Thread: strange bicep vein issue while lifting

Wannabebig Member

strange bicep vein issue while lifting

I was doing my warm-up set for squats this morning and at about my 5th rep m bicep started to sting pretty bad. I racked the bar up and looked down and the main vein that goes down the center of my bicep was bulging in an abnormal way and looked all twisted and "s"shaped . after a minute or so it smoothed out but had a few bumps in it, and by the time I was completely done with squats it had smoothed out back to normal and just looked like my usual vein. has anyone else experienced this or know what could cause that in a vein?? It kinda tripped me out for a bit and really threw off my focus.

Wannabebig Member
    What do you mean by had a few bumps in it? Were they hard and nodular or did they disappear when you pressed them?

I have never experienced that. You may want to see a doc just to make sure it is nothing to be concerned about.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig Member
    Thanks for the responses. its never happened to me either after a few years of lifting so I'm a little confounded by it, but I'm going to wait a bit and see if it happens again, and if it does ill definitely get it checked out by a doc. ill admit the fact that so few people here related to it kinda freaked me out but hopefully its just cause I was startin up cold.

that was a very weird experience and nothing anyone has heard of or dealt with, as you can judge by the responses.
    and No it's got nothing to do with you warming up, or being cold, don't kid yourself.

by any chance did you notice a bite, or like an insect bite or sting?
    or it sounds like maybe a reaction to something you ate? a sudden heavy dose of certain vitamins or minerals can produce strange bodily fluxes like that.

Wannabebig New Member
    DUDE, not trying to scare you but.. you could have a blood clot or multiple. you had a pain in your arm and saw bumps in your vein. PLEASE go to your doctor. That is NOT normal. they could be floating around in your body right now. look it up