The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Seeign results from full Body Workout.

I previously posted my 3 days a week full body routine, and I had a couple of skeptics, mainly one. I just thought I'd post my results from my workout and xenadrine use. I was int he gym today, and I was working on flat bench, and waht used to be a max of 185lbs for 12 reps to start, has turned into 195lbs for 12reps, then 2nd set today 205 for 7reps, and then 200lbs for 5 reps. Also I was using 400lbs for my third set on leg press, and barely gettign ten before, and now I think will be starting my workout with about 12 reps of 400lbs. I just thought I would post these results for those skeptics of full body routines. Also I have lost 12lbs since I starting back in gym about a month ago.

Also included two pics from today.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig Member
    Attached Images Attached Images

the kid from oz
    how long have you been training for?

I think you can attribute your temporary progress to the burst of energy that Xenadrine gives you.

The fact you can do a total body workout and make it out okay tells me that you are relatively new to weigh training. I thought the same as you when I first began serious training earlier this year, but I am learning that as I progress and my workouts become more and more intense, I am learning that you will eventually need to split your workouts up a bit.

That is if you plan on working out intensely every time you go to the gym.

Member of the 1200 Club Johnny Vegas's Avatar
    The fact you can do a total body workout and make it out okay tells me that you are relatively new to weigh training. I thought the same as you when I first began serious training earlier this year, but I am learning that as I progress and my workouts become more and more intense, I am learning that you will eventually need to split your workouts up a bit.
    Tell that to Mike Mentzer.

dude, i never actually embarked on an advanced full body type routine ( i really should give it a try but i luv the split routine) but how can u say its a newbie thing? dude, think about how hard it would be to fully generate the needed intensity to complete one of these routines ( the intense, rightful way) All the old timers thrived on this ****

Wannabebig Member
    I just seriously started lifting about a month ago, never have really lifted much in my life until this last month or so, now I am getting serious and massively working myself till I feel life passing out, and I've cut out pop altogether from my diet to help cut before college. And thanks for comments.

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by tony touch
    dude, i never actually embarked on an advanced full body type routine ( i really should give it a try but i luv the split routine) but how can u say its a newbie thing? dude, think about how hard it would be to fully generate the needed intensity to complete one of these routines ( the intense, rightful way) All the old timers thrived on this ****
    Exactly. I dare you to try it.

Um, I believe steroids were probably involved in the cases you have mentioned, touch and JV both. It changes the whole story...
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Im going on the old school routine after my diet down myself. gonna be kickass.

Member of the 1200 Club Johnny Vegas's Avatar
    Of course Mentzer was a steroid user. That doesn't necessarily take away from the validity of a full body routine. People get the impression that when doing a full body workout you still do numerous exercises for each muscle group, as you would with a split. You don't do 3 exercises for chest and 3 for legs and 3 for back and assistance lifts. Instead you'd do one exercise per major muscle group. Here would be a valid example of a full body routine:

Bench 1x?
    Squats 1x?
    Deads 1x?
    Dips 1x?
    Side Lateral Raises 1x?
    Pullups 1x?
    Leg Press 1x?

And you're out. If you can't stay intense for that, I'm wagering you just don't want to.

restless- are you daring me?

actually to say that the results the old timers got from full body routines were a result or tainted by steroids is a fallacy. are you saying the abbreviated, HIT style workouts that dorian yates puts himself through are only successful b\c he was juiced to the gills?! no, tons and tons of nattys thrive on these type of workouts. just because someone was on juice, doesnt mean that their workout theories or layouts are invalid. i wont say that juice wasnt around back then, but we sure as hell have a NO IDEA what the cycles or amount of juice used was. all i can tell you is prob. during the period that full body routines were flourishing, Dbols were beginning to gain good popularity among bodybuilders. dudes didnt really have too much else and from the look of their photos, dbol didnt really look like it was taken in excess at all. the guys were very lean, low acne incidence, etc. not too much bloat

Gen_chat worst nightmare
    Originally posted by tony touch
    restless- are you daring me?

No, i was daring Badass...

LOL

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Anyone who does not think that the old-timers did not use "juice" back in the fifties is totally out of touch with Iron Game history. Nearly all the old-timers were on juice. Yes d-ball was around in the 40's It was invented as a way to give concentration camp victims quick weight gain. To say that using steroids does not invalidate one's theories is a fallacy. So we could benefit from doing Ronnie Coleman's routine then? Using steroids changes the training equation greatly. More strength, greater endurance, faster recovery...etc. Sure, some people on gear can give good advice...but they are very much in the minority. Look at the advice in magazines or even from this board (Lucian anyone?) and most of it is totally out of touch with what natural, genetically average people can do. That said, this board is one of the better if not the best boards for advice. Thanks Hulk.

Originally posted by The Badass
    I'm no newbie, and I make my best progress on full body workouts, but your entitled to your opinion.
    Bear <><

I have to agree w/ obadiah. I've used fullbody now twice a week for the last 5 months and have gotten great results. I think the fact that geo is so young allows him to train for the third day and not get overtrained. Youth does make a difference concerning recovery. Even then I'd replace one of those training days with just a plain old cardio day, every once in a while. Maybe once a month, or so. How many days of cardio are you doing geo?

DJ
    = 8-->{I>

Every time I take a break from the gym I do 2-4 weeks of full body to get my muscles up to speed then I split it up.

Newbies will see gains no matter what they do. Try doing sets of 50 I bet you'll see gains, do sets of 1 rep and you'll see gains. Starting from Zero its obvious that something has gotten better, but when your seasoned and you body is already at a 90 outta 100 those gains are harder to come by.

Banned
    you are one sexy piece of man

edit- be civil. Even if you DO know him.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 07-19-2002 at 07:39 PM.

Originally posted by jugheadkills
    Nice first post a$$hole tuttut

I take that back if you know him personally and are just giving him a hard time.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 07-19-2002 at 07:40 PM.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Since the other are a bit off topic, you look good GK, looks like you've seen some nice strength increases too. Keep up the hard work and intensity, it all pays off!
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

well as far as I know i'm the only one on the board that knows him, considering he's my brother. I guess I missed what jugheadkills said, but it's nice to have another keyboard badass on the board
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody