Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's HST Journal

Hybrid View

MonStar's HST Journal

Decided to give HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) one last shot. I feel like my metabolism was through the f*cking roof while I was doing HST, and my strength was excellent too. I am going to be expecting some great things while on this program.

Again guys PLEASE only positive support. Yes its my 50th journal, everyone here at WBB knows that. I know its stupid and I know its annoying and I know that you guys hate when I make a new journal etc.

But again please I am hoping that all of my supporters will still post frequenty in my journal.. you guys know who you are. (Blood&Iron, The_Chicken_Daddy, MarshallPenn, rookiebldr, Marcel, FAngel, etc.) If I am forgetting you it's because it is 4:00 AM not because your posts are not important.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-29-2002 at 09:51 AM.

Diet.
    • I am going to be doing a pretty basic diet actually that is kind of similar to what I have done in the past, a cyclical isocaloric diet (CID). It is basically an isocaloric diet, while simply incorporating refeeds. However I am not going to be doing 1-2 day refeeds like some of us on a CID are. I am going to be doing 2-3 hour refeeds, postworkout.

Ill end up eating low/non-fat foods that are high in carbs. This will last like I said 2-3 hours and then Ill switch back to eating isocalorically. But on HST I will be training every other day consecutively so I will be refeeding every other day, rather consistently. On my isocaloric days (non-training) however, Ill be eating roughly the following:

2000 - 2200 calories
      180 - 200g protein
      180 - 200g carbs
      60 - 80g fat

Like I said for the 2-3 hours postworkout while I refeed anything is fair game more or less. Basically anything that is low in fat and high in carbs. Things like low-fat ice-cream and Rold Gold pretzels are completely fine. Tasty, and delicious.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-30-2002 at 09:32 AM.

HST Training.
    • As you all know I am currently going to be following HST, Hypertrophy Specific Training. In my version of HST, one cycle of HST is four microcycles. It is broken down into four microcycles, that each consist of 6 workouts, lasting 12 days each. In the first microcycle, all of the exercises will be performed with 15 reps. In the second microcycle, all of the exercises will performed with 10 reps, in the third, 5 reps, and finally in the fourth, reps may go as low as 2-3.

Each microcycle like I said is 6 training sessions, and lasts a total of 12 days long. So an entire HST cycle for me is 48 days total.

HST is all about gradual progression. Adding weight every single workout, and eventually that leading to increased strength and muscular development. Training to failure is NOT recommended nor necessary for this program to be effective. I will be training every other day. If for some odd reason I miss a workout Ill just make it up the next day. Everyday I am not training Ill end up doing some light cardio first thing in the morning.

Each workout in HST is a full-body workout. Each muscle group will be trained with 1-2 exercises, and just one working set per exercise. It is all based on rep maxes. A 5 rep max (5RM), 10 rep max (10RM), and 15 rep max (15RM) with specific exercises. Hopefully after my first full cycle of HST my RMs will have increased. Well have to see what happens though.

My fourth microcycle in each HST cycle is kind of confusing. This is where usually a person would perform negatives, however I dont have a spotter. So Ill just be gradually, very gradually, adding weight to my 5RM. Once I reach a weight where I cant get 2 full reps with good form then Ill just keep that weight for the remainder of the microcycle.

After my entire HST cycle there is a unique part of HST called strategic deconditioning. This is simply more or less a week OFF of training alltogether. There are a few reasons for this. (1) is to make the higher-reps (15) effective again when I start back up with my second HST cycle, and (2) to help the body recovery from the highly intense negatives.

The exercises that I will be performing each workout are:
    • Squats
    • Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts
    • Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises
    • Flat Barbell Presses
    • Wide-grip Underhand Chins
    • Flat Dumbbell Flyes
    • Underhand Supported Lever Rows
    • High Pulls
    • Standing Barbell Curls
    • Lying Cambered-bar Extensions
    • Standing Barbell Reverse Curls
    • Machine Crunches

As I said before Ill be doing one set of each exercise. I know that everything I have said so far is probably very confusing - so you can check out the HST articles themselves by clicking here.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-29-2002 at 09:54 AM.

HST Rep Maxes.
    • Squats
      340 15RM
      365 10RM
      425 5RM

Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts
      145 15RM
      165 10RM
      185 5RM

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises
      300 15RM
      320 10RM
      340 5RM

Flat Barbell Presses
      195 15RM
      215 10RM
      255 5RM

Wide-grip Underhand Chins
      BW 15RM
      +20 10RM
      +55 5RM

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
      40 15RM
      60 10RM
      85 5RM

Underhand Supported Lever Rows
      170 15RM
      195 10RM
      220 5RM

High Pulls
      100 15RM
      115 10RM
      145 5RM

Standing Barbell Curls
      85 15RM
      100 10RM
      120 5RM

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions
      110 15RM
      120 10RM
      140 5RM

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls
      70 15RM
      80 10RM
      90 5RM

Machine Crunches
      155 15RM
      165 10RM
      175 5RM

Hopefully by the end of my first HST cycle I will have exceeded many of these poundages. Theyre all accurate though.
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-29-2002 at 11:03 AM.

MonStar, I'm gonna flame you because its 3 30 am and I'm drunk, not because I care that this is your 50th journal.

At any rate, goddammit, we've told you how to gain motherfucker, why don't you stick with it? geezus H. christ motherfucker, why don't you listen to us?

Ok, enough of that.....I don't mind you changing up styles and **** cause I do it to, but I keep the same journal.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm replying except to be a jerk.... did anyone else think that the end of Return of the Jedi had extra meaning after watching Anakin and Senator Natalie Portman in Episode II? I know it almost brought me to tears when Vader threw the Emperor over the edge.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    MonStar, I'm gonna flame you because its 3 30 am and I'm drunk, not because I care that this is your 50th journal.

At any rate, goddammit, we've told you how to gain motherfucker, why don't you stick with it? geezus H. christ motherfucker, why don't you listen to us?
    Haha okay Matt whatever you say bro. Its obvious that your drunk Jesus.

But anyways, yeah I know that you all have told me how to gain and I keep changing sh!t up. HST just seems like so great and all I had to give it one last shot ya know?

Ok, enough of that.....I don't mind you changing up styles and **** cause I do it to, but I keep the same journal.
    Yeah I just like to start a new journal when I start something completely new.

Honestly I don't even know why I'm replying except to be a jerk.... did anyone else think that the end of Return of the Jedi had extra meaning after watching Anakin and Senator Natalie Portman in Episode II? I know it almost brought me to tears when Vader threw the Emperor over the edge.
    Haha youre just totally losing it man.

Keep up the heavy poundages, but lay off the alcohol.

MS
    Last edited by MonStar; 06-29-2002 at 02:34 AM.

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, view my current HST rep maxes by clicking here)

HST CYCLE 1 | MICROCYCLE 1 | DAY 1
    June 29, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      (postworkout) 10 minutes treadmill, 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline + 10 minutes stationery bike, level 6.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments.
      Decided to give HST one last shot. Hehe I know that you guys are probably going to go crazy over this but oh well. After checking out the HST forums (http://www.hypertrophy-specific.com/.../ikonboard.cgi) and seeing how great the results some of the guys were getting I had to give it one last shot.

I dont know well see what happens this time around with HST. Hopefully all will go well. I have just ordered a copy of a book called "Supertraining" which should really help me understand the chemistry behind training and everything like that. I guess well see what happens with that.

Diet. Refeed Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 2g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

-------------------------Started Refeed------------------------

Meal 3: Sobe Power + Swedish Fish
      (500 calories, 1g protein, 128g carbs, 0g fat)

Meal 4: Mike & Ikes + Milky Way Lite
      (390 calories, 3g protein, 89g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 5: Lean Cuisine chicken fried rice + 1 cup low-fat Ben & Jerry's ice-cream
      (760 calories, 29g protein, 131g carbs, 13g fat)

Meal 6: Lean Cuisine pizza + 1 cup low-fat Ben & Jerry's ice-cream
      (740 calories, 26g protein, 133g carbs, 11g fat)

------------------------Finished Refeed------------------------

Meal 7: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (390 calories, 27g protein, 40g carbs, 17g fat)

Total Calories: 3560
      Total (g) Protein: 180g - 20%
      Total (g) Carbs: 609g - 67%
      Total (g) Fat: 51g - 13%

Pain/Soreness.
      Not really sore today at all, feel fine. My glutes are actually a little sore but not from working out I dont think. Other than that I am fine.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 4.5 hours + 1 hour of sleep. tuttuttuttut My motherf*cking family kept waking me up like stupid f*cking a*sholes. My performance in the gym today is probably going to be a motherf*cking joke thanks to them. Sh!t pisses me off so much.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 400 IU vitamin E 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 1 Lipodryl 1x today
    • 250 mg. usnic acid 2x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 500 mg. ALA halfway through refeed
    • 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed

Currently doing an usnic acid cycle. Probably going to do it for around another 5 weeks or so then drop usnic acid for maybe a few weeks and then maybe start it up again if I gain a little fat.

Also I am dropping my second dose of Lipodryl / Adrenalin on my refeed days. Simply because I do not want the ephedrine / norephedrine blunting my insulin or anything even similar to that. Just a very dumb idea I should have never done that to begin with.

Training.
      Squats:

240 x 15

Nice hard set of squats today! Hit my quads very very hard. Not near failure but pretty hard considering its my first day of HST. Going to hit up 260 lbs. on Monday I think. Well see what happens with that. Again hit my quads and glutes hard. High reps are definitely something that I am not used to! Lotta lactic acid buildup.

Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts:

95 x 15

Nice set of SLDLs today. Need to get back into the swing of these. I really enjoy them so that honestly shouldnt be a problem. Kept a slight bend in my knees and used a double overhand grip. Really hit my hamstrings hard and contracted my glutes hard at the top of every single repetition. Great stretch in my hamstrings at the bottom of every rep.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises:

200 x 15

Nice set of calf raises today! Actually felt pretty light when I first started but after I got into the movement started to get some good lactic acid buildup. Really squeezed my calves hard and stretched them out well. Good overall set I think.

Flat Barbell Presses:

145 x 15

Nice set of flat BB presses today. Hit my pecs hard with some good form and ROM. Quick reps really squeezing my pecs hard with every single rep. Nice set. Fairly easy but not a joke of a set. Going to hit up 155 lbs. on Monday and see how that goes.

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

-100 x 15

Nice set of chins today!! Did -100 lbs. which sounds like a lot but this allowed me to contract my lats like never before. Did completely full ROM reps really hitting my entire back completely. Nice hard set really really good. Lactic acid buildup effected my set rather quickly though.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

15 x 15

Haha used the 15s for this set. Extremely light almost a total joke at first. Then as I got into the set going all the way down and all the way back up I really hammered my pecs completely. Good set. Didnt expect to exaust my pecs this badly with the 15s. Nice set! Pecs got a really nice pump off of this set.

Underhand Supported Lever Rows:

120 x 15

A hard set of rows today. Used the supported lever row machine by Paramount. Squeezed my lats extremely hard. Basically focused whole-heartedly on my lats. Didnt have to worry about my lower back being fatigued like I do with bentover rows. Anyway a pretty hard set. Lactic acid buildup in my lats was crazy.

High Pulls:

75 x 15

Nice hard set of high pulls today. Hammered the sh!t outta my delts and my traps. Really hit both musclegroups hard. Used a tiny bit wider than a shoulder-width grip. Which really came out to be the perfect grip to be completely honest. Great set.

Standing Barbell Curls:

60 x 15

Nice set of BB curls today. Really tough actually a little too hard. Hit my biceps very very hard with a lot of lactic acid buildup. My biceps were burnt out like crazy with this set. After around 7-10 slow reps my biceps were totally on fire. Kept going to 15 though. Not at failure, just a good burn.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

85 x 15

Nice set of skulls today. Hit my triceps very very hard with some good solid reps. My triceps were pretty fatigued from this set. Hit them hard. Good set. Squeezed my triceps hard at the top of every single rep. Nice overall set of skulls.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls:

45 x 15

Woah my biceps and forearms both got f*cked from this set. Lactic acid buildup was crazy. Hit my brachialis and brachioradialis completely. I mean really really burnt them out 100%. Good good set.

Machine Crunches:

105 x 15

Nice way to finish off my workout today. Good set of crunches right at about the right weight. Squeezed my abs hard with every single rep. Really got some good contractions. Good lactic acid buildup - nice overall set.

Training Length.
      Lasted 30 minutes today! Brief and intense just the way that it should be. Gym wasnt busy at all, got in and got out.

Water.
      Good amount today I think I need to keep it up.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 206 lbs. Must be all food and water weight because last night and the night before I binged on high-fat, high-carb foods like it was my job.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-01-2002 at 09:59 AM.

So what you're saying is that watching Vader turn back to the good side and toss the Emperor's punk ass didn't affect you any more after seeing all the **** that went down in Episode II? I know it shook me up a lot more.

Man, you're a bigger Communist than Jane.

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

So what you're saying is that watching Vader turn back to the good side and toss the Emperor's punk ass didn't affect you any more after seeing all the **** that went down in Episode II? I know it shook me up a lot more.

Man, you're a bigger Communist than Jane.
    I have a damn clue what youre talking about bro. I am a bigger communist than Jane.. ??

MS

You should drink more, then you'll understand things as the ninja masters do. Watching Vader turn back to good is a pivotal moment in any ninja's training.

Will Smith's new video is alright.

Micky, it's not so much the fact that you keep changing journals, it's more to do with the fact that you keep changing training protocol and diet strategies. It's annoying knowing that you could be growing stronger and bigger with one type of routine providing you stick with it but you keep switching and being undecisive.

Now, are you gonna actually stick with HST for the duration? If not, I'll be pissed. I'm sure several others will too. And what in the name of my unit are you doing up that late?! Get to bed you retard!

P.s. Since you're the only one on the board using usnic acid, how is it going thus far?
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Yeah man, why does Vader's converting not affect you? I mean, think about it!

Mike, if your changing you program it's because you 'know' and 'feel' like you did better on HST. If it makes you happy then fook it go for it brudda.

Nobody should complain about sh*t. It's your fuken training you can do whatever the fuk you want with it. Your always progressing so go for what you feel best on.

If you don't like HST this time around then change it to something else. What harm can be done? You will be progressing EVEN WHILE dieting so go for what makes you happiest and if that's results go with what gives you the best results.

You will eventually learn what works best for you. Good luck bro I will be checking this out daily. Peace.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

You should drink more, then you'll understand things as the ninja masters do. Watching Vader turn back to good is a pivotal moment in any ninja's training.

Will Smith's new video is alright.
    Haha okay man whatever you say.

Anyway I have never drank my entire life really so I am definitely not going to be starting now. I havnt touched alcohol since I was like 12-13 years old and even then I felt like it was a total mistake. Stupid move on my part. We all learn from our mistakes though I guess.

MS

Originally posted by The_Chicken_Daddy
    Micky, it's not so much the fact that you keep changing journals, it's more to do with the fact that you keep changing training protocol and diet strategies. It's annoying knowing that you could be growing stronger and bigger with one type of routine providing you stick with it but you keep switching and being undecisive.
    Yeah I guess youre right Robboe. I am adding you to the list of guys who always support me by the way - my apologies for leaving you out it just slipped my mind at 4:00 AM. But yeah I completely understand what youre saying. I just feel like HST is a good program that really jacked up my metabolism big time. I felt like I was eating a lot and still dropping fat at an excellent rate.

Now, are you gonna actually stick with HST for the duration? If not, I'll be pissed. I'm sure several others will too. And what in the name of my unit are you doing up that late?! Get to bed you retard!

P.s. Since you're the only one on the board using usnic acid, how is it going thus far?
    Yeah I am going to Rob trust me. I definitely am going to and if for some stupid reason I dont I want you personally to go f*cking crazy. I mean I want you to be pissed because I am going to be pissed at myself. In the name of your unit? Haha. I was just on the phone late late with my girlfriend trying to get her to give me another chance. I was stupid as usual.

Usnic acid is working well so far at the dosage that I am currently taking. (250 mg. twice per day) Little hotter than usual and sweat a tad more but I feel like it takes off fat more quickly as well.

MS

Originally posted by Marcel
    Mike, if your changing you program it's because you 'know' and 'feel' like you did better on HST. If it makes you happy then fook it go for it brudda.
    Hey thanks a lot Marcel, really appreciate your support seriously bro. Its always nice to have guys support you no matter what you decide to do ya know? Thats always a good thing. HST really just helped me burn off some fat I think even though I was gaining some strength and maybe some muscular development.

Nobody should complain about sh*t. It's your fuken training you can do whatever the fuk you want with it. Your always progressing so go for what you feel best on.
    I know but I can completely understand why you guys would be pissed off and all that because I changed my journals yet again. Hopefully, almost definitely, this time Ill stick with it. I dont know what the f*ck I was thinking not sticking to the same damn journal anyway.

If you don't like HST this time around then change it to something else. What harm can be done? You will be progressing EVEN WHILE dieting so go for what makes you happiest and if that's results go with what gives you the best results.
    I know that I do continue progressing no matter what program I seem to try which is always a good thing. I just need to keep the same program for more than just a few weeks ya know. I mean thats just my opinion but I think it takes at least a month to get a really good idea of whether or not what youre doing is working.

You will eventually learn what works best for you. Good luck bro I will be checking this out daily. Peace.
    Yeah I know I hope to learn what works best for me and thanks again for your support.

This may be the best post at WBB ever. Now I'm going to have to go watch some Star Wars.

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    This may be the best post at WBB ever. Now I'm going to have to go watch some Star Wars.
    Haha whatever you say Marshall.

MS

Hey bro, another journal I see . Hope you find something that works for ya, but 'till then everyone is just gonna have to deal with it hehe.

Btw, how is the Usnic acid going? have you lost any weight or seen any changes in appearances? any side effects?
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

OK - Now let me add something more constructive. :-)

It's a shame you did your obligatory "I'm about to start a new routine, so I'll binge again" thing. Your self discipline is so low, it really needs some work. I personally think that low self discipline and HST don't mix well. So that may be why you keep having trouble with it.

Ok, as usual, you do HST the same way - the wrong way - each time. I do feel however, that your maxes may be fairly accurate this time, but your skipping SD before you start once again! However, this is not the worst thing in the world, because the 15's will actually serve as a the deconditioning period for you, and while you are doing them, you'll be ramping up your metabolism to boot. So not the end of the world.

Here is the best piece of advice I can give you, and I'm sure there will be more to follow. Don't try for stregnth increases on the 15's and 10's -- if you can go heavier, don't. Just do your reps and move on. When you get to the last day of the 5's, use the last 2 weeks (7 & 8) to go hog wild with weights. My explosion at the end of each cycle is enormous. Oh yeah, try some negatives too, there has to be a spot there at your gym for you.

One last thing, even if you drop HST again, I really feel that you are benefitting tremendously from the 15's. You could back to a program like Belial's and benefit once again -- although not like HST. I'm convinced of that now, as you know.

1 more. EAT!

Ok, one more. Clarify your goals. If it's fat loss, don't expect strength or size increases. If it's strength do WSB. If it's size and strength, do HST, but eat right. Etc...

Good luck!

Originally posted by MonStar

Haha whatever you say Marshall.

MS
    I didn't realize that Matt kept going! He was out of his tree. Too funny.

Originally posted by gregnb
    Hey bro, another journal I see . Hope you find something that works for ya, but 'till then everyone is just gonna have to deal with it hehe.

Btw, how is the Usnic acid going? have you lost any weight or seen any changes in appearances? any side effects?
    Yeah man one last journal. But hey thats what I said last time so who the hell knows. Really looking forward to it this time though. Actually looking forward to the 15s, 10s, and obviously the 5s and all that. Hoping for some fat-loss and some extra strength and development too.

Usnic acid is going good. Feel a little bit hotter and sweat a little more. Sweat some in my sleep too sometimes. Nothing too big of a deal because I just cheated the last 2 days. Check up in a few days man.

When are you starting your cycle?

MS

Still waiting on the ALA Do you know somewhere I could purchase good quality ALA cheap?

It's a shame you did your obligatory "I'm about to start a new routine, so I'll binge again" thing. Your self discipline is so low, it really needs some work. I personally think that low self discipline and HST don't mix well. So that may be why you keep having trouble with it.
    I have to agree with that man. It's like your Usnic acid is going to waste! Just think of it this way.. you blew $37 bucks so just deal with it 'till you're done Who knows how much better the results could be
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    OK - Now let me add something more constructive. :-)

Yeah stupid move I guess as usual. Never really know what the f*ck I am thinking to be honest I am just like "oh since I am already fat lemme stuff my face like as a*shole." Haha I seriously dont know what the f*ck goes through my head. Oh well, now its in the past and there is nothing that I can do about it at this point. Need to look ahead.

Ok, as usual, you do HST the same way - the wrong way - each time. I do feel however, that your maxes may be fairly accurate this time, but your skipping SD before you start once again! However, this is not the worst thing in the world, because the 15's will actually serve as a the deconditioning period for you, and while you are doing them, you'll be ramping up your metabolism to boot. So not the end of the world.
    I dont feel like I do it the "wrong way" at all but we all have our own opinions right? My maxes last time around were fairly accurate as they are this time around. Except for SLDLs I feel much stronger than what my max is supposed to be. I am hoping to ramp up my metabolism big time following HST. Thats always a huge plus with this program. Always enjoy that part of it.

Here is the best piece of advice I can give you, and I'm sure there will be more to follow. Don't try for stregnth increases on the 15's and 10's -- if you can go heavier, don't. Just do your reps and move on. When you get to the last day of the 5's, use the last 2 weeks (7 & 8) to go hog wild with weights. My explosion at the end of each cycle is enormous. Oh yeah, try some negatives too, there has to be a spot there at your gym for you.
    Really? You dont think that I should bump up my strength for the 15s and the 10s? I mean what good is HST if I am keeping my strength the same that basically takes all of the fun out of it. Going to all out failure on the 6th workout is what makes HST so much fun. Well in my opinion at least. Well see. Why are you saying that? Just because its too taxing on my CNS or what?

One last thing, even if you drop HST again, I really feel that you are benefitting tremendously from the 15's. You could back to a program like Belial's and benefit once again -- although not like HST. I'm convinced of that now, as you know.
    Yeah I do seem to get great results from the 15s and 10s everytime I try this program, almost completely ridiculous that I dont stick with it.

1 more. EAT!

Ok, one more. Clarify your goals. If it's fat loss, don't expect strength or size increases. If it's strength do WSB. If it's size and strength, do HST, but eat right. Etc...

Good luck!
    My goals are to lose some fat first of all, while gaining some strength and develop a few weakpoints in my physique.

MS

Originally posted by gregnb
    Still waiting on the ALA Do you know somewhere I could purchase good quality ALA cheap?
    Haha I am telling you man again to check out www.beyond-a-century.com just do a search for lipoic acid I believe. You can buy like 50g of ALA for $17.50 or something along those lines. Extremely cheap and very effective. The only downside is that when you take it there is a little throat irritation just because its the powder not capsule / tablet.

I have to agree with that man. It's like your Usnic acid is going to waste! Just think of it this way.. you blew $37 bucks so just deal with it 'till you're done Who knows how much better the results could be
    Yeah overall though I think that usnic acid is working well. When I was dieting and not being a fat a*s piece of sh!t I felt extremely lean I felt like I had rockhard abs etc. Usually my abs are a little soft which always pisses me off but they were feeling harder. Dont worry man 2 weeks time Ill have dropped some fat - guaranteed.

MS