Thread: Not another new guy

Wannabebig Member
    Gold Coast, Queensland (the sunshine state), Australia.

Not another new guy

Hi everyone, I've just registered (so yep another new guy). I have browsed the forums quite a few times over the past couple of weeks and did feel quite reluctant to join-in myself because of my lack of knowledge and ability to contribute. However, I have now decided to take the plunge and participate (even if it is limited to asking stupid beginner questions and making positive comments).
    I think these boards are an awesome source of motivation and education and the people who take the time and effort to contribute, are "tip-top" in my books. I know since browsing, I've realised how my nutrition and training intensity has been severely lacking/non-existent. I would say that I've worked out for a bit over a year, but not very intelligently and I now look forward to learning and making some gains. Anyhows, my name is Richard, pleased to meet you.

Welcome and nice to meet you as well.
    Just a tip...Use the search function whenever possible as just about any type question you can ask has probably already been touched upon.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

welcome aboard. you will soon realize that this board will become an important part of your quest for a better yourself.
    Seek knowledge and you shall find it here. Dont worry about how stupid is your question. I remeber myself asking once which has more protein , water or milk.

One word of caution, dont screw with ninja, they will get you.

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    yah, just use the search, that's what I did. This site is a big part of my knowledge-base now.

hey
    Our Journal!
    R.I.P Devie

Hiya

oi.

welcome to the board.

and to the rest of y'all assfaces that like to bite my style.....

neener neener neeeeener!
    A little learning is a dangerous thing...

Live Dangerously! Learn a Little!

Dude, did Doogie Howser just steal my fucking car?

yo

Wannabebig Member
    Welcome !!! This is the greatest site ever!! People are soo helpful and really want to see you succeed. I sugguest starting an on-line journal !!!
    "The universe will expand and collapse back on it self and it expand again and it will repeat this process forever. What you don't know is that when when the universe expands again everything will be as it is now, whatever mistakes you make this time around you will live through on your next pass, every mistake you make you will live again and agian forever, so my adivce to you is to get it right this time around because this time is all you have"
    Kevin Spacey- K-Pax

See how I am eating
    http://www.fitday.com/WebFit/PublicJournals.html?Owner=lmglaus

Wannabebig Member
    Great, some people replied. I want to say a big thanks to all you guys and gals (NateDogg, Wannabebeigger, Accipter, Kimpy, Reinier, Tryska, Cackerot69 and Img8) for saying hello and making me feel welcome. I will definitely make use the search function, I'm sure the stream of beginner questions must grow quite annoying for you lot. And also thanks for the encouragement to ask questions, I guess the only thing worse than asking a stupid question is not knowing the stupid answer.

BTW, this "One word of caution, dont screw with ninja, they will get you," sentence has gone right over my head. I'm guessing I will learn this in time?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    You could wait and learn the meaning in time...,or you could ask PowerManDL

the australia contingent is expanding!!
    'you cant avoid confrontation in life. it just makes things more trouble down the road. sometimes you have to look at the bull and say "f--k you bull" and grab that bull by the horns'

-Shane

Welcome, watch out for Eric and his gay hugs!!!
    Other than that you'll find the board plenty enjoyable.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

its basically pretty simple. you dont mess with a ninja, he doesn`t mess with you. but boy.... when you do.... hell chop your friggin head off right away. I heard about this ninja who was in this diner and somebody dropped a spoon and he just freaked out and guitars went wailing and stuff and he killed the whole town.

www.realultimatepower.net

Welcome to WBB
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Welcome to WBB, good to have you here!
    http://www.wannabebig.com/logo/alnlogo_black.gif

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Hypertrophy Cluster Training - HCT-12 - If you want big gains in size and strength, huge decreases in body fat, or both - check out HCT-12.

Can I have some lean muscle & strength please? My Training Journal

Bespoke Super Mod
    Welcome to the forums
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

welcome dude! feel free to write stupid things, i do that all the time

Wannabebig Member
    Haven't been on the forums for a couple days (went to Steve Irwin's Australia zoo, not bad it was). It's great to see some more friendly welcomes. Thanks for the ninja link too Reinier, that was a cack.
    Funny you know, the first time I went to the gym I was scared that all the big guys would "smash my face in" if I dared talk to them but in my experience they've all been heaps friendly and it's been the same sort of experience here.

Also, I was wondering can anyone tell me when do the wannabebig articles get updated (like the 3rd of every month or whatever)? And also, by signing up to the forums will I receive the newsletter automatically or do I need to additionally register for that? Many thanks in advance guys.