Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Refusal to train legs?

Refusal to train legs?

i cant understand why there is such opposition to training the legs, is it because they are lazy? what are your views?

IMO legs really make a figure and show the body to its full potential.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

3:16
    people are lazy.
    they wear trousers in the summer.

alot of the not do legs group, do not do back trianing as well.
    my exprience - joined gym 10 years ago, 6 1/2 years hard weight training exprience.

I wannabebig!
    heck i know a guy who only goes to the gym and does flat bench press and thinks hes the strongest **** to ever walk this earth haha.

i havent really done legs in awhile cause i cna't squat cause i injured my lowe back squating, and i have other back problems.. i guess i'll start doing leg extensions and leg presses again.. but i wish i could ******* do squats

Because 90% of people go to the gym to impress the opposite sex, while the rest of us are there to impress ourselves.

Girls like guys with nice abs, chest, and arms, not legs.

So that's why guys don't train their legs alot of the time.

I'm pretty sure most girls do train their legs though.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Banned
    There are 2 reasons people refuse to train legs.

a) A leg workout is far more difficult to handle physically and MENTALLY than any other workout.

b) Legs are not "show" muscles. To the recreational bodybuilder that is just trying to better his appearance, legs are not a high priority (unless the bodybuilder in question is female). Anybody who doesn't workout will take notice if you have made gains in your chest or arms, but will never even look at your legs.

This does not mean it is right to neglect leg training, especially squats as they promote full body growth. It is just that you are training legs more for yourself than for anybody else (which should be what working out is all about anyway, but we tend to place a high emphasis on what others think).

I disagree with the squats promote whole body growth idea. In fact, I think neglecting legs allows your upper body to grow more.

I do legs, of course. But, I work out at a seriously gay gym, and none of these guys can leg press more than 2 plates, but their upper bodies look better than 90% of the physiques I've seen posted on any board.

The moral being, don't worry about what other people do. It may be working for them.
    Last edited by MarshallPenn; 06-30-2002 at 04:20 PM.

I wannabebig!
    I agree with vido and goin big.. i think "most" people workout to impress others... guys dont walk around bottomless at the beach do they =\ so they get the mentality that they only need to workout their chest, stomach, and arms cuz that's all others mostly see occasionally they might work their back though!

I think if you wanna impress girls, back is one of the most important things, so I don't get why some people don't train it.

Nobody was ever impressed by my legs when they were 28", but if you have 16" arms everyone is.

God The thing I cant stand the most is seeing dudes in the gym with a nice upper body and chicken legs. Its so unatractive!
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Wannabebig Member
    my shorts go to my knees...what shows?..lol...my calves look good though

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Originally posted by captain piddles
    legs and back
    remove the foundation and the house comes down
    So true, so true!!!
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

Originally posted by Goin_Big
    I think if you wanna impress girls, back is one of the most important things, so I don't get why some people don't train it.

Nobody was ever impressed by my legs when they were 28", but if you have 16" arms everyone is.

Were your legs really 28 inches?
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

Originally posted by BigChaseyChase

Were your legs really 28 inches?
    Yes chase, they were 28 at the biggest point, now they're 25 at the biggest point.

btw chase, I have naturally big legs, so squatting just adds to them.

the only thing i can come up with is mental and physical laziness.
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

I say let them neglect their legs. You can only worry about everyone else so much. I no longer worry about what anyone else does in the gym.
    "As far as drugs were concerned, all my bodybuilding heroes were on everything but roller skates."

In Memphis, it is illegal for a woman to drive by herself, unless a man is walking or running infront of the vehicle, waving a red flag in order to warn approaching pedestrians and motorists.

yup chase, any distractions in the gym are out of the question, they only mess you up.

I used to worry when girls were there, but now I just train the same and say, ****'em if they care

Ditto to last post!
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    well, for me, if a day gets skipped, it's leg day. That's usually not cause of laziness, but for the fact that I have to work on my legs the next day, and thus having beat legs is not very conducive to employment

I feel ya accip, tomorrow's gonna be my first heavy squat day in almost half a year, and then on tuesday I gotta work at 6 am

I don't have to worry about skipping "leg day." Because with the way my workout schedule runs, leg day could pop up at anytime.

hmm, you doing one of those 4 days on, 1 day off schedules atm chase?

btw accip, work is never more important than lifting

My schedule is basically a "whatever I feel needs to be done next" schedule.