The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Threaded View

Help Dispute My Grade For Personal Fitness On My Diet Analysis!

Hi everyone,
    I just got back my grade for analyzing my diet for my personal fitness class. I was given a 50% on it and the comments she left were saying that I was getting too much protein that I could be harming my body and things along those lines. The problem I have is that she had recommended diet % saying that we should get 10-15% of calories from protein, while the program that we used recommended that I get 10-35% of my calories from protein. It calculated that I had 28% of my calories from protein so according to the program and my goals of adding weight and gaining muscle, I thought this would be fine. I will post my analysis worksheet we filled out according to the program, along with her graded comments.

Also by her saying that I am not getting enough carbohydrates to fuel exercise doesn't really make sense to me based on percentage of my calories. If I am eating over maintenance at say 3500 calories and getting 40% of my calories from carbs that is 1400 carb calories. But for someone who is losing weight and eating 2000 calories a day, they would need to get 70% of their calories from carbs to get the same total amount to fuel exercise.

So basically, I know there are a lot smarter people here than me when it comes to this stuff. Is my professor right, or can I argue this because it actually took a lot of work and I thought I would do well on it.

She also attached this article: http://www.osaa.org/wrestling/owwmp/eat.pdf recommending I read it to learn about the subject.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Current Maxes: (May 2009)
    Bench: 275 | Squat: 355 | Clean: 240 | Deadlift: 455 | Body Weight-205lbs
    "When you know Squat about lifting, you know the important part."

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!