Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Achieving the Rambo "look"

Banned

Achieving the Rambo "look"

Hello,

Which is the "best" way to achieve this look?

I'm Not looking for a huge look, happy to be around 80kg of good mass.

The first thing I will get ou the way is that, please don't give me any leg regime or any sort of regime that involves anything I don't request as I don't want you guys wasting your own time.I don't wish to do legs at all at the moment as I get injuries far to often.

The main exercises I'm wanting the most advice from are as follows,

Arms & Chest

Can anyone give me the best routines just for exercises/building mass for these parts only.

My diet is fine as I eat what I wish but also have enough protein to cover my size so I do not need advise on this either.

Thanks in advance,.

ps: Please don't comment if your comment isn't an exercise regime for the parts asked. I don't care if some troll wishes to call me for being a curl jockey or looking "odd" for having a built upper body only. I don't wish to come across offensive or anything but I want constructive reples ONLY in the questions I asked.

I appreciate the feedback.
    Last edited by mrcoleman; 10-19-2012 at 02:21 PM.

You asked for constructive replies; I'll tell you right off the bat it will be hard to achieve that "Rambo" look as you put it if you neglect some of the largest muscles in your entire body. I don't know of a premade routine for arms and chest only, so maybe someone else can help you out. Best of luck with this.
    6'1"/203 (down 12 pounds since 5/2012)
    B: 410
    S: 480
    D: 575
    2-mile run: 13:23

Well, having that "rambo" look is going to be more about diet than anything else. So if you dont have that look now, you obviously don't have a clue on that either. I'll also say that gaining mass is much more than just eating enough protein.

Personally, I think you should forget about the rambo look because in all honesty, you wont achieve it.

But a good lay out for your chest or arms would be some heavy compound movement 5x5 followed by a lighter isolation for 3x10-12 or whatever.

Beyond that, good luck.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wrong attitude. If you're getting injured all the time doing legs, your first question should be "What am I doing to get myself injured all the time". Clearly something is off.

That said, with his physique in those movies I would bet he spent a significant amount of time doing a lot of bodyweight exercises- I'm almost inclined to look at a few gymnast's routines (Pull-ups, static holds, hanging flags, angled dips, windshield wipers) to develop that sort of look. There's almost certainly some direct arm work in there as well, but I wouldn't work those more than once a week after any sort of full body routine, since they'll be getting hit plenty.

Bear in mind, I'm thinking more about the early Rambo movies- he's certainly bulkier/larger in the latest movie.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Rambo had a pretty good back, too, ya know...

just sayin'

If your diet "is fine," and you want big arms and a big chest, then do a bunch of bench, curls and skull crushers...

Or look up old issues of Muscle & Fitness with "One-Month Arm Blast" or "Huge Chest in 30 days" on the cover.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcoleman View Post
    The first thing I will get ou the way is that, please don't give me any leg regime or any sort of regime that involves anything I don't request as I don't want you guys wasting your own time.I don't wish to do legs at all at the moment as I get injuries far to often.

ps: Please don't comment if your comment isn't an exercise regime for the parts asked. I don't care if some troll wishes to call me for being a curl jockey or looking "odd" for having a built upper body only. I don't wish to come across offensive or anything but I want constructive reples ONLY in the questions I asked.

I appreciate the feedback.
    You know whats offensive? Saying that you want to look like Rambo, while saying that you're too (insert nice, politically correct word here) to work your legs.

I'm sure you'll think these 'work your damn legs!' replies to be unconstructive... but they are not. If you need to hear that you are on the wrong forum.

Slightly more on-topic though... that look is achieved by not having any fat or water on your body whatsoever AND some decent musculature, and having skin as thick as onion-peel. Stallone got to that level, that utterly ridiculous/almost inhuman level ov bodyfat by means most ov us do not have, and will never have. Sick genetics, legendary work-ethic and drive, and having more money than God helps juuuuusst a little bit as well.

Good luck!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tmor6 View Post
    You asked for constructive replies; I'll tell you right off the bat it will be hard to achieve that "Rambo" look as you put it if you neglect some of the largest muscles in your entire body. I don't know of a premade routine for arms and chest only, so maybe someone else can help you out. Best of luck with this.
    Thanks for the reply? Not to be rude, but your reply didn't really help with my questions. I asked for constructive replies in regards to my questions.

Thankyou though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex.V View Post
    Wrong attitude. If you're getting injured all the time doing legs, your first question should be "What am I doing to get myself injured all the time". Clearly something is off.
    Thanks for the latter comment, this one isn't need though. Clearly something is off? Incorrect. I have dysfunctions in my leg, causing me to get injuries more often than "normal" people.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150 View Post
    Rambo had a pretty good back, too, ya know...

just sayin'

If your diet "is fine," and you want big arms and a big chest, then do a bunch of bench, curls and skull crushers...

Or look up old issues of Muscle & Fitness with "One-Month Arm Blast" or "Huge Chest in 30 days" on the cover.
    Thanks ! Will take a look at that!

Quote Originally Posted by RichMcGuire View Post
    Well, having that "rambo" look is going to be more about diet than anything else. So if you dont have that look now, you obviously don't have a clue on that either. I'll also say that gaining mass is much more than just eating enough protein.

Personally, I think you should forget about the rambo look because in all honesty, you wont achieve it.

But a good lay out for your chest or arms would be some heavy compound movement 5x5 followed by a lighter isolation for 3x10-12 or whatever.

Beyond that, good luck.
    My diet is fine. I have like, I said..a diet which is perfect for the look I'm aiming for. I have the exact amount of protein + carb, fats etc which for my size, will be perfect. I've studied nutrition so I know exactly how much of the "garbage" food I can in take, thus giving me more of an advantage when I say I can eat what I want. I mean in respect to how much of an intake of bad foods will and won't give me the deseried look. Following a strict regime of dieting doesn't work as everyone is different. This is the biggest mistake people make in training/dieting. They assume a role of "x-amount of this, that" and then moan when it doesn't work and this is purely based on our genes.

Anyway, like I say..I wasn't interested in these sort of comments as it is NOT the question I asked and then it leads to other questions/answers like mine..which is not what I wanted.

I wanted to know a EXERCISE regime not a DIETING regime/lecture. I believe my experience in dieting is probably quite a bit more extensive than yours, but again I will not go in to that.

Personally I think you should keep your thoughts on whether or not I achieve this "look" to yourself, as again it seems you have issues in understanding a simple question so I don't think you're in any position to have opinions on something I did not request.

What is your height, weight and body fat %?
    Best Gym Lifts:
    475 - 315 - 585

Best Meet Lifts (220 Raw)
    435 - 295 - 555 (1285)

Step 1 back pack around Oregon.
    Step 2, have sheriff push you, as said sheriff "why you pushing me?"
    Step 3, fight the entire state single handed, armed only with a big knife and head band.
    Step 4 repeat the process 3 more times with a big knife each time...
    FOREVER
    STRONGER
    THAN
    ALL

My diet is fine. I have like, I said..a diet which is perfect for the look I'm aiming for. I have the exact amount of protein + carb, fats etc which for my size, will be perfect. I've studied nutrition so I know exactly how much of the "garbage" food I can in take, thus giving me more of an advantage when I say I can eat what I want. I mean in respect to how much of an intake of bad foods will and won't give me the deseried look. Following a strict regime of dieting doesn't work as everyone is different. This is the biggest mistake people make in training/dieting. They assume a role of "x-amount of this, that" and then moan when it doesn't work and this is purely based on our genes.

Anyway, like I say..I wasn't interested in these sort of comments as it is NOT the question I asked and then it leads to other questions/answers like mine..which is not what I wanted."look" to yourself, as again it seems you have issues in understanding a simple question so I don't think you're in any position to have opinions on something I did not request.
    Yea, I'm sure you're an expert with nutrition. Could you tell me what constitutes a "bad" food then? And I didn't think I'd need to tell some idiot that "Following a strict regime of dieting doesn't work as everyone is different" would be required to get to a level of body fat required to achieve the rambo look.

You go on and bench/curl and maybe someday you'll wake up looking like rambo.. hahaha.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Thanks for the reply? Not to be rude, but your reply didn't really help with my questions. I asked for constructive replies in regards to my questions.

Thankyou though.

Thanks for the latter comment, this one isn't need though. Clearly something is off? Incorrect. I have dysfunctions in my leg, causing me to get injuries more often than "normal" people.

Thanks ! Will take a look at that!

Anyway, like I say..I wasn't interested in these sort of comments as it is NOT the question I asked and then it leads to other questions/answers like mine..which is not what I wanted.

I wanted to know a EXERCISE regime not a DIETING regime/lecture. I believe my experience in dieting is probably quite a bit more extensive than yours, but again I will not go in to that.

Personally I think you should keep your thoughts on whether or not I achieve this "look" to yourself, as again it seems you have issues in understanding a simple question so I don't think you're in any position to have opinions on something I did not request.
    I don't even have the words... Curl bro? Nope. That doesn't even cover it. Trolling curl douche? Maybe...
    36 yr old novice PL

Best lifts (non competition):
    Squat - 305
    Bench - 300
    Deathlift - 405

My Training Log -
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...s-Training-Log

Sorry, I was trying to figure out a nice way of saying, "You're a douchebag."
    6'1"/203 (down 12 pounds since 5/2012)
    B: 410
    S: 480
    D: 575
    2-mile run: 13:23

Hahaha!
    36 yr old novice PL

Best lifts (non competition):
    Squat - 305
    Bench - 300
    Deathlift - 405

My Training Log -
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...s-Training-Log

I almost feel sorry for the OP that he believes his only missing link to looking like rambo is this super-duper workout for his chest and arms.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DontTakeEmOff31 View Post
    What is your height, weight and body fat %?
    Is this just a curiosity question, or does this define some sort of weight lifting regime which targets specific weight/heights/bmi?

Quote Originally Posted by krazylarry View Post
    Step 1 back pack around Oregon.
    Step 2, have sheriff push you, as said sheriff "why you pushing me?"
    Step 3, fight the entire state single handed, armed only with a big knife and head band.
    Step 4 repeat the process 3 more times with a big knife each time...
    Wow..just wow.. that's all I can say.

I guess you're American.

Yea, I'm sure you're an expert with nutrition. Could you tell me what constitutes a "bad" food then? And I didn't think I'd need to tell some idiot that "Following a strict regime of dieting doesn't work as everyone is different" would be required to get to a level of body fat required to achieve the rambo look.

You go on and bench/curl and maybe someday you'll wake up looking like rambo.. hahaha.
    Yes I could. It depends on a persons weight/bmi which constitutes as a bad food or not, not the food/content. Would you mind defining an "idiot" ? One can only assume you feel undermined, this wasn't my intention and I think you need to refine from commenting as your humor is far from "laughs" let me assure you, young one.

Trying? You don't need to try. I won't beat you. You're hid behind a monitor and I certainly won't travel the world just to give you a good hiding. Say what you wish and feel good about yourself. If you're wishing to call someone a "douchbag" because it makes you feel complete and the "hardman" then just go ahead and do it! Most importantly though, feel safe.

"douchebag" though, such a manly word to use, I do feel some what threatened by your hostility now.

I almost feel sorry for the OP that he believes his only missing link to looking like rambo is this super-duper workout for his chest and arms.
    Why would you feel sorry for me? Purely based on your analysis and assumption of a chest & arm work out I'm looking for?

Sorry to break it to you sunshine, but I asked one particularly easy question and it seems the most basic of questions is far to difficult for you to comprehend so you just randomly give me advice on something that's totally irrelevant. I have a question for you though, why do you participate in a forum discussion if your advice/comment(s) are going to be completely irrelevant? Do you make a habit of this?

Next time, just tell me what the weather is there, or which car you drive. In fact, just tell me anything and I'll probably find that more interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
    Hahaha!
    ouch! Did he split your sides?
    Last edited by mrcoleman; 10-21-2012 at 07:36 AM.

Now I do believe you're a troll, given that the fact that you're asking "how do I look like Rambo?", while simultaneously claiming to know (and need no help with) diet, training (I know people missing entire limbs and those with congenital defects including OI who can still work their legs without injury), and pretty much everything else under the sun.

Stallone's body in those movies is essentially muscular and lean, nothing more nothing less. An expert such as yourself, particularly a shockingly rude and dismissive one, should know this. Don't expect to get any substantive advice from anybody with your sort of childish approach.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu

Banned
    Alex..please.

Firstly - I have better things to do than "troll" as you put it. Secondly, you obviously like the others are having a hard time reading and understanding my questions. It's like such a basic question, I'm astounded by the amount of idiotic comments. I never once said I wish to look like him, I'm asking a simple question which I will put out again..so you can read;

"achieving the rambo look" < < It's a simple question especially when I ask for specific body parts only. "arms and chest workout" That was all I was after and not one single comment has given me the answer, but instead a load of brainwashed crap about diets and training legs. EVen if any of that was true, that was NOT my question, christ.

Please refine from doubting my claims I know about dieting. You have no idea, what I know about. You have no right to dare question whether or not I know about dieting or not. As stated, I'm fully aware of which diet I need, so not asking for the advice on this. I'm just asking, which routines was used to by Sly during the rambo days, because I can't find them anywhere on the net. I looked on the net before posting here..

I'm fully aware of what his body is in those movies. That wasn't the question, once again..what is wrong with you people?

I'm not being rude, I'm finding it very frustrating everyone single reply in this thread has been just beyond stupid and the question I asked hasn't been answered. If noone knew, then they shouldn't be commenting.

My approach isn't chilidish, all I can say is that I'm astounded anyone gets through life normally if you can't seem to comprehend such a basic question.

My question was, let me paste and bold it so it might well sink in to someones head,

Arms & Chest

Can anyone give me the best routines just for exercises/building mass for these parts only

As you can see, the question is clear..now read everyones comments, it's just laughable to actually believe this is a forum which is supposed to offer advice for someone with a question yet everyone completely misses the question and reads some crap about "the right and only way" brainwashed rubbish that' spouted and it's the only possible way.

I wonder sometimes, if enough people said "arm curls are the way forward and best way for gaining mass" if everyone would just be a sheep and follow it, most likely from what I've seen they will..

Now, correct me if I'm wrong but that question is quite straight forward to me..but if you're having hard work actually understanding this, then please....just don't comment.

I'll try help, just in case anyone is struggling again...for example the routine would be as follows: Arm curls, 4sets of 10 reps etcetc..

I sometimes a wonder if the majority are that brainwashed or juiced up to the eye balls that you just seem to repeat what others say.

Please don't troll my thread with IRRELEVANT comments/statements or other crap or how you know best about something I have no desire to read about.

Either someone answer the question I have, or don't say anything because I'm not interested.
    Last edited by mrcoleman; 10-21-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Wow, you're quite a specimen. Through your attitude, you've managed to alienate every member of this board and receive precisely zero constructive feedback. You've poo-pooed multiple people's comments, including several professional coaches, an individual who is pursuing a PhD in physiology and nutrition, powerlifters, bodybuilders, you name it... all of different ages, backgrounds, and personalities.

Most people would take a moment of self-reflection and realize that their communication style was abrasive, ineffective, and entirely too egotistical, but you seem to be quite content to ask an absurdly silly question ("How do I get the Rambo look?" Really? You can't take a look at his physique and, with your clearly vast knowledge, figure it out for yourself?) and then act like a jerk. You see his physique, you know what the muscles are called. If, in all your years, you haven't figured out a good arms and chest routine, then you are shockingly dense. I would assume you're also finding out what cycles he ran, since his steroid use at the time was well known.

Quite frankly, your attitude is childish and irritating, and your blanket condescension towards individuals whose experience and knowledge quite possibly puts yours to shame is horrendously misplaced. I don't think a single individual here would disagree with me when I say you're quite free to go to hell.

Banned
    Now, if I've come across offensive to anyone, I do apologize but I find it frequently frustrating that I've asked what I thought was a straight forward question.

If anyone would please answer my question with a routine for arms and chest which is likely going to have the best impact on achieving the "rambo" look I'd be most grateful.

Get a sense ov humor. You're not going to survive long on the internet without one. I'm surprised you got this far.

Oh, and squats... deep squats is still the answer.

Now, as I stated in my previous post I have no desire in reading comments which have no relevance to my post.

Go away silly boy.

Alex is too nice to tell you this, but I'm not. Suck start a pistol dude. Seriously. Hopefully you've not contaminated the gene pool already.

Fuck, fight, or hold the light.

Yes I could. It depends on a persons weight/bmi which constitutes as a bad food or not, not the food/content.
    What? So you're not a believer in macro nutrient profiles? Instead someones weight magically dictates what a "bad" food is? Have you never heard of energy equilibrium? I think its obvious. You're full of shit.

Now, if I've come across offensive to anyone, I do apologize but I find it frequently frustrating that I've asked what I thought was a straight forward question.

If anyone would please answer my question with a routine for arms and chest which is likely going to have the best impact on achieving the "rambo" look I'd be most grateful.
    Like I said, there is no super-duper arm/chest workout thats going to make someone like you look like Rambo. His look was achieved with genetics, drugs, and strict dieting. You can bet your troll-ass he didnt go online to a forum and ask for a chest/arms workout for the movie. I think in all of your wisdom, you'd be able to know this or at least come up with something yourself since we frustrate you so much.

Banned
    OP is most definitely a total phaggot

this thread, of all threads, should be locked

100% troll. Anybody still doubting? Thought not.

It depends on a persons weight/bmi which constitutes as a bad food or not
    Wow. So a food can turn from good to bad once my BMI gets past a certain point? Incredible.