Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: MonStar's HST Journal

Mike, time to move on, time to be strong.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    Mike, time to move on, time to be strong.
    Haha man I am listening to that song.

... Don't stop now straight to the top now,
    Someone who truly understands, how to treat a man,
    This is what I need...
    Girl you made me believe again,
    If you happy then be with him, go 'head mommy breathe again
    Go 'head mommy breathe again, don't stop now straight to the top now
    Pretty phat song for P. Diddy if you ask me. Like it a lot.

MS

MonStar-
    I think I need to take back my earlier comment about the refeed. Tomorrow's a new day er I mean today.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    MonStar-
    I think I need to take back my earlier comment about the refeed. Tomorrow's a new day er I mean today.
    Haha yeah man its all good though. Youre exactly right man tomorrow is a new day.

Its time to be strong.

MS

Marcel-
    These are some phat lyrics I dont know if you like them or not.

You could die from love, at any given time I could die from slugs,
    But that's what this life is capable of,
    The death and the life of a bitch and a thug, is what I'm scared of,
    But God up in Heaven who ain't afraid to, tuck the toast in the Escalade,
    Pop on n!ggas that showin me shade, but only for the Rule 'cause that's my baby,
    Got me a down ass bitch with red hair, that don't care
    Blazed by the shots and flares,
    Girl c'mon, follow me, and bust back at police, conceal ya heat,
    It's a bit much to blaze up, Rule and Chuck, N-I-G, the Murderous, I-N-C,
    With one on the hip, one in the holster, n!gga will toast ya quick
    Especially a down ass bitch
    MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-03-2002 at 12:03 AM.

Yea of course. Ja Rule is tight.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    Yea of course. Ja Rule is tight.
    Hell yeah man. I think I like all of the Ja Rule songs. I guess its just his voice or something because every now and then his lyrics will suck and Ill still like the song.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-03-2002 at 12:56 PM.

We should put a fund together so we can fly out the biggest guy off the wbb forum to Monstar's to whip his ass everytime he cheats
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Where is Monstar? No recent posts. That can't be good.

Originally posted by gregnb
    We should put a fund together so we can fly out the biggest guy off the wbb forum to Monstar's to whip his ass everytime he cheats
    Hehe thats pretty much what I need to be honest. Cheated like a damn a*shole dont know what the f*ck I was thinking. Sometimes I just cant figure out what the hell is really going through my head to be honest. I mean seriously its summer time, and I cheated on my diet like a fat slob.

This kind of bullsh!t cannot be happening again. It really really cant. I am refeeding every other day!! How can I be cheating too..?

MS

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    Where is Monstar? No recent posts. That can't be good.
    Im still around Marshall dont worry about it. Cheated on my diet last night which was very very stupid. Idiot moron move on my part. Cant believe how stupid I was for doing that.

MS

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, view my current HST rep maxes by clicking here)

HST CYCLE 1 | MICROCYCLE 1 | DAY 5
    July 3, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      (postworkout)
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments.
      Very down on myself today. Not only did I feel like a fat piece of sh!t slob but I cant believe that I cheated. I just cant get over it. I know that its just food and I should just move on etc. I do have to look forward. This is it though I am serious I cant be doing this to myself anymore. Cheating then feeling like sh!t. tuttuttuttut

Diet. Refeed Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. tarter sauce + smoked ham
      (200 calories, 23g protein, 15g carbs, 9g fat)

Meal 3: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 1 cup skim milk
      (210 calories, 15g protein, 25g carbs, 9g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

-------------------------Started Refeed------------------------

Meal 5:
      (calories, protein, carbs, fat)

------------------------Finished Refeed------------------------

Total Calories:
      Total (g) Protein:
      Total (g) Carbs:
      Total (g) Fat:

Pain/Soreness.
      Not really that sore today. Hams are still a tad sore but nothing too big of a deal I dont think.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 8 hours of sleep. Good amount today. I had some extremely wacked out dreams though holy f*cking sh!t. Crazy a*s dreams.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 400 IU vitamin E 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 1 Lipodryl 1x today
    • 250 mg. usnic acid 2x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 500 mg. ALA halfway through refeed
    • 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed

Training.
      Squats:

Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts:

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises:

Flat Barbell Presses:

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

Underhand Supported Lever Rows:

High Pulls:

Standing Barbell Curls:

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls:

Machine Crunches:

Training Length.
      Lasted

Water.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 205.5 lbs. Very dissapointed in myself. Cheated on my diet last night. Its just sickening to think that I could be refeeding every other day and still have some kind of want to cheat. I guess we all make mistakes. Time to move on.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-03-2002 at 05:44 PM.

I'm not fat, I'm big boned faus's Avatar
    Originally posted by MonStar

Cheated on my diet last night which was very very stupid. Idiot moron move on my part. Cant believe how stupid I was for doing that.

MS
    Hey MonStar
    I've never posted to your journal, but I've followed it for a while and really heed the comments that you, B&I, MarshallPenn, PowerManDL, and others say, so don't take these comments as negative criticism. There's nothing but support coming from this end
    I've followed many of your days (though not every day through EVERY one of your journals) and was wondering about your diet. In one of your journals someone made the comment about all the supps you take. It seems that on your isocaloric days, you eat hardly any "real" food. At ~2100 calories on those iso days, you should still be able to eat a piece of lean steak, chicken, fatty fish, or something for one meal and stay within bounds.
    Don't get down on yourself. When you feel guilty about cheating, use that energy to positively re-dedicate yourself and you won't fail!
    Keep up the good work.

Originally posted by faus
    Hey MonStar
    I've never posted to your journal, but I've followed it for a while and really heed the comments that you, B&I, MarshallPenn, PowerManDL, and others say, so don't take these comments as negative criticism. There's nothing but support coming from this end
    Thanks a lot for the post faus really appreciate the support man, seriously. I encourage you to post in my journal with comments / suggestions etc. Again your support is definitely appreciated. I see that its your 2nd post here at WBB, welcome aboard.

I've followed many of your days (though not every day through EVERY one of your journals) and was wondering about your diet. In one of your journals someone made the comment about all the supps you take. It seems that on your isocaloric days, you eat hardly any "real" food. At ~2100 calories on those iso days, you should still be able to eat a piece of lean steak, chicken, fatty fish, or something for one meal and stay within bounds.
    Thanks a lot for following my journal faus its seriously very very appreciated. Yeah I do take a good number of supplements. Some vitamins and minerals and ALA and creatine, glutamine, etc. On isocaloric days I dont eat too much real food which maybe isnt the best way to go. I eat a MRP first thing in the morning, then some skim milk with wheat bread and peanut butter. Etc.

Yeah I guess I should try to include some more real food. Thank you very much for the suggestion.

Don't get down on yourself. When you feel guilty about cheating, use that energy to positively re-dedicate yourself and you won't fail! Keep up the good work.
    Yeah I know I have to stop cheating on my diet, to stop getting down on myself. Yeah I know youre right man I end up red-dedicating myself to dieting etc. I get so down on myself thinking "what the F*CK were you thinking you fat piece of sh!t?" Then I just feel horrible and it takes a lot to get me back into it.

MS

Originally posted by faus
    It seems that on your isocaloric days, you eat hardly any "real" food. At ~2100 calories on those iso days, you should still be able to eat a piece of lean steak, chicken, fatty fish, or something for one meal and stay within bounds.
    I said something about that once before. Your diet is causing your cravings, nothing else. You deprive your body of any decent amount of real food and then you binge and it's fu*king with your system. If you get on a consistent diet and monitor it closely, you won't need to binge and your cravings will die down considerably. Instead of having binge days ("refeed" as many call it), get on a steady diet of 2500-3000 cals per day, split up between 5 or 6 meals (at 500-600 cals per meal), get some real solid food in you and I'll bet that you'll feel better about your diet and yourself.

If you stick with your current diet, you only need one thing .... WILL POWER!!! You keep feeling fat and thinking you're a fat piece of $hit, that should tell you something ... it's time to change something. Don't rely on supps. to do what you can do with a steady diet. Get it together man, you have some serious strength potential, don't let your lack of will power hold you down.

tuttut
    Last edited by Otter; 07-03-2002 at 11:38 AM.

Originally posted by Otter
    I said something about that once before. Your diet is causing your cravings, nothing else. You deprive your body of any decent amount of real food and then you binge and it's fu*king with your system. If you get on a consistent diet and monitor it closely, you won't need to binge and your cravings will die down considerably. Instead of having binge days ("refeed" as many call it), get on a steady diet of 2500-3000 cals per day, split up between 5 or 6 meals (at 500-600 cals per meal), get some real solid food in you and I'll bet that you'll feel better about your diet and yourself.
    Yeah I am going to try and bring into play some more real food. Like chicken and turkey and everything like that. It makes sense why I binge a little bit. But honestly with me refeeding every other day there is no excuse for a binge. I mean honestly its a lot of fun and I enjoy eating on my refeed days. Thats the bottom line.

There is no excuse for me binging when I am refeeding so f*cking often. Thats just a lack of willpower and just a disgusting thought to be honest. I am not going to let my will power like you said just f*ck up everything else. It messes up my workouts, and it f*cks with my head too much.

If you stick with your current diet, you only need one thing .... WILL POWER!!! You keep feeling fat and thinking you're a fat piece of $hit, that should tell you something ... it's time to change something. Don't rely on supps. to do what you can do with a steady diet. Get it together man, you have some serious strength potential, don't let your lack of will power hold you down.

tuttut
    I know that this diet takes some will power youre right. But I feel liky my strength really soars with it once I am on track with this diet. Fat gradually drops off and I feel like my strength just goes up and up and up in the gym. I mean honestly that is what's important if you ask me.

Just need to get my sh!t together and stop being a little f*cking baby who cant stick to a motherf*cking diet. I need to get serious and stop making excuses and stop f*cking d!cking around.

MS

Banned