Thread: best workout for warm-up sets??

best workout for warm-up sets??

well. .I m on WWB1 routine and i found that it is works well only if i do warmup sets before working sets..but i don't know which one to perform..
    plz reply asap thx

for example:
    warming up-
    pec-bench press(?)
    back-??
    deltoid-??
    biceps-barbell curls(?)
    triceps-cable press down(?)
    leg-??
    Last edited by leo; 06-24-2002 at 07:31 PM.

BIG BOI
    i really like alot of warmups sets(i mean alot) but very low reps. not over 3 reps. very nice. and not tiring.

yes yes i know
    but wut i wanna know is which exercise to perform for pec/back/deltoid/biceps/triceps/legs

BIG BOI
    ohh u wanted the exercises? i thought u was askn about warmup sets...lol

anyways i like compound movements and only those lol

like bench press for chest,barbell rows for back, push press for delts, bb curls or hammer curls for biceps,close bench for triceps,squats and stiff leg deads for legs...

thatz for warming up??

I use whatever exercise I'm doing as the warmup.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

but i just wanna know which will b the best..

The best warmup is the one done with the exercise you're about to do.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

ok..thx
    i haven't thought about that..

Blue veined member !
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

Shoulders:

Grab a 5 lb weight and do 10 arm circles forwards, and then 10 circles backwards w/ each arm.

Chest:

25 medium paced pushups. Rest. 135 flat bench @ 8 - 10 reps.

Legs:

Stretch. 2 sets of squats @ 135 lbs, 8 - 10 reps.

If you do chest and shoulders on the same day and start out w/ chest, your shoulders should be plenty warm after coming off of chest exercises.

Originally posted by Mark V
    Shoulders:

Grab a 5 lb weight and do 10 arm circles forwards, and then 10 circles backwards w/ each arm.

Chest:

Legs:

If you do chest and shoulders on the same day and start out w/ chest, your shoulders should be plenty warm after coming off of chest exercises.
    Do not stretch a muscle unless you have warmed it up properly. Also, why would you advocate stretching just legs?
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Originally posted by NateDogg

Do not stretch a muscle unless you have warmed it up properly. Also, why would you advocate stretching just legs?
    Personally, my legs are always pretty tight before I start a workout, and unless I stretch them, I'm just begging to pull something. I don't get this sensation with any upper body muscles, and my set of pushups seem to do a pretty good job of stretching things out for me anyway. Usually I do these pretty slow and go all the way down.

I realize the benefits of greater muscular flexibility, but I personally don't overemphasize it for myself. It may be an ignorant approach, but just as long as it keeps me from pulling a muscle, it's good enough for me. I've found (perhaps this is just a mental thing) that when I stretch too much before working out, my lifts struggle. Your mileage may vary.

One warm-up exercise I did leave out are pullups. I usually nail out a set of 20 before doing any back exercises.
    Last edited by Mark V; 06-25-2002 at 02:43 PM.

Why don't you just walk for 10 minutes to loosen up your legs, then stretch?

Originally posted by NateDogg
    Why don't you just walk for 10 minutes to loosen up your legs, then stretch?
    Walk schmalk

I guess I'm always just too anxious to grab the olympic rack while it is open so some lamer doesn't take it to do curls w/ the bar. I'll give it a try next time because it sounds like it would work better than my current routine. Eventhough those first few sets are only 135, they can be pretty shakey.

Blue veined member !
    Originally posted by Mark V
    Shoulders:

Chest:

Legs:

Mark, I hope you`re just posting what you do to warm up and not advising someone to do a set of bench and squat @ 135lb, that could be way too heavy for someone smaller or weaker than yourself, thats stupid advice. I know its common sense not to but some people might see that and attempt to do it...I`ve heard of worse. It was just posted as if you were advising him as he asked what should he do to warm up and you replied with the above.

Leo just listen to what powerman said, warm up with the excercise you are about to do eg..you are doing bench, do 1 - 2 warm up sets with maybe 40 - 50% of your 1 rep max, or use a pyramid method where you go up in weight each set .

Definately warm up before you stretch, imagine your muscles as toffee, when they are warm they are much more pliable, stretching them cold is the easiest way to tear a muscle.
    Rememeber after every dark night, comes a bright day so no matter how hard it gets stick ya chest out, keep ya head up and handle it ! - Tupac shakur

lol, yeah, at least give it a shot

yes yes thx for advising me

Originally posted by Hellrazor

Mark, I hope you`re just posting what you do to warm up and not advising someone to do a set of bench and squat @ 135lb, that could be way too heavy for someone smaller or weaker than yourself, thats stupid advice. I know its common sense not to but some people might see that and attempt to do it...I`ve heard of worse. It was just posted as if you were advising him as he asked what should he do to warm up and you replied with the above.

Leo just listen to what powerman said, warm up with the excercise you are about to do eg..you are doing bench, do 1 - 2 warm up sets with maybe 40 - 50% of your 1 rep max, or use a pyramid method where you go up in weight each set .

Definately warm up before you stretch, imagine your muscles as toffee, when they are warm they are much more pliable, stretching them cold is the easiest way to tear a muscle.

Doh! Thanks for the clarification Hellrazor. I had a lot on my mind yesterday evening and should have made the distinction that this is what I personally do to warm up. Poundages for warm-up exercises will obviously vary from individual to individual.