The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

lronMan's HST Journal

I have decided to start yet another journal here at WBB. This time it is different though. I have created a new username, lronMan, instead of my original MonStar. I am going to try and start over here at WBB.

I am going to force myself to stop the binges, and stick to my program and journal. I want to give HST (Hypertrophy Specific Training) and a CID (Cyclical Isocaloric Diet) a shot.

Not a bullsh!t shot. A serious run through for a good 6 months. See what I think of HST. If I go through one full cycle of HST with sh!tty results then Ill see where I stand at that point. I highly highly doubt that will happen though.

Again I hope that all of my supporters, and you guys know exactly who you are, to continue supporting me. It would be seriously appreciated. Wish me luck!

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Diet.
    • I am going to be doing a pretty basic diet actually that is kind of similar to what I have done in the past, a cyclical isocaloric diet (CID). It is basically an isocaloric diet, while simply incorporating refeeds. However I am not going to be doing 1-2 day refeeds like some of us on a CID are. I am going to be doing 2-3 hour refeeds, postworkout.

Ill end up eating low/non-fat foods that are high in carbs. This will last like I said 2-3 hours and then Ill switch back to eating isocalorically. But on HST I will be training every other day consecutively so I will be refeeding every other day, rather consistently. On my isocaloric days (non-training) however, Ill be eating roughly the following:

2000 - 2200 calories
      180 - 200g protein
      180 - 200g carbs
      60 - 80g fat

Like I said for the 2-3 hours postworkout while I refeed anything is fair game more or less. Basically anything that is low in fat and high in carbs. Things like low-fat ice-cream and Rold Gold pretzels are completely fine. Tasty, and delicious. On my refeed days (training) Ill be eating roughly the following:

3500 - 4000 calories
      180 - 200g protein
      650 - 700g carbs
      40 - 60g fat

These like I said are just estimates so they really shouldnt be taken TOO seriously. I dont think so at least.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-05-2002 at 11:56 AM.

HST Training.
    • As you all know I am currently going to be following HST, Hypertrophy Specific Training. In my version of HST, one cycle of HST is four microcycles. It is broken down into four microcycles, that each consist of 6 workouts, lasting 12 days each. In the first microcycle, all of the exercises will be performed with 15 reps. In the second microcycle, all of the exercises will performed with 10 reps, in the third, 5 reps, and finally in the fourth, reps may go as low as 2-3.

Each microcycle like I said is 6 training sessions, and lasts a total of 12 days long. So an entire HST cycle for me is 48 days total.

HST is all about gradual progression. Adding weight every single workout, and eventually that leading to increased strength and muscular development. Training to failure is NOT recommended nor necessary for this program to be effective. I will be training every other day. If for some odd reason I miss a workout Ill just make it up the next day. Everyday I am not training Ill end up doing some light cardio first thing in the morning.

Each workout in HST is a full-body workout. Each muscle group will be trained with 1-2 exercises, and just one working set per exercise. It is all based on rep maxes. A 5 rep max (5RM), 10 rep max (10RM), and 15 rep max (15RM) with specific exercises. Hopefully after my first full cycle of HST my RMs will have increased. Well have to see what happens though.

My fourth microcycle in each HST cycle is kind of confusing. This is where usually a person would perform negatives, however I dont have a spotter. So Ill just be gradually, very gradually, adding weight to my 5RM. Once I reach a weight where I cant get 2 full reps with good form then Ill just keep that weight for the remainder of the microcycle.

After my entire HST cycle there is a unique part of HST called strategic deconditioning. This is simply more or less a week OFF of training alltogether. There are a few reasons for this. (1) is to make the higher-reps (15) effective again when I start back up with my second HST cycle, and (2) to help the body recovery from the highly intense negatives.

The exercises that I will be performing each workout are:
    • Squats
    • Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts
    • Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises
    • Flat Barbell Presses
    • Wide-grip Underhand Chins
    • Flat Dumbbell Flyes
    • Underhand Supported Lever Rows
    • Wide-grip Barbell Upright Rows
    • Standing Barbell Curls
    • Lying Cambered-bar Extensions
    • Standing Barbell Reverse Curls
    • Machine Crunches

As I said before Ill be doing one set of each exercise. I know that everything I have said so far is probably very confusing - so you can check out the HST articles themselves by clicking here.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-08-2002 at 10:51 AM.

HST Rep Maxes.
    • Squats
      340 15RM
      365 10RM
      425 5RM

Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts
      145 15RM
      165 10RM
      185 5RM

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises
      300 15RM
      320 10RM
      340 5RM

Flat Barbell Presses
      195 15RM
      215 10RM
      255 5RM

Wide-grip Underhand Chins
      BW 15RM
      +20 10RM
      +55 5RM

Flat Dumbbell Flyes
      40 15RM
      60 10RM
      85 5RM

Underhand Supported Lever Rows
      170 15RM
      195 10RM
      220 5RM

Wide-grip Barbell Upright Rows
      100 15RM
      115 10RM
      145 5RM

Standing Barbell Curls
      85 15RM
      100 10RM
      120 5RM

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions
      110 15RM
      120 10RM
      140 5RM

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls
      70 15RM
      80 10RM
      90 5RM

Machine Crunches
      155 15RM
      165 10RM
      175 5RM

Hopefully by the end of my first HST cycle I will have exceeded many of these poundages. Theyre all accurate though.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-08-2002 at 10:51 AM.

... Sorry guys, Marcel, rookiebldr, had to repost my journal because I just decided to get Hulk to change MonStar to lronMan instead of creating a whole new username.

No problem here. I'll repost - good luck.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    No problem here. I'll repost - good luck.
    Okay rookiebldr. Thanks again man for your support. Its definitely appreciated bro. Hope you continue to check out my journal and feel free to post often like you always do.

Hey man you ever going to give HST a shot?
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-05-2002 at 09:47 AM.

Originally posted by lronMan

Hey man you ever going to give HST a shot?
    Of course! I can't let you and the other HST'ers have all the fun and all the gains.
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 07-05-2002 at 09:54 AM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Originally posted by rookiebldr
    Of course! I can't let you and the other HST'ers have all the fun and all the gains.
    Alright man Ill be looking forward to checking it out when you finally start. What are you planning on starting? Soon or nah? Lemme know man.

(view a description of my diet by clicking here, view a description of my training by clicking here, view my current HST rep maxes by clicking here, view my before picture by clicking here)

HST CYCLE 1 | MICROCYCLE 1 | DAY 1
    July 5, 2002

Cardio.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      (postworkout) 20 minutes treadmill, 3.5 MPH @ a 15% incline.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Comments.
      Feel so incredibly f*cking fat today its just completely ridiculous. I am seriously about to go insane. I mean I honestly cannot be dealing with this bullsh!t. I havnt weighed this much for a long, long time. Its just completely unbelievable that I could be so stupid and so ill-disciplined.

I was looking forward to my "Supertraining" book to come in the mail today but it still hasnt shown up. It was shipped out on Monday from Colorado. I thought it would be here at least by today or tomorrow. Not sure what the problem is.

Diet. Refeed Day.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup skim milk
      (360 calories, 50g protein, 33g carbs, 3g fat)

Meal 2: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 1 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk
      (290 calories, 23g protein, 37g carbs, 9g fat)

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech
      (420 calories, 44g protein, 55g carbs, 3g fat)

-------------------------Started Refeed------------------------

Meal 4: Vanilla Coke + Low-fat Milky Way
      (420 calories, 2g protein, 96g carbs, 5g fat)

Meal 5: Smart Ones pizza + 1 cup Ben & Jerry's ice-cream
      (740 calories, 26g protein, 133g carbs, 11g fat)

Meal 6: Smart Ones lasagna + 1 bag Ruffles Fat-Free chips
      (640 calories, 25g protein, 116g carbs, 10g fat)

Meal 7: Mountain Dew + 1 cup Ben & Jerry's ice-cream
      (620 calories, 8g protein, 141g carbs, 6g fat)

-------------------------Finished Refeed-----------------------

Meal 8: 2 cups skim milk
      (160 calories, 16g protein, 24g carbs, 1g fat)

Total Calories: 3650
      Total (g) Protein: 194g - 21%
      Total (g) Carbs: 635g - 68%
      Total (g) Fat: 48g - 11%

Good refeed tonight I think. Lasted around three hours I believe. If not it was really really close to three hours. Packed in a good amount of food without going overboard on my calories. This is what I need to get into a habit of doing.

Pain/Soreness.
      Not really sore today, just fat and stupid looking. I cant get over how fat I am! Just from 2-3 days of cheating I put on probably a good 5-8 lbs. of pure fat.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7 hours of sleep. Good amount I guess. Slept well didnt wake up at all. Really going to try and shoot for a bare minimum of 7 hours each night. Maybe more.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 400 IU vitamin E 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 1 Lipodryl 1x today
    • 250 mg. usnic acid 2x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 500 mg. ALA halfway through refeed
    • 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed

Currently in the middle of an usnic acid cycle. This will probably last the next few weeks maybe if that. Probably not much longer. Cant really tell how well the usnic acid is working because I continue to binge off of my diet like a fat piece of sh!t slob.

Training.
      Squats:

240 x 15

Nice set of squats today. Woah pretty f*cking hard to be honest and thats not a good thing because it is the first workout in my HST microcycle. Hammered my lower body and actually hit my lower back hard too. 15 reps was actually really really exausting. Out of breath afterwards. Good set.

Barbell Stiff-legged Deadlifts:

95 x 15

Nice set of SLDLs today. Really hit my hamstrings and my glutes pretty hard. Started off with a mixed grip and for some reason I felt it more in one hamstring than the other. This bothered me so I immediately switched to a double overhand grip. Like this more. Going to stick with this grip until I my grip gives out too soon.

Standing Smith-machine Calf Raises:

200 x 15

Nice set of standing calf raises today. Really hit my calves very very hard. Nice slow reps and good solid contractions. Pretty good lactic acid buildup I think. Pretty easy set though to be honest right on track with my weight on this exercise I think. Calves actually got a decent pump.

Flat Barbell Presses:

145 x 15

Good set of bench presses today. Nice slow slow reps much slower than I usually do my 15s. Nice hard reps really contracted my pecs very very hard. Good quick reps really hitting my pecs completely. Pretty good TUT with this exercise. Nice pump too considering that it was just one single set.

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

-100 x 15

Nice set of chins today!! Hit my lats very very hard. Arched my back completely and really squeezed my lats and midback 100%. Pulled my chest all the way up to the bar and kicked my elbows back as far as possible. Lats got some incredible contractions. Biceps were actually a little fatigued to be honest. Good lactic acid buildup in my lats and biceps.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

15 x 15

Good set of flyes today. Used the 15s haha what a joke a girl on the bench next to me was using the 30s for flyes. That was a shame. Oh well. Anyway squeezed my pecs hard with every single rep and stretched them out hard at the top bottom of every rep. Lactic acid buildup was pretty good.

Underhand Supported Lever Rows:

120 x 15

Good set of lever rows today. Actually again a tough set considering that it was just my first day in this microcycle. Probably just tough because I am really not used to the lactic acid buildup. Again with this set squeezed my lats extremely hard.

Wide-grip Barbell Upright Rows:

75 x 15

Nice set of upright rows today. Used about a shoulder-width grip I think or really close to it. Hit my delts and my traps hard with this movement. Traps had some good hard contractions and so did my delts. Nice pump from just this one set.

Standing Barbell Curls:

60 x 15

Good set of BB curls today. Somehow this set was extremely easy. I mean very very very easy. Almost like a total joke. Expected it to be a little bit harder for some reason. I am not really sure why I expected this. Anyway hit my biceps hard. No body English at all.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

85 x 15

Nice set of skulls today, really hammered my triceps completely. Nice slow reps and locked out hard at the top of every single rep. Good pump in my triceps I think. Really exausted my triceps well with just this one single set. My triceps were fried after this.

Standing Barbell Reverse Curls:

45 x 15

Hit my brachialis and brachioradialis completely with this exercise. Really hammered my biceps hard too. Biceps were already pretty tired this just beat them down completely. Good lactic acid buildup here. Forearms got a pretty good pump. Nice hard set.

Machine Crunches:

105 x 15

Good way to finish off my training today. Hit my abs hard with some really really good contractions. Abs got a good burn. Good focus on my abs during this set I think. Contracted my abs hard and really had an overall great set of crunches today. Bumping up to 115 lbs. on Sunday.

Training Length.
      Lasted 30 minutes today. Really really brief today. Pretty much zoomed through my workout to be honest. Didnt take a lot of rest periods between each exercise.

Water.
      Good amount today I think. I really really need to keep it up.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 213.5 lbs. I honestly pretty much amazed myself with how much I weighed today. Jesus Christ I cant get over this pathetic bullsh!t. Binging for 2-3 days like some big fat piece of sh!t moron. I cant be dealing with this crap. Its just sickening it really is.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-08-2002 at 11:08 AM.

Let's get this sh*t done IronMan!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    Let's get this sh*t done IronMan!
    Yeah man Ill definitely get it done dont worry man. Put up some before pics which will without a doubt serve as inspiration to stick to my diet and training program. Holy sh!t I do I feel, and as you can see in the pics, LOOK fat.

Keep supporting me man and hopefully Ill finish HST successfully.

Mystic Eric
    Ha! You liar! You didn't change your user name to start over new at WBB, you just wanted to start a new journal hoping no one would notice!

You better stick to this or else no more journals for you!

Originally posted by Mystic Eric
    Ha! You liar! You didn't change your user name to start over new at WBB, you just wanted to start a new journal hoping no one would notice!
    Haha not really man but its all good. I just wanted to start over ya know? Change my username to hopefully start over and just stick to HST and my diet and all that. Not f*ck it up etc. Dont want to be that stupid. Made that mistake time and time again. No more bullsh!t. As you can see by my pics I am fat as ever.

You better stick to this or else no more journals for you!
    Yeah I am telling you man I dont stick with this one its gonna be a big f*cking fight haha I am going to be so mad at myself.

Decided to put up some BEFORE pics. These are basically just fat slob pics taken today, July 5, 2002, right around 3:00 PM. Definitely looking forward to my progress right at the end of my HST cycle.

Please dont be too harsh!! I know I got fat.
    Don't really think they're that bad. Just a little bit of a belly. Really nice lats. Good shape to your arms too. Maybe I'll put up some 'before' pics too once I'm done bulking.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    Don't really think they're that bad. Just a little bit of a belly. Really nice lats. Good shape to your arms too. Maybe I'll put up some 'before' pics too once I'm done bulking.
    Hey thanks a lot for checking out my journal B&I. Yeah you should put up some before pics since were pretty close in size. I dont like to put my face on the internet but I dont see anything bad about a few body shots. I dont know.

Anyway yeah my stomach seems to fatten up extremely quickly when I go off my diet. Chest gets a little flabby too. I think that my lats are one of my worst bodyparts too which is crazy that you commented about them. Made me feel better.

How often do you think I should retake pics? After the entire HST cycle or halfway through?

Anyway yeah my stomach seems to fatten up extremely quickly when I go off my diet. Chest gets a little flabby too. I think that my lats are one of my worst bodyparts too which is crazy that you commented about them. Made me feel better.
    I'm glad my comments made you feel a little better. You look good man. Better than me, I think.

How often do you think I should retake pics? After the entire HST cycle or halfway through?
    I dunno. However often you want. Personally, I'd wait until the end of your HST cycle. But then, I hate having my picture taken--especially physique shots. I had a bunch of before ones taken at the end of September of last year, but never took any 'after' shots. I figure they're still useful as a record of where I was, and my progress--or lack thereof--in the past year, though.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesnít realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

I'm glad my comments made you feel a little better. You look good man. Better than me, I think.
    Thanks a lot man. I am sure that I dont look better than you though. Youre always sticking to your diet etc. I mean I binging every chance I get haha its a f*cking joke.

I dunno. However often you want. Personally, I'd wait until the end of your HST cycle. But then, I hate having my picture taken--especially physique shots. I had a bunch of before ones taken at the end of September of last year, but never took any 'after' shots. I figure they're still useful as a record of where I was, and my progress--or lack thereof--in the past year, though.
    Yeah I dont like physique shots when I feel fat. Thats basically why I took these today though. Because I havnt felt this fat in a long long time. This I personally think will be great great inspiration to stick to my diet and training program etc. I think that HST and the rest of my usnic acid will help me drop some extra bodyfat. I never saw your original pics I dont think. Are theye in your journal? Do you know what page? Yeah it will be interesting to see how you have progressed in a years time.

Yeah I dont like physique shots when I feel fat. Thats basically why I took these today though. Because I havnt felt this fat in a long long time. This I personally think will be great great inspiration to stick to my diet and training program etc. I think that HST and the rest of my usnic acid will help me drop some extra bodyfat. I never saw your original pics I dont think. Are theye in your journal? Do you know what page? Yeah it will be interesting to see how you have progressed in a years time.
    Yeah, you saw them. I remember cuz you posted a response. I only posted one pic. Looked like a complete asshole in it and not very impressive physique wise--plus my head looked like an ice-cube. Sadly, 've got a bunch more than are even more embarrassing. If I took some now, I think--at least I'd hope--there'd be a fair amount of progress visible. A guy at my gym yesterday said how he was amazed at my progress over the last year. How I'd been fat--I say I was just 'bulked up'--and that now I was 'coming up on Ted'(The biggest dude at my gym; I swear, to me, he looks like freakin' Arnold.) and that I now look like a bodybuilder. Another guy commented that I looked better than 99% of the people at my gym. That made me feel pretty damn good.

Yeah, you saw them. I remember cuz you posted a response. I only posted one pic. Looked like a complete asshole in it and not very impressive physique wise--plus my head looked like an ice-cube. Sadly, 've got a bunch more than are even more embarrassing. If I took some now, I think--at least I'd hope--there'd be a fair amount of progress visible. A guy at my gym yesterday said how he was amazed at my progress over the last year. How I'd been fat--I say I was just 'bulked up'--and that now I was 'coming up on Ted'(The biggest dude at my gym; I swear, to me, he looks like freakin' Arnold.) and that I now look like a bodybuilder. Another guy commented that I looked better than 99% of the people at my gym. That made me feel pretty damn good.
    Thats cool man. Compliments on your physique are great arent they?

Lately I really havnt gotten too many comments just because I have fattened up a little. I used to though. I get comments on my strength which is cool. I have had a guy come up to me after I squatted 400+ lbs. and say "wow you broke the world record for squats." Made me feel good.

Thats cool that you got guys in your gym that are pumped up like Arnold. My gym is full of twigs and fat guys. Haha a few guys are like my size but not any bigger than me. Few guys are pretty damn ripped though. Really makes them look a lot bigger.

In the past year I feel like my strength has completely like doubled I mean seriously on almost every single lift its almost incredible. I dont know what the hell happened to how it happened but I did really gain a lot of strength.

Thats cool that you got guys in your gym that are pumped up like Arnold. My gym is full of twigs and fat guys. Haha a few guys are like my size but not any bigger than me. Few guys are pretty damn ripped though. Really makes them look a lot bigger.
    Yeah, I actually told Ted to check this site out, cuz he's definitely got a unique perspective(I was talking to him yesterday and he was about to do back--FOR THREE HOURS!!! 80-90 sets total.) He claims he's natural and for reasons I won't go into here, I believe him. I think he's got unbelievable genetics, and he's what I dream of looking like. Perfect proportions, relatively lean, and he's huge. What's hilarious is he only weighs 215 and he's like 6'1''(He used to be 235 and at that weight a friend who's seen Flex Wheeler, and a bunch of other pros in person said he could've hung with them.) Seems like he'd be small, but he looks incredible.

It's weird. Another weird things is that I lift at a Bally's and there are quite a few hardcore bodybuilders there. One guy trained with Dennis James for a year. He's probably the biggest guy at my gym. 5'5'' and about 220lbs, at 8-9%bf. There's Ted. And a couple other quite big guys. No one that really all that strong, though. Like I said, weird.

Yeah, I actually told Ted to check this site out, cuz he's definitely got a unique perspective(I was talking to him yesterday and he was about to do back--FOR THREE HOURS!!! 80-90 sets total.) He claims he's natural and for reasons I won't go into here, I believe him. I think he's got unbelievable genetics, and he's what I dream of looking like. Perfect proportions, relatively lean, and he's huge. What's hilarious is he only weighs 215 and he's like 6'1''(He used to be 235 and at that weight a friend who's seen Flex Wheeler, and a bunch of other pros in person said he could've hung with them.) Seems like he'd be small, but he looks incredible.
    Yeah man that would be cool to get that huge guy Ted to post here at WBB. That would be crazy if he was natural. Huge guys who are natural (I mean truly natural) I give so much credit to. I mean its just amazing to see that someone could get so big and lean without resorting to the use of illegal anabolics.

You said that there are a few huge guys in your gym but none of them are real strong? Thats very strange to me. In my experience the bigger the guy - the bigger the weights.

I hope to get down to around 190-195 lbs. and extremely lean. Well see what happens though. Its amazing how much fat you can put on in just 2-3 days isnt it? I mean I have never anything like this.

It's weird. Another weird things is that I lift at a Bally's and there are quite a few hardcore bodybuilders there. One guy trained with Dennis James for a year. He's probably the biggest guy at my gym. 5'5'' and about 220lbs, at 8-9%bf. There's Ted. And a couple other quite big guys. No one that really all that strong, though. Like I said, weird.
    You lift at Bally's huh? I have been there a few times and really really like it. Little too expensive though. I go to the YMCA with my girlfriend for only $20 per month. Lots of equipment too. I am probably around 15-17% bodyfat right now. Dont you think?

I hope to get down to around 8-10%.

good to see your making some renewed effort, took a look at your pics and there is a quality set of foundations, with the diet and training you are following, i feel you could produce some fantastic results, you probably dont need me to tell you this but diet is the key.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Great back, Micky. And great shoulders too.

Good luck with HST.

I'm gonna get off my lazy ass and actually read the article behind it i think. It's about time.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]