffee extract, picking its citations in a favorable, subjective fashion.
    Last edited by BloodandThunder; 11-01-2012 at 09:20 AM.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...

Quote Originally Posted by Klaus Lang View Post
    never dare to try weightlifting and gym workouts at the age of 14-18 as this is thew real stage of growth when body parts are on development process so must avoid gym at this young age and try to have healthy diet and get the body progressed a lot
    You certainly shouldn't be doing anything that could permanently injure yourself, but please show me one scientific study that shows lifting weights will stop your growth at a young age?

I started lifting when I was 15 and I still grew to be 6'4" tall and the only injury I ever got was from trying to lift too heavy (I was 19 at that point and it was stupid).
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Quote Originally Posted by BloodandThunder View Post
    I'm glad you provided strong, extensively peer-reviewed research in credible scientific journals backing this statement up.
    I got a good chuckle out of this.
    H: 5'7" W:185
    Goals: 495 -315 -585

“Persistence Persistence.” - Calvin Coolidge.
    "I'm so pissed at how dumb this thread is that I think I'll go kick my cat. Again"-Belial
    "I mean, it's kind of like neutering your cat, hoping that'll stop your dog from humping your leg." - Belial
    Journal