The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

didjital's journal

well i guess this is the perfect time to start a journal of my own. i am 19 years old, and have lifted on and off all through high school. now i am in college, and am getting serious into lifting again.

im currently ~160lbs, and 6'. all of my life i have had skinny legs, as you can see in this picture i took today. i just started my program yesterday.

if you will look at this picture, you can see the i have wide shoulders, which make my legs look even smaller, lol.

i will continue to update this so that you all can see my progress. this is very exciting for me!

Joseph

PS: i would also like to add that, from reading different sources, that my body type is a mesomorph. i can put on muscle easily when i dedicate myself, and stay at it. however, i have a very fast metabolism, so im learning to eat alot!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by didjital; 07-02-2002 at 05:54 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    I hear ya didj. I never gained weight till I started packin down food. You get used to it after a while. Friends tell me I eat like a horse now, and I don't even notice it.

Congrats!!!! on starting your new program! Keep this journal updated you will see it become a big help to your sucess GOODLUCK
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

good lad jo, its nice to see you putting a journal up, you have a decent starting frame, just keep the cals coming and lift, limit cardio and with your body type you should grow quite effectively. good luck!
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Looking good joe I always thought you where a hottie, even back in the day....you know what i mean Keep up the good work babe!
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

tell me about it, im at university in the uk and the cafeteria, to be polite sucks! there's no healthy options. the best source of protein are the pints of milk. i ended up using my loan to buy 30lbs of whey to help me through part of the year. but luckily im back home for the summer and my food sources are endless.

Nice pic, you must of had a sound program before now, cos your pretty well developed.

thanks. well i had a night job which included throwing boxes around, which helped me get a little toned. i think the tonage is there due to my metabolism, i just need the muscle.

welp, seems like on monday when i did chest, i happened to tear somethin in my left arm around my elbow. now its all swollen with blood. this has happened before on my right arm.

looks like ill be out of upper body workouts for a while. i guess thats what i get for doing too much too fast.
    God is in the details.

Slow and steady wins the race babe All good things come to those who wait

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

and good things come to those who wait.........cause she laid me
    and mom and dad posess the key.........instant slavery

man, get a tan and you will see a big difference in the mirror
    im curious to what you bench for reps/ what kind of workouts you are doing to injure yourself. This is journal forum, supposed to post your workouts (especially if you want help)
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

currently im looking for a new routine because i think my current one is not going to work. ie: legs twice a week....

my arm is already healing thank God.

anyways, this is what i did for the first week:

monday:
    3 x 10 incline bench
    3 x 10 flat bench

tuesday:
    4 x 10 leg press
    4 x 10 hamstring curls (one leg at a time)
    4 x 10 leg extensions (one leg at a time)
    3 x 20 seated calf raises

wednesday:
    3 x 10 lat pulldowns
    3 x 10 rows

thursday:
    off due to 4th of july

friday:
    4 x 10 squats
    4 x 10 leg extensions (one leg at a time)

obviosuly this kinda routine is not going to work...simply from looking at it. i also just started my program on monday, so im looking for a goof program to build mass.

PS: they way i messed up my arm was pushing myself way beyong failure over and over on the first day!
    its almost all healed now.
    Last edited by didjital; 07-06-2002 at 04:52 PM.
    God is in the details.

Originally posted by didjital
    monday:
    3 x 6,8,10 incline bench
    1 x as many as you can flat bench
    SS (super setted) with pec deck or cable crossovers for 12

tuesday:
    4 x 15, 10, 6, 6 leg press
    2-3 x 12 leg extensions (one leg at a time)

wednesday: Rest

thursday:
    3 x 10,12, 15 lat pulldowns ( close grip, medium grip, wide grip)
    3 x 10 rows ( tuck your elbows in and squeeze them shoulder blades together)

friday:
    Preacher dumbbell hammer curls 2-3x12
    super setted with standing 21's with the barbell bicep curl

Dip:1x10
    Cable Pressdown: 2x6

laterals: 2x12
    front raise: 2x8

Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Mystic Eric
    I gave you a program earlier!!!! You're one of those guys that doesn't listen eh?

LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Whats wrong with second opinions?

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

maki:

how does this superset thing work?

eric:

trying to get opinions from different people. also, i was told to pay attention to maki's words. sorry bro!
    God is in the details.

Mystic Eric
    Yes listen to maki. He trains me after all.

What you would do is,
    do one exercise and when you finish your last rep you would do the next exercise without rest right away.

You'll have to experiment at first to find your working weights.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Can I you?

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Mystic Eric
    You better get squatting bro

*Cough cough* Update!

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

ah well, today is supposed to be my chest day. however, i will not be going to the gym.

the reason being is because my left arm is still a little swollen with blood, but it doesnt hurt. i supposed ill have to wait for it to go down before i can do anything else. tuttut

what a way to start a program haha. *sigh*
    God is in the details.

Dont worry I still wanna you! Lets yoruself heal! It will pay off

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

ok i am a poor college student. the cafeteria here at school during the summer only serves chickfala, and sometimes cooks real food. here is basically what my diet consists of during the day:

~11:00am : wake up

12:00pm: chickfala chicken sandwich, 2 granola bars, poweraid

class

02:30pm: bottle of water

class

07:00pm: another chicken sandwich, poweraide, 2 granola bars

~08:00pm: can of tuna, bottled water/milk

~10:00pm: usually go to taco cabana and get a beef fajita meal.

im also supplementing protein and creatine.

riiiiiiiight, so i just gotta get through this summer, and in the fall the cafeteria will serve real food!

basically, whenever i get hungry, i eat tuna or a peanutbutter sandwich on whole weat bread. i know that i am not eating as much as i should be, due to the selection of food, and the hours in which the cafeteria is open during the summer. what to do, what to do......

God is in the details.

its a tough question, the most important aspect is calories make sure you are getting enough of these, otherwise protein consumed will have little effect on your size.

you could do with some food in between 12pm and 7pm thats a long time without supplies, make up some kind of meal replacement if you don't have time, consisting of milk, banana, peanut butter etc... diet is probably 70% linked to success IMO, since ive got back from uni ive been able to plan my nutrition and now im starting to grow, alright im not that big yet, but im definately improving.