Thread: post-workout diet and MCT powder

bone crusher
    Hey all, I was wondering if anyone has used MCT (medium chain triglyceride) powder as part of a low carb diet. I was thinking to use this as a source of "fats" in my pre/post workout protein shake (25-30g protein, 5g creatine, 5-10g glutamine- my only supps!) as it is very messy and difficult to bring olive oil to work and the gym. I always follow this post workout shake with a medium sized good clean meal about 1-2 hours later.

Also, can this be used as part of a preworkout drink? I've read several articles which describe the ease of metabolizing these acids and I think they could provide a good energy source for workouts (for someone on a low carb diet).

I appreciate everyones help!

Miss know it all raised her eye brows on this one. I have never heard of MCT powders.
    Where can I read more.

For a low carb dieter, the MCT's work. Although I prefer Flax. I have read so much mixed messages about MCT that I just have tossed my hands up on this one. Powder, interesting send me more info if you can find it again.

You may want to try and post J. Parrillo, as he appears to be the king of MCT's and their benefits.

Of course, my thought is why not just toss a jar of peanut butter in your bag with your shake mixture, it sure does taste better.

I would not try and use any fats as part of a pre work out meal/drink. Fats can blunt the GH release that is released during a properly structure workout.

Keep the fats about 60- minutes prior to workouts.
    MissAbs
    Dieting is a Sport-Eat to Win!

www.MissAbs.com

bone crusher
    Miss abs thanks for the info! When i hear back from the company I'll post it. Looks like proteinfactory is the only supplier of the powder, but it is a common ingredient in weight gainer supps. I found a large company who supplies it but they do not deal direct. I will pass along any info!