The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Question on Skulls.

I did skull crushers for the first time today and experienced something odd (odd for me maybe not for most of you). It was my first time so i made sure to work extremely slow and made sure i was controlled with perfect form, well i obviously did something wrong. I kept the same exact position on both sides but i really only felt it working my left tricep and not only did it not work my right tricep i feel like it aggrivated some muscle (upper lat/reardelt area) which cut my skull set short, someone have some suggestions as to what went wrong?
    Last edited by davetha1; 07-08-2002 at 07:46 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I wannabebig!
    probably your left is lagging ... is your right arm dominant? I noticed that when I started doing them.. my right was pushing it up quicker and the left was lagging behind it a bit.. maybe ur problem.. maybe not just my .02

Depends on your form, what did it look like?

My guess on the shoulder thing would be that you were allowing that shoulder to rotate as the weight came down so that you were bringing it into the lift, which also might explain the right tricep not getting worked well because the shoulder was assisting it.

Also, if you were trying to force your elbows to stay in that can put unneeded pressure on the shoulders, as well as take away from the effectiveness of the lift.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Ya the more i've looked into it between now and my first post all i can think of was just an error in form somewhere, thought i had it down but hey we all make mistakes. Gonna look into it a bit more and see what i come up with, hopefully my next tri workout will be better.