Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting Conversation!

Originally posted by Lucian
    IF I were on steriods I'd prolly gain like 100-150lbs in a year or something because if I remember right doesnt steriods remove your genetic limits to the size you can get to? I'm no expert when it comes to steriods, but I think if I took steriods I have the kinda genes where I could be 300lbs

Thats the dumbest thing from an ignorant person i have ever heard. So ur saying u can be ronnie in a year?

Anyhow, If i were to focus on the muscles which grow with little to no work, like if i build up my legs, yes I can gain 20lbs of muscle in a few months, no steriods.
    Um...
    "Pumpin ain't easy"

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I think Lucian is just having fun with you guys. No one could possibly be that stupid. 150 lbs of mass from steroids is quite clearly impossible. As for jack, there was only one point in the conversation where he was close to being correct. Titian, you do not HAVE to be huge to lift huge weights. That is incorrect. I'm 200 lbs and can dead, bench and leg press over 300 lbs (for several reps) in each movement. Also look at bodybuilders and powerlifters. Bodybuilders have bigger muscles, but powerlifters are stronger. Size can be an indicator of strength, but not always. I have a friend who is 5'6" and 165 lbs who can outbench me, even though I'm eight inches taller and 35 lbs heavier. However I do agree with you that Jack's stats are so far out of proportion with what he claims to lift, that something is indeed wrong there.tuttut

I can honestly say i didnt read all that

13 inch arms at his genetic potential.. what a fuckin joke

you can use roids "safely" if you only do a few cycles and low dosage maybe.. but when this guy is off them he's gonna lose a lot of his gains

Reading that conversation was like trying to sit still at a kenny g concert.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase
    Reading that conversation was like trying to sit still at a kenny g concert.
    More like trying not to rush the stage and beat him to a pulp.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I think Lucian is just having fun with you guys. No one could possibly be that stupid. 150 lbs of mass from steroids is quite clearly impossible
    Ok how much would I gain on steriods? I gain about 5lbs a month average with no steriods.

How much would I gain with steriods, I'm not pretending to be an expert on steriods I just doubled what I gain naturally to get an estimate
    I've never taken steriods so i wouldnt know

Thats the dumbest thing from an ignorant person i have ever heard. So ur saying u can be ronnie in a year?
    I dont know when Ill platau but I would think steriods stops that right?

And Yes I did gani 20 pounds in about 3 months,swear to god.

No I dont use steriods, could I be like ronnie? Maybe I could, I dont know my own potential, I dont really want to be like him though. I'm sure I could be over 300lbs though, how long it would take? Well without steriods I gain about 5lbs of muscle per month, 5x12 is 60lbs in a year.

is it fair to say if I took steriods I could gain 100lbs in a year?

This is idiotic. PLEASE do some research. Most natural trainees, physiologically speaking, have a difficult time gainined 10 pounds of muscle in a YEAR, unless they're newbies. Steroids don't completely blow away genetic limitations. This entire post is dripping with ignorance and arrogance. Either go learn something, or stop posting such drivel.
    Ok I guess I'm not most people.

Look, I dont care if you believe me or not, I dont have problems putting on mass, maybe most of you people do.

I can gain a good 10lbs in a couple months. You are right I havent been lifting for years, so I havent reached my limit.

No I'm not going to do research I KNOW my own body, I dont care if you guys cant gain 10lbs in a year without steriods.
    Last edited by Lucian; 07-01-2002 at 02:51 AM.

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    Lucian, if you did steroids non stop for a year you would more than likely be a corpse.

WannaBeStrong well Ive never used steriods and never cliamed to know alot about it but it sounds worthless.

I mean I can put on muscle without steriods, I'm young, and I havent reached my genetic limits. So why the hell should a 20 year old (hes younger than me I'm 21) be on steriods?!

Steriods may be useful for an athelete but i dont see why anyone would need it unless their genes are terrible.

And tell me how some of these steriod using freaks get to be 350-400lbs? Do they cycle? I think I could get to 300, I dont think I could get much over that but if I make gains at this same rate, and it doesnt slow I could get to that weight in a couple years.

But I dont think 300lbs is all that healthy, 230-240 is a good weight then cut from there down to about 210-200
    Last edited by Lucian; 07-01-2002 at 07:49 AM.

Do you think you could just keep on gaining 10lbs of muscle every month? Do you even really think those 10lbs are purley muscle mass? You should spend less time in a gym and more time in a library or school, because as stupid as you are I feel that you will do yourself injury in your life quite soon with some of your misinformation.

We all know steroids can only have huge impacts on people when you use them in a synergistic stack of AS and Cell-Tech. This can add 2358% more lean muscle mass in just 3 weeks!
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Lucian, you better stop now cause this will probably haunt you for a long while if you continue.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Hey Lucian, how do I make my upper pec grow, and also, how do i make my outer bicep peak better?
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

I am seriuously laughing my ass off while reading this

Originally posted by Lucian

Ok I guess I'm not most people.

Look, I dont care if you believe me or not, I dont have problems putting on mass, maybe most of you people do.

I can gain a good 10lbs in a couple months. You are right I havent been lifting for years, so I havent reached my limit.

No I'm not going to do research I KNOW my own body, I dont care if you guys cant gain 10lbs in a year without steriods.
    After careful consideration, I have decided you are a retard.*

*"retard" is used purely as a colloquialism here, no offense or disparagement intended to the mentally disabled.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

lol, nothing beats a good disclaimer.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Ok Lucian, it's fairly simple. You can NOT keep gaining mass forever EVEN WITH steroids. Yes steroids CAN help you go past genetic limits, but only when used intelligently. There are many people who use steroids and are not huge. There are not too many people who are "350-400" pounds and who are not simply fat. If you gain 10 pounds in one or two months, that's not all muscle. That's a fantastic rate of gain, even for a beginner. The human body simply doesn't work that way. There is no way that's all muscle, unless you're some kind of space alien. Steroids "enhance" natural capacity, they do not double or triple it. Unless you have good genes, you wouldn't ever get to three hundred pounds, steroid use not withstanding.tuttut
    The reason people asked you to do research is so you would know what steroids do, and what they are capable of, so that when you post, you would have something worthwhile to contribute to the conversation.

LOL at Belial. HAHAHA

Lucian to actually expect to put on 60 lbs. of muscle mass in a year is quite truly ridiculous.

Hey Lucian how do I get my lower forearm bigger than my upper forearm? Hahaha. Maybe I should work on getting my ankles bigger than my calves too. Ahahah.

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    An averaged framed person with over 300lbs on them would probably not be too good for your bones. I am guessing there is a reason most people can't get that big. tuttut

Do you think you could just keep on gaining 10lbs of muscle every month? Do you even really think those 10lbs are purley muscle mass? You should spend less time in a gym and more time in a library or school, because as stupid as you are I feel that you will do yourself injury in your life quite soon with some of your misinformation.

When Did I ever say I put on pure muscle? No one puts on 100 percent pure muscle.

Ok Lucian, it's fairly simple. You can NOT keep gaining mass forever EVEN WITH steroids. Yes steroids CAN help you go past genetic limits, but only when used intelligently. There are many people who use steroids and are not huge. There are not too many people who are "350-400" pounds and who are not simply fat. If you gain 10 pounds in one or two months, that's not all muscl
    Did I ever said I gained all muscle? I gained some fat too, however muscle weighs more than fat, so I gained mostly muscle.

Thats why I said I gained 5 pounds of muscle, if you add 5x3 months you get 15lbs of muscle and 5 of fat.

Ok Lucian, it's fairly simple. You can NOT keep gaining mass forever EVEN WITH steroids
    Making steriods useless for me. I can gain muscle just fine right now and quickly, will it last forever? Prolly not, but until i reach a limit that you guys keep talking about I'm not worried.

Hey Lucian how do I get my lower forearm bigger than my upper forearm? Hahaha. Maybe I should work on getting my ankles bigger than my calves too. Ahahah.
    Ask someone whos done it.

I have some articles here which describes Hardgainers, people who have problems gaining muscle mass

Now I never EVER said, I bulked up with pure lean muscle mass, I said I gained X amount of pounds. Most of it is muscle. Some of it could be water from the creatine, some of it could be fat. Alot of the muscle is visible however, so I know I gained alot of muscle.

http://www.leehayward.com/art16.htm
    Heres a Quote from the article
    I'm 30 years old, 6-feet, 170 pounds. I've been trying to bulk up for some time now but it's not working. I tried for many years to scarf down as much food and supplements as I could and lifted as heavy as I could, and although I gained a little, my appearance has changed that much and at one point I gained more fat than muscle. I still don't have that beefy look that I want. And although I still look thin, I seem to retain a little padding of fat, especially around the waist that gives me a "soft" look. My goal is to get to around 190 and lean, but when I start taking in huge quantities of food as most people recommend, I just get fat, not muscular. What am I doing wrong? What do you recommend for someone who has a tough time putting on muscle? Is it realistic to try to put on 20 pounds of muscle for someone like me? I hope you can help.

Answer

In order for you to gain 20 lbs. of muscle you will have to gain a lot more then 20 lbs. of bodyweight. It is almost impossible to gain a pound of lean muscle for every pound of weight that you gain. I recommend that over the course of the next several months you should bulk up to at least 210 lbs. (I'll show you how to do this in a minute :-)

This guy is taller than me, however hes a hardgainer. In serveral months yes he can go up ot 210lbs. So he can gain 40 pounds in several months. How much of this is muscle? You cant know that until you start cutting.

Heres another Quote from the article

By bulking up to this weight you can then diet off the extra pounds of fat and have a bigger more muscular body. Everyone that you see who is big and muscular did it this way. There is no way to stay lean and gain a lot of strength and muscle mass quickly. That is why most bodybuilders bulk up and gain weight in the off season and then diet down for a contest. If they were to stay lean all year long they wouldn't be able to gain as much muscle mass.
    Bulking up is what I was talking about however, people made statements before even reading what I said. Saying I claimed I could put on 20lbs of PURE muscle, and saying that I said it when clearly I didnt.

Bulking and Cutting are very BASIC bodybuilding routines, everyone goes through these phases, yes I could gain 100lbs in a year, pure muscle? I dont know and I never said that I could be 300lbs with 5% bodyfat within a year.
    Last edited by Lucian; 07-02-2002 at 06:25 AM.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    "15 lbs of muscle and 5 lbs of fat"= 20 lbs of mass. Last I checked 5*3=15 not 20. Just a suggestion, but you might want to double check your math BEFORE you post. People will be even less inclined to take your word if they think you have trouble doing simple figures.

Extreme I gained 20lbs. I estimate 15 of it was muscle. 15 + 5 = 20lbs.

Pure muscle? Never said that. Simple figures? 15+5 is 20,

"I'm gonna die with a dumbell in my hand." - stpatrick44

Age: 18 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 80kgs (176lbs) | BF%: dunno
    --
    BB Bench 1 x 110kgs (242lbs) | Deadlift: 135kgs (300lbs) x 2 | Current Routine: Bodybuilding