The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Powerlifting

Powerlifting

lol some dude posted this i think on elite aimed at a guy who transferred from PL to BB

There was time, before the age of the weak and cold, a time when titans walked the earth, and it shook with the weight of their footsteps, as well as their extra body hair. A time when the giants of the iron world used the terms ripped and cut only to describe their foes after battle. A time when shredded applied only to the food they had hunted down and killed. Thousands of generations of athletes have gone before you, struggling valiantly against gravity, pain, and injury, to give you the legacy of the powerlifter.

Which you have squandered.

Every curl, every fly, every leg extension, takes you further down that dark and slippery slope known as bodybuilding. Seek not to be a part of this world, for you, however desperate, can still be saved. Seek instead the world of big iron, worship at the altar of the power rack, and become anointed with the sacred chalk. No one is so far gone that he cannot step onto the platform.

This is the word of Kaz.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

lol
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

I'd prefer we spend more time finding the common ground and helping ALL of our fellow lifters, regardless of what they call themselves.

That's what the iron game is about.

It's about that nod to another guy waiting in line at the store, both carts full of meat and eggs and fresh veggies, the knowing nod that says, "how ya doin, bro", because he too, is a lifter.

Not a powerlifter, not a bodybuilder, not a strongman, not a pumper, but a lifter. Just like you.

Sure, his goals might be different - he might be getting ready to step on stage in a regional bodybuilding show, and you might be getting ready to step on the platform in a local PLing meet... he might use steroids, you might not. But you are brothers of iron.

Respect that.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

"It's about that nod to another guy waiting in line at the store, both carts full of meat and eggs and fresh veggies, the knowing nod that says, "how ya doin, bro", because he too, is a lifter."

i never ever see that **** around here. also i dont do my own shopping i make my mom buy all that stuff in bulk

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    I'd prefer we spend more time finding the common ground and helping ALL of our fellow lifters, regardless of what they call themselves.

That's what the iron game is about.

It's about that nod to another guy waiting in line at the store, both carts full of meat and eggs and fresh veggies, the knowing nod that says, "how ya doin, bro", because he too, is a lifter.

Not a powerlifter, not a bodybuilder, not a strongman, not a pumper, but a lifter. Just like you.

Sure, his goals might be different - he might be getting ready to step on stage in a regional bodybuilding show, and you might be getting ready to step on the platform in a local PLing meet... he might use steroids, you might not. But you are brothers of iron.

Respect that.
    touching man

Listen to the words of wisdom by Paul Stagg.
    Stats
    5'10,185-190lbs, 12-16%bf

Gaglione Strength Chris Rodgers's Avatar
    I liked it.

Pauly just said all that because he wears those funny baggy pants and a fanny pack to the gym while doing curls in the power rack for an hour.
    Best Meet Lifts(Raw w/wraps):
    @165- 435 SQ 270 BE 560 DL.....1255 total
    @181- 535 SQ 300 BE 570 DL.....1400 total
    Best Meet Lifts(Multi-ply):
    @148- 575 SQ 315 BE 515 DL.....1400 total
    @165- 680 SQ 380 BE 540 DL.....1555 total
    @181- 700 SQ 375 BE 535 DL.....1605 total
    Best Gym Lifts(Raw w/wraps)
    545 SQ 305 BE 585 DL

hahahahahahaahah