The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Is it possible to lose one inch off the waistline a week?

I want to lose six inches off my waist and I wonder if I can lose one inch a week for six weeks? What things would I need to do?
    Lots of cardio? losts of weight lifting? very strict diet? if I follow these is it humanly possible to lose an inch a week?
    Last edited by danallshookup; 07-06-2002 at 04:41 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

The simple answer: No.

I suppose you could go on the crack diet.

IF it were possible you'd end up with loose skin any how.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Wannabebig Member
    Goin_Big thanks for your reply. You say that if you lose the fat too quick your skin can be lose? So It's better to go slow. If you go slow your skin won't be lose?
    Last edited by danallshookup; 07-06-2002 at 04:54 PM.

LMAO your skin will be loose. I lost over 40 pounds in about 3-4 months & I didnt have any loose skin. Everybody told me I lost the weight in a fast period of time. Now, I've heard of loose skin after liposuckion(spell??). I could be wrong, & y'all correct me if I am, but I dont really think you'll have to worry bout loose skin.

But I'm with goin big - NO. you would have to have a perfect diet & extremly lots of cardio. That would mean you would go from a 38" waist to a 32" (just an example of size) waist in just over a months time. Like my old science teacher used to say, "Anything's possible so I wont say it can't be done - but it's very unlikely"
    Last edited by Big J; 07-06-2002 at 05:45 PM.
    Southern Pride !

Big J if you were to lose fat as fast as he wants to, you would end up with lose skin. Yes, you lost weight fast, but not super fast. Also, the younger you are, the more elasticity you have in your skin, so you have less of a chance to get loose skin.

I'm not saying you'll get loose skin from fast fat loss, but at the rate he wants to, yes you would.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

why the rush? How long did it take to put all that weight on? Why does it need to come off in 6 weeks?

If you can't lose 6 inches in 6 weeks are you not going to bother trying?

All you can do is follow a sound diet and train regularly. If it happens then that's great. If you only lose 3 or 4 inches are you going to be disappointed? Quit worrying about 6 weeks from now and just start eating right and working hard. 6 weeks isn't very much time considering you have the rest of your life to help yourself look and feel better. Why not just start and see how things go?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Once you start seeing the inches fall off, you won't care if it's 4 or 6. Just watching the progress will keep you going. Lose it too fast and you may not like the results. Just my $0.02 worth from my experience.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

I have been going thru this same thing. At best I lost 3/4 per week for two weeks straight. Lots of cardio and about 1200 calories per day. Felt like crap. I can lose about 1/2 per week and still feel like a normal person. I know where you are coming from and it can be discouraging but time flies. Just keep at it.

Jerry

jds22, What do you weigh? Please tell me it's 90lbs, because unless you do, that's far too little calories, especially with lots of exercise.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

TryingToBeBig, sorry if I didn't clear things up in my post. I lost 3/4 while doing about 1200cals and felt like crap. So I upped my cals to about 1700-2000 and feel fine with about 1/2 inch per week loss. I am 5'10" and currently 159lbs and will be in a fat loss program until Sept 1. I then will start a building phase over the winter. Not to get mushy or anything, but thanks for the concern.

Jerry

You've got to consider that the heavier you are, the faster the weight will come off...for a while at least. If you're extremely overweight, you should see more results in the first several weeks, in terms of fat loss, than someone who is in better shape. I started out about 40lbs over weight and I lost 25lbs of that in probably about 8 weeks, but the rest of the fat is still there. It'll take time.