The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Ketos Are Not Worth It!

I went on one for 2 days and, my god, i felt like a zombie. I have to much to enjoy in life to be doing that to myself. I'm thin as it is and i dont need to sacrifice my daily happiness for a few more cuts. I found myself starying blankly while with friends, feeling terrible,not wanting to move out of my seat. AWFUL! UNless you are grossly obese dont do it! Not worth it! Now, don't go eat bagels and donuts, but stick to fruit and yams and oatmeal at least! It was unnecessary torture and i would rather enjoy daily life with some *Minimal* chub than to be cut and grossly out of common life experiences.
    I love it in the mirror.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It takes most around 1-2 weeks to make the transition if they've never done keto before or at least not for a long while.

2 days isn't long enough for a proper assessment, but everyone is entitled to opinions.

There are other methods of course, like you rightly stated.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

:withstupi

You can't really evaluate a keto by what happens within the first two days. Until you go into ketosis, you're really gonna feel like crap. Still, I HATE keto diets, and don't think they really confer much in the way of benefits considering how much they suck, so I'm not really in fundamental disagreement. I like carbs. Some people love keto diets, though.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

I am actually enjoying it a bit. I am not hungry at all. My energy is ok so far, only drawback is I hate beef!!
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

What the heck does hating beef have to do with a keto diet?

As soon as I bumped up the fat intake I started to feel good. I have no real problems anymore..
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

hey greg is that jimmy the cab driver in your avatar??
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I'm not a big proponent of anything that seems as drastic as a Keto-type diet does, but some would say my diet is a bit fanatical as well, so to each his own.

After 18 weeks of a slow progression I whittled my daily carb. requirements down to about 50g on a daily basis. This is part of my daily routine and I have no problems.

Not quite Keto, but low enough to keep me lean and manageable enough that I still enjoy life.
    Last edited by MRJ; 06-25-2002 at 11:28 AM.
    Best Regards,

Originally posted by MRJ
    I'm not a big proponent of anything that seems as drastic as a Keto-type diet does, but some would say my diet is a bit fanatical as well, so to each his own.

After 18 weeks of a slow progression I whittled my daily carb. requirements down to about 50g on a daily basis. This is part of my daily routine and I have no problems.

Not quite Keto, but low enough to keep me lean and manageable enough that I still enjoy life.
    You gaining any muscle like that?

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Originally posted by stpatrick44

You gaining any muscle like that?
    Yes.

I was a proponent of high carbs. (like most persons) for bulking, but this method (although seemingly a slower way to gain) allows me to maintain a reasonably lean condition, whist providing the base for the building of lean tissue.

For my body, carb. management seems to be key.
    Best Regards,

hey greg is that jimmy the cab driver in your avatar??
    Yep
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

where can i find the step by step instructions to this diet. All the searches reveal about people on the diet but were is it.

I had to quit the diet, by the end of today I was totally sick to my tummy and had really bad side effects from the food, to heavy for me oh well back to my old routine.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by Celestial
    I had to quit the diet, by the end of today I was totally sick to my tummy and had really bad side effects from the food, to heavy for me oh well back to my old routine.
    Yeah same here. I felt like crap after 24 hrs w/ no carbs.

Ecoli die
    I don't like keto myself but everyone is different. Do what you like and what seems to work for you. As for where to find details, there are many different types of keto diets, here is one:

http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=34
    http://www.wannabebig.com/printarticle.php?articleid=45
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    I had the same problem. I quit and waited 2 weeks and tried it again (I was determined). No sickness the 2nd time!

from the sounds this diet is a tuff one huh. Ohh well I will wont be cutting up, till December or January. Got to get bigger! Is clen alright to stack with this diet?

ohh btw, is it real muscle sparring? Cause I have heard this same thing about so many other diets, to just find out otherwise. Anybody here lost a lot of muscle while on this diet? thanks.

It wasnt the no carbs. Its the fact I dont eat beef really cept maybe twice a day and I dont like oils n fats a lot. My tummy cant handle them because I have a history of gastritisand ulcers....so yeah. Oh well eating healthy will still let the weight come off.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8