Thread: Understanding the "Need to Refeed"?

Hebrews 11:1

Understanding the "Need to Refeed"?

Hey all, I've done a search on "refeed" on this site, and I'm still a little confused as to why it's totally necessary. I've been on a low carb (cutting) diet (>100 g a day), as most of you know by now, and it's worked with great results, but I keep reading about having 1-2 days a week of re-upping the carbs while on this diet.

The rationale I believe is to restock the glycogen levels in my body, but is it totally necessary is the question? I guess I still need to understand the biology of the human body a little bit....

I've been on <100g of carbs. for 4 weeks and have yet to feel the need to do a refeed. To date I have not experienced any adverse affects.

It should be noted I am on the upside of a cutting cycle. (I am increasing total calories weekly) I just decided to leave the carbs. low and note what happened.
    Best Regards,

260(-62) from 193 from 275
    for nothing else it will drive your metabolism which will make the diet more effective

also training benefits to be had

The Fitness Industry is a 1 billion dollar industry.
    --Dairy Queens Blizzard pulls in 3/4 of a billion.
    --------------We are the elite.------------

Hebrews 11:1
    I've done refeeds, but they have been "unplanned" as friends keep dragging me to eat pizza with them for dinner, so I give in and get a couple of slices. I guess because my body's metabolism has increased to the point that that stuff really doesn't affect me too much (thanks to Xenadrine), and I actually am lighter on the scale the next day even after a carb fest....
    "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
    - 2 Corinthians 4:16-17