Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best exercises to blow up the arms?

Best exercises to blow up the arms?

Right now I do alternating seated curls, hammer curls, preacher curls, dips, and tricep extensions.

Anyone got any more to really work the hell out of the arms and make em big as hell?

BIG BOI
    squats and whole milk

concentration curls and tricep kickbacks Those will blow yer arms up all the way dude!
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

"Friends don't let friends do dumbbell kickbacks"
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

Originally posted by Chomsky
    "Friends don't let friends do dumbbell kickbacks"
    lol.
    where did you get this from. i think I read this on someone's signature

Banned
    I don't like single-arm dumbbell movements for mass.

Biceps: Barbell curls, close-grip chins
    Triceps: Close-grip bench, Overhead DB extensions (two arms, 1 db)

Firecracker Curls
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Big Calvin will squats make my di-ck bigger?? ... and oh will it make my head bigger cause its too small? and also .. will it make my eyes bigger??? joking apart some people may actually think that squatting alone will make you bigger ... although this is correct what I say to these people is does your current routine involves only squats? Think not so before suggestion the usual squats as a cure for everything think a little about it.....

BIG BOI
    yes squats do make your penis,head and eyes bigger it has been tested.

squats, squats the more u do the more u grow, the more u grow the more your arms get bigger.

see i mean if its in a song it has to be tru
    Last edited by big calvin; 07-04-2002 at 09:42 AM.

Originally posted by wannabebeigger

lol.
    where did you get this from. i think I read this on someone's signature
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Genetics are the primary determining factor, nothing else. In other words, no matter how you train, what exercises you do, you will not get big arms unless you have a genetic propensity for it. Now, anyone can increase the size of their arms, but to get "huge" arms is only something for the gifted.

As for exercises, they don't really matter in the sense that one is not intrinsically better than another. The key, as Paul always says, is progression. The lifter should pick the exercises which best suit him/her, not the exercises that best suit others. So, if you find that your biceps respond best to concentration curls, then as you progress in strength, so will your biceps progress in size. For example, one of my best friends has the best set of guns I have ever seen. His favorite biceps exercise is seated alternating dumbbell curls using very strict form. My favorite exercise is standing wide grip barbell curls. Two very different exercises, yet they work optimally for each of us respectively. This friend has huge triceps, yet he does not favor close grip benches or dips (the magazines would have you believe these are "necessary" for maximal triceps development), he likes pressdowns and kickbacks. His triceps smoke those of anyone on this site. Do you see the point?

One more thing, while squats are a great exercise, this friend does not squat at all and still has the greatest guns I have ever seen.
    Last edited by chris mason; 07-04-2002 at 12:12 PM.

SKULLCRUSHERS.......SKULLCRUSHERS....SKULLCRUSHERS

BARBELL CURLS.........BARBELL CURLS.........BARBELL CURLS.....

squats and deadlifts
    Quit reading this and go SQUAT!

Magic Link to answer any question

BIG BOI
    Originally posted by Dominator
    squats and deadlifts
    i didnt want to say deadlifts cause thats the underground secret on how to "blow up your arms"no one knows about. damn u! tuttut

lol

Mind Over Matter Monster Muscle's Avatar
    BB curls, skull C's and eat like no other!!!!
    Last edited by Monster Muscle; 07-04-2002 at 05:00 PM.

Originally posted by chris mason
    Genetics are the primary determining factor, nothing else. In other words, no matter how you train, what exercises you do, you will not get big arms unless you have a genetic propensity for it. Now, anyone can increase the size of their arms, but to get "huge" arms is only something for the gifted.

As for exercises, they don't really matter in the sense that one is not intrinsically better than another. The key, as Paul always says, is progression. The lifter should pick the exercises which best suit him/her, not the exercises that best suit others. So, if you find that your biceps respond best to concentration curls, then as you progress in strength, so will your biceps progress in size. For example, one of my best friends has the best set of guns I have ever seen. His favorite biceps exercise is seated alternating dumbbell curls using very strict form. My favorite exercise is standing wide grip barbell curls. Two very different exercises, yet they work optimally for each of us respectively. This friend has huge triceps, yet he does not favor close grip benches or dips (the magazines would have you believe these are "necessary" for maximal triceps development), he likes pressdowns and kickbacks. His triceps smoke those of anyone on this site. Do you see the point?

One more thing, while squats are a great exercise, this friend does not squat at all and still has the greatest guns I have ever seen.

Everyone mentioning specific exercises, please read this carefully.

Honestly, the way I look at it, it's all variations on either extension or flexion, so what's the difference between pushdowns and skullcrushers, other than personal preference? As long as you do arm flexion to stimulate biceps and extension to stimulate triceps, it all works.
    "Let's hope the ship has a captain, in other words, since we're not taking part in what's going on."
    -Noam Chomsky
    "It's like putting pearls on swine. You can dress up a pig... but it's still a pig... isn't it? oink oink oink..oink oink"
    -Henry Rollins
    Push the envelope... watch it bend..
    -Tool
    "In the valley of the shadow of death... I fear no one, because i am the baddest mother****er in the valley!"

I wannabebig!
    dammit chris.. so i'll never have huge arms? =\ that sucks to know haha..

bone crusher
    hyping a particular exercise seems to be a farvourite way to sell worthless magazines

Originally posted by big calvin

i didnt want to say deadlifts cause thats the underground secret on how to "blow up your arms"no one knows about. damn u! tuttut

lol
    Well I havenít released to info about Oodgay Orningsmay

Originally posted by chris mason

Thanks Chris for the post. Puts things into perspective. It's time to stop doing my alt. db curls.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

BIG BOI
    Originally posted by Dominator

Well I havenít released to info about Oodgay Orningsmay
    noooo!!!! people are learning the secret westside language! now they all know!!

LOL

Originally posted by big calvin

noooo!!!! people are learning the secret westside language! now they all know!!

LOL

* Is banished and punished by the Jedi counsel and stripped of the force for releasing to much information*

Doh !!!

Revenge Iíll start my own curl jockey cult !!! :evillaugh

Ah, ok I going to stop before we get into trouble.

BIG BOI
    lol!!!!!

I see exactly what you mean Chris. A guy at my gym has ridiculous arms and he never lifted a dumbbell greater than 40lbs. It simply genetics in his case.