Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 8 weeks (56 days) to 6-8% bodyfat

Hybrid View

8 weeks (56 days) to 6-8% bodyfat

Well its time to get serious. I'm at that age where all my friends wanna do is party and eat like crap and my diet has been solid during the weekdays but for the last few weekends its been cracking a bit. I weigh 170-175lbs currently. I'll get a more accurate reading at the end of the week when this water weight goes down. I still estimate I'm at 13-14% bf so its time for me to get serious and lean up this summer. I can see 4 abs when I flex all times of the day, and very clearly in the mornings. Goal is to get a darn 6-pack, so I'm shooting for sub 8% or 9%.

I haven't done a journal in a while but I'm going to start this one for these 8 weeks to help keep my motivation up. I'm gonna have to report here almost everyday whether I'm doing well or poorly at my diet. You guys are welcome to post comments or questions whenever.

I'm going to weight train 3x / week, and do cardio 3-4x / week. I'll have 0 or 1 off day / week depending on my work schedule.

Diet wise I'm gonna be eating 6-7 meals / day with calories currently at 1900 / day on training/cardio days, 1800 calories on off days, and 2900 calories on saturdays as a refeed day (not a cheat day). Between training days and cardio days I'll be cycling the carbs.

Here is approximately what the breakdowns will look like:

Training Days
    Calories = 1900
    Carbs = 190g = 40%
    Protein = 190g = 40%
    Fats = 42g = 20%

Cardio Days
    Calories = 1900
    Carbs = 95g = 20%
    Protein = 214g = 45%
    Fats = 74g = 35%

Off Days
    Calories = 1800
    Carbs = 90g = 20%
    Protein = 202g = 45%
    Fats = 70g = 35%

Refeed Days
    Calories = 2900 (BMR of ~1925x1.5)
    Carbs = 399g = 55%
    Protein = 239g = 33%
    Fats = 39g = 12%

These breakdowns may change as I progress and continue getting leaner. I'll post when they do so.

Training wise, I'm gonna be following the WWB routine #2. I've never tried a split quite like that before, so I thought I'd give it a go.

For cardio it'll be 30min on either the treadmill, or Cross Trainer, and once a week perhaps 20min of HIIT on the treadmill. I gotta watch my knees though. I get slight discomfort in my left one if I over-use it when jogging or working the legs.
    I'm also thinking of doing some swimming. I'm not the best swimmer which makes that exercise quite the aerobic activity for me. Two lengths of the pool and I'm usually huffing and puffing. So I'm considering giving it a try once a week for now. Maybe swim for 15 min, then go do some cardio for another 15. We'll have to see.

I should also mention now that I have two planned trips to wonderland this summer, so those two days will be the only cheat days I'm allowing for myself. The rest of the days will be up to par with my goals. At worst once in a while I may have a 12" chicken sub from subway (no cheese or mayo) during my refeed day but as of right now, I'm gonna keep everything clean.

I'm very optimistic of my goals and look forward to the next 8 weeks. I wish myself good luck. But I know luck has nothing to do with it.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Bespoke Super Mod
    Good luck Andy. Looking forward to hearing your progress
    "A + B + C = Success if, A = Hard Work, B = Hard Play, C = Keeping your mouth shut" -Albert
    Einstein

I've always gone to the gym with the conviction that I'll be the hardest working mother****er in the joint. Make that your credo, and hope we don't lift at the same place.
    -- Adam Fahy

"Fran is a double-hard bastard"- Clint Brewer 31/12/02

Good to see you training man.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Day 1 of 56
    Sunday, July 7th

Good start to the new dieting phase. Started the day off with some morning cardio after a small breakfast consisting of cottage cheese, protein whey, and 5g glutamine. Decided to do a fast paced walk on the treadmill for 30 minutes, followed by 5 sets of Ab work.

My diet was solid and the final tally was this:
    Calories = 1899
    Carbs = 101g = 21%
    Protein = 214g = 45%
    Fat = 69g = 33%

I haven't discussed yet what my supps are like for this diet phase. Here is what I'll be taking in:
    4 - Xenadrine (ephedrine version) / day
    3 - 1g Vitamin C / day
    1 - 1000 IU Vitamin E / day
    1 - multi-vitamin / day
    1 - 650mg Calcium / day
    1 - Myoplex (post-workout)
    5g - Glutamine (pre-cardio)

All ready for Day 2.

Nice plan dude.

I'm 180 ish right now with water weight out. Bodyfat about the same as you. 4 pack ish.

I'll be checking out your journal...you can check mine out too if you want.

I'll race ya to 6-8%.

Later.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Day 2 of 56
    Monday, July 8th

Today was Day 1 of the new WBB routine #2. This was my first time combining chest and back together and holy god that was intense. I had to lie down on my couch as soon as I got home from the gym for 30 minutes to avoid barfing. When I went to the washroom to get some pepto, that was the worst. Washroom brings back the nostalgic feeling and I definately thought I was gonna gag, but I hurried on out of there.

It just shows the intensity this routine demands right from the get go. I've thrown up only after squats and deads before, but this workout had neither. I'm impressed.

Diet was solid. I'll post what I ate today to give you guys a sample:

Meal 1: 10:00: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (167,29,6,3)
    1 scp Protein Powder (58,2,10,1)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 1% (100,7,15,1)

Calories = 325
    Carbs = 38g
    Protein = 31g
    Fat = 5g

Workout (Chest+Back): 11:50-12:40

Meal 2: (post-workout): 1:00: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)

Calories = 400
    Carbs = 54g
    Protein = 42g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 3: 3:30: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (167,29,6,3)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 1% (100,7,15,1)

Calories = 325
    Carbs = 38g
    Protein = 31g
    Fat = 5g

Meal 4: 6:30: 4oz Salmon (207,0,29,9)
    1/2 cup Brown Rice (110,24,3,1)

Calories = 317
    Carbs = 24g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 10g

Meal 5: 9:15: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (167,29,6,3)
    6 tbsp Egg Whites (47,1,10,0)

Calories = 272
    Carbs = 32g
    Protein = 26g
    Fat = 4g

Meal 6: 11:45: 100g Turkey (135,0,30,1)
    2 tsp Udo's Oil (135,0,0,15)

Calories = 270
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat = 16g

Today's Totals

Calories = 1909
    Carbs = 186g = 39%
    Protein = 192g = 40%
    Fat = 42g = 20%

-----------------------

My target for the day was:

Calories = 1900
    Carbs = 190g = 40%
    Protein = 190g = 40%
    Fats = 42g = 20%

So I ended up coming pretty darn close. As you can see I count my food pretty precisely. My system is I allow myself a 20 calorie swing in either direction of my caloric goal for the day. For example, if I'm shooting for 1900 calories, I'll allow my calories to fall between 1880-1920. A 40 swing.
    My entire days meals are planned and prepared for the most part, 1 day in advance. I'll post a cardio days meal plan and my Saturday Refeed meal plan later in the week.

Bring on Day 3.

Day 3 of 56
    Tuesday, July 9th

Started the day off with 30 min (medium intensity) cardio on the cross trainer, following a light protein breakfast of eggs whites, whey and glutamine.

The entire day was solid except when I was at work I put a xenadrine capsule in a tupperware container with my 5oz. salmon, and a few hours later when I went to eat it, the salmon oil had melted the tablet making it un-swalloble.

So other than missing one xenadrine out of four, the day was fantastic. Here is a sample of what I ate today and the rest of my cardio days will look something of the same:

Meal 1: 9:15: 2 scp Whey Protein (115,4,20,2)
    9 Tbsp Egg Whites (70,1,15,0)
    5g Glutamine (20,0,5,0)

Calories = 205
    Carbs = 5g
    Protein = 40g
    Fat = 2g

Cardio (30 min x-trainer): 10:35-11:05

Meal 2 (post-cardio): 11:45: 2/3 cup Dry Oats(55g) (209,37,8,4)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 2% (107,6,15,2.5)
    10g Peanut Butter (64,2,4,5)

Calories = 438
    Carbs = 47g
    Protein = 37g
    Fat = 12.5g

Meal 3: 3:30: 5oz Salmon (258,0,36,12)
    100g Broccoli (28,5,3,0)

Calories = 286
    Carbs = 5g
    Protein = 39g
    Fat = 12g

Meal 4: 6:15: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (167,29,6,3)

Calories = 396
    Carbs = 39g
    Protein = 35g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 5: 9:00: 1 can Tuna (135,0,30,1)

Calories = 270
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 30g
    Fat = 16g

Meal 6: 11:30: 125g Turkey (169,0,37,2)

Calories = 304
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 37g
    Fat = 17g

Today's Totals

Calories = 1899
    Carbs = 96g = 20%
    Protein = 218g = 46%
    Fat = 71g = 34%

-----------------------------

My target for the day was:

Cals = 1900
    Carbs = 95g = 20%
    Protein = 214g = 45%
    Fats = 74g = 35%

Wow 1 calorie off my caloric goal, and between 1-4g off on each of my macros. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Time for day 4.

Nice journal Avatar! Very detailed bro, keep up the hard work.

Day 4 of 56
    Wednesday, July 10th

Today was my first leg workout with the new WBB 2 routine. 20 rep squats, 20 rep leg press, 15 rep leg extensions. Talk about intensity. I loved it. Following my workout I hadn't seen my quads that blown up in over 8 months. Next week will even be more intense as I can adjust the weights better.

Diet was spot on. The final day's totals were:

Calories = 1909
    Carbs = 186g = 39%
    Protein = 192g = 40%
    Fat = 42g = 20%

I ate identical to what I ate on monday.

Some exciting news for myself. I've finally made the decision to get back into baseball. Back when I was 15, I had to quit the game due to elbow soreness which occured from being over-used as a pitcher. The last season I played competitive ball I batted .542, had an on base avg of .700, and lead my team in singles, doubles, RBIs, walks and in 200 innings made only 4 errors as a 1st baseman. I was scouted by two major league teams and was on the Atlanta Braves top 10 prospect list in Ontario.

Zooming 4 years forward, I was out at the beach with a buddy last week and we decided to play catch. The first time I had thrown the ball in a few years. My arm felt like a million bucks and on one toss I cracked his glove hand thumb so we had to stop.
    But I realized all the weight training over the last 4 years and rest from baseball has made my arm stronger than ever. I'm twice the athlete I used to be as well.

I've decided to play on a team again next year. What I want to get out of this is a scholarship to play in the States and take it from there. If it doesn't work out then I'll just become a police officer like originally planned. If it does workout I'll get a free education and either come back to ontario and still become an officer or go onto play pro ball.

I'm 19 now so I'm a few years behind but certainly not too old to go to college/university. Also when I get down to university, I'll be a few years older than the juniors, and will make me look even better infront of scouts.

So I'm planning now to prepare myself now for next year.
    The two most important things to scouts are speed and arm strength so those two I'm gonna start focusing on now. I was never a sprinter in the past but have always been above average. I haven't sprinted in over 3 years so I think all this extra muscle I have on my legs will certainly help that. I've always made sure I've maintained my flexibility which I think is important for speed.

So there is lots on the agenda for me.

1. I'm going to start practicing the 40 yard dash once I get a good pair of running shoes. I'm still not quite in the know-how with sprinting. I may get a sprinting coach for a bit and/or do as much research on the net and reading as possible. I would like to do plyo work but would need to find a training routine for that.

2. I'm going to start swinging the bat off a tee every single day, even in the winter. My batting is whats gonna get me noticed more than anything so I gotta get it back up to par after missing some years.

3. An ex-Braves scout is going to coach me batting once a week in a live cage this summer. He's one of the most knowledgeable hitting coachs in ontario.

4. I'm going to throw once a week and gradually work into some distance. As a 1st basemen to get scouted, I need to be able to throw from the infield corner behind 1st base (where grass meets sand) all the way to 3rd base in a hard straight line. When I attended a blue jays camp 4 years ago, my arm couldn't hold up for this exercise. But I'm bigger and stronger now.

5. I'm booking an appointment to see my old physiotherapist. She was the best in the area. I'm going to go over everything you see here with her and have her check me out. She'll give me advice on how to keep my arm strong and ready. I'll also have her check my knee out and see what she thinks. It hasn't been sore lately but sometimes it gets achy from running, normally from jogging long distances so I don't do that much anymore.

6. I'm going to attend a local indoor ball camp all winter to practice batting, and throwing weekly.

7. Diet wise I'm going to continue cutting up this summer like planned. This september when I'm at 6-8% bf I'll start a very very slow bulk. I think I'll shoot for 2lb gain / month.

8. Training over the fall and winter I'm not sure yet what i'm going to do for a routine. I don't believe a normal bodybuilding routine will be optimal for my goals now. I do however need to continue building size, but also gotta build up endurance and speed. If anyone has experience in building routines of this nature for sports athletes, please pitch in.

Try-outs for the team I want to play for begin january of next year (2003). The last few years of bodybuilding has taught me to be dedicated towards my goals. I'm very confident and optimistic I can achieve this, and I'm gonna work my ass off harder than anyone else out there to do so.

If you have any comments or suggestions, don't hesitate.

I'm ready for day 5!

Day 5 of 56
    Thursday, July 11th

Wow two days after working legs and I'm still feeling it all over down there.
    Yesterday was a scheduled cardio day. For the first time in 8 months I decided to swim. I'm not the best swimmer but decided I'd like to start doing it weekly and eventually work up to achieving my Bronze Cross/Medallion. Working at a Y gives me free swimming lessons if I want so I just may take advantage of them sometime. I ended up swimming for 25 min while taking about 1-2 min breaks in between laps. The only mistake I made was not wear goggles and after I got out the whites of my eyes were completely red. They bothered me most of the day, so I'm going to purchase a pair before swimming next week.

Diet was solid again. The final day's totals looked like this:

Calories = 1894
    Carbs = 97g = 20%
    Protein = 217g = 46%
    Fat = 69g = 33%

Bought myself a pair of Saucony running shoes last night as well. Gonna try them out on the treadmill later today or wait till I do some sprinting practice on sunday down at the school track.

Looking forward to day 6.

Great journal, Andrew.

Good luck man!
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Are you going to post your workout sessions at some point?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Thanks for the support guys. I appreciate it.

Pete, I was shying away from posting my workouts cause on a cutting diet my lifts aren't the most motivating factor to me. The reason - gradual loss of strength of course. I've been dieting so long off and on this year that I've lost a fair amount of strength and lbm. I'm just going to make myself stick these 8 weeks out, lean up nicely, and in September when I hit up a strength, speed and size routine, my strength and size gains will then turn into the motivating factor instead of diet and body fat appearance. Then I'll certainly be putting each workouts numbers up.

With that said, I'll still consider posting some workouts once in a while if I feel it'll help me continue to strive towards my goals.

If you want an idea of what I was lifting back at the start of the year, at a weight of ~180, my 3 big lifts were:

Bench = 225x3
    Squats = 265x5 (knee problems dropped this quite a bit since)
    Deadlift = 365x5

With the WBB2 routine the only exercise I now do out of those 3 are Squats and they are 20 reppers so I'm not too sure where I'm at now. I'll know more in the fall.

It was just more of a measure of progress. Whether you are relatively strong or not isn't as important as long as you are progressing. Generally, listing the weight you lift can help build a good picture of the overall effect of all the other things that could effect your training.

I know a lot of people just check journals to see what everyone else can bench or squat but that wasn't why I asked. Other than a bit of friendly competition, or to identify problem areas, other people's lifts have very little relevance to me.

In any event keep it up.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Day 6 of 56
    Friday, July 12th

Nothing new today. Everything went to plan. I did some morning cardio - 30 min fast-paced walk on the treadmill with a lil bit of jogging disperced throughout. I had to try out the new Sauconys and they were fabulous.

Diet was on the mark too as I used the exact same meal plan as Thursdays:

Calories = 1894
    Carbs = 97g = 20%
    Protein = 217g = 46%
    Fat = 69g = 33%

Tomorrow (day 7) is my scheduled refeed day, and I'm looking forward to it.

Originally posted by Avatar
    Calories = 1894
    Carbs = 97g = 20%
    Protein = 217g = 46%
    Fat = 69g = 33%
    Thats pretty much what I have been taking in the past day or 2. I am doing a carb cycling diet now that I feel will work extremely well. Its more or less 2 days of under ~100g carbs, then a day of 600-700g carbs, then a day of 300g carbs.

Day 7 of 56
    Saturday, July 13th

Today was a scheduled refeed and boy did I ever enjoy it. I took my BMR of ~1925 x 1.5, rounded it up and came up with a calorie target of 2900 today.

For those of you who don't know the purpose of the refeed day yet, it is to refill glycogen stores, raise leptin levels, and is darn good for a mental boost, however I'm not at the stage where I need this day for sanity reasons. My motivation is still top-knotch.
    The idea of the refeed day is to eat high carbs, moderate protein and as low as you can go on fats.

Here is what I ate today:

Meal 1: 10:45: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)
    1/2 cup Cottage Cheese 1% (99,7,15,1)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 2 (pre-workout): 1:15: 30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)
    2 scp Protein Powder (115,4,20,2)

Calories = 235
    Carbs = 34g
    Protein = 20g
    Fat = 2g

Workout: 1:38-2:24

Meal 3 (post-workout): 2:45: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    75g Banana (69,18,1,0)
    40g Dextrose (160,40,0,0)

Calories = 509
    Carbs = 82g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 4: 4:00: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 5: 6:15: 100g dry Whole-wheat Pasta (375,75,13,6)
    3oz(86g) Chicken (161,0,29,4)

Calories = 536
    Carbs = 75g
    Protein = 41g
    Fat = 10g

Meal 6: 9:00: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 7: 11:30: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Today's Totals

Calories = 2908
    Carbs = 399g = 55%
    Protein = 240g = 33%
    Fat = 40g = 12%

My target calories and macros for today were:

Calories = 2900 (BMR of ~1925x1.5)
    Carbs = 399g = 55%
    Protein = 239g = 33%
    Fats = 39g = 12%

Another very accurate eating day. Was 8 calories off, both protein and fats were 1g off, and carbs were dead on the gram.

I find this meal plan to be one of the best I've ever designed for myself.
    I may use something similar when bulking. I'd only have to up the fat a bit and get it to 20%. I already know how I'd do that.

Four of the meals are based around oatmeal, whey, and cottage cheese. The post-workout shake gives me dextrose, fructose, maltodextrin, and lots of whey. That shake was mmm mmm good. The pre-workout meal is excellent for giving me a burst of energy through the workout. The pasta and chicken was good as I hadn't had either in months.

For training I hit Shoulders, Tri's, Bi's, and Abs. First day for this workout as well in the new routine. I lowered weights a bit and worked on slow solid form, and got a pretty good pump by the end. I thought my left forearm vein was gonna pop on the Incline Curls near the end. Workout was intense as usual. I'll try to up the weight a bit next week.

Saturday was a very good day. My next refeed day is scheduled for this coming Friday, because I have to work all day next Saturday.

Its currently Sunday morning, and I'm off to shower and hit the track for some sprinting heats. The report will be up tomorrow.

Have a nice day.

Day 8 of 56
    Sunday, July 14th

Well today started out like a normal sunday. I decided to hit the track for some windsprints and to get used to fast-paced running again, as its now a goal of mine to work towards lowering my 40 yard dash. I ran once around the track to warm up, and did about 8 100m windsprints at 60-80% RM. Next week I may time my 40 yard dash to see where I'm at and give me a figure to work on. I estimate its between 5sec-5.5sec. My goal is to get it down to between 4.7sec-4.8sec. I'll have to see whereabouts exactly I'm currently at next sunday.

The rest of the day was like planned except up until 10:30pm. A buddy of mine calls and asked me to go clubbin. I thought to myself ohhh no here we go again. But then I also thought..I am single now once again so it could be a fun experience. So at 11:15, me and 4 other guys hit up this little but fun night club where most of the university students hang out in town. Was a wild time. They have a dance floor of about 50 people and I grinded heavy with about half a dozen hot chicks there. I hate to say it, but it was almost too easy. I had my hands up this fine chick's blouse (no bra) for a good 5 minutes. It was a total blast. By the end of the night my buddies were calling me a tricycle..lol..

Your probably now wondering what this has to do with my diet. Well here is the kicker. In that whole night, I did not drink. When we first got there I bought all my buddies and myself a beer. But I wasn't planning on finishing it. I took two sips and when I set it down to play a game of pool, it disappeared.

So all in all an excellent and fun day. The morning track session was good, diet was perfect as usual, dance all night, grinded all night with hot chicks, and all this with no deviation from my diet whatsoever. Wait till next time I go clubbin and do drink some. That will be an even better time.

Day 9 of 56
    Monday, July 15th

An x-girlfriend phoned me at 10am yesterday morning for a reason I don't even know. Pissed me off since I didn't get to bed until 4am the night before. After getting my sorry arse out of bed I went and hit chest and back. Hammered them both pretty good. Diet was good as well. I was shooting for 1900cals, 190c,190p,42f. I ended up with:

Calories = 1903
    Carbs = 186g = 39%
    Protein = 195g = 41%
    Fat = 42g = 20%

Pretty accurate. Nothing else really happened out of the ordinary (no unexpected late night clubbing).

Tomorrow is another day closer to ripness.

Day 10 of 56
    Tuesday, July 16th

Went swimming again today. Tried my new goggle out. Damn things blocked my nasal passages and instead of me blowing water out my nose, they made water go in. So I wasn't able to do too well at swimming. But I still managed to do some treading, doggy paddling, sprinting, etc. in the water for 25 minutes. Later on that evening my allergies started acting up bad again..scratchy eyes and sneezing. Last time this happened was last thursday..the day I went swimming. So if this swimming is causing this crap, I may hold off it for a lil while. However, I got my heart pumping good for 25 min nonetheless.

Diet was good and accurate again. The final day's #s were:

Calories = 1883
    Carbs = 94g = 20%
    Protein = 221g = 47%
    Fat = 68.5g = 33%

Tomorrow is a brand new day.

Day 11 of 56
    Wednesday, July 17th

Today was a scheduled leg workout but woke up with my quads still aching a bit from my sunday track session, so I decided to postpone the leg workout until thursday, and just do some cardio instead. I ended up having a medium intensity workout on x-trainer for 30 min. Heart rate stayed at around 150bpm consistently throughout the entire session.

That evening I played catch with a buddy for 20 min to see how my arm was feeling. It felt really strong. I iced my shoulder and elbow down following for precautionary measure anyways. Gotta take good care of it this time around. So I'm encouraged about it feeling strong again, as I slowly make my come-back into baseball.

Diet was good as usual. I'm really getting into a rhythm with it as I keep nearly the same plan day in and day out. I'll post what my eating plan was like today:

Meal 1: 10:30: 2 scp Optimum Whey (110,3,22,1.5)
    9 Tbsp Egg Whites (70,1,15,0)
    5g Glutamine (20,0,5,0)

Calories = 200
    Carbs = 4g
    Protein = 42g
    Fat = 1.5g

Cardio (X-trainer for 30 min): 12:15-12:45

Meal 2 (post-cardio): 1:15: 2/3 cup Dry Oats(55g) (209,37,8,4)
    1 scp Optimum Whey (55,1,11,1)

Calories = 435
    Carbs = 46g
    Protein = 38g
    Fat = 12.5g

Meal 3: 3:45: 18 tbsp Egg Whites (141,1,31,0)
    50g Broccoli (14,2,1,0)

Calories = 290
    Carbs = 3g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 15g

Meal 4: 6:15: 1/2 cup Oatmeal (167,29,6,3)
    1 scp Optimum Whey (55,1,11,1)

Calories = 393
    Carbs = 38g
    Protein = 36g
    Fat = 11.5g

Meal 5: 9:00: 1 can Tuna (135,0,30,1)
    50g Broccoli (14,2,1,0)

Calories = 284
    Carbs = 2g
    Protein = 31g
    Fat = 16g

Meal 6: 11:30: 1 can Tuna (135,0,30,1)
    3 tbsp Egg Whites (23,0,5,0)

Calories = 293
    Carbs = 0g
    Protein = 35g
    Fat = 16g

When the day was over, the totals looked like this:

Calories = 1895
    Carbs = 93g = 20%
    Protein = 214g = 45%
    Fat = 72.5g = 34%
    Sodium = 2650mg

I really liked this cardio day eating plan. A ton of great cutting foods were in it like 6 tsp of Udo's Oil, 30 tbsp Egg Whites, 2 cans of Tuna, 100g Broccoli, etc.

Tomorrow its leg day. I'm gonna pound some DMX on the car ride over to the gym prior to my workout to get ready for the 20 rep squats and leg press.

Until we meet again.

The design and layout of this journal is really good, Andrew.

And you really seem to have your head screwed on as far as diet goes. Nice one.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

Day 12 of 56
    Thursday, July 18th

Well decided to give legs ago. I was a little disappointed with the workout. Energy just wasn't there. Squats did manage to go up a margin, then leg press was down. Leg curls stayed about the same, and I got a few extra reps out of my calves. Not a horrible workout I suppose, but I'm just comparing it to the amazing pump I got from last weeks. It just wasn't there this time around. Oh well, next wednesday I'll punish them again for misbehaving.

Diet was normal. All meals to the tee and on time. The final tally was:
    Calories = 1900
    Carbs = 183g = 39%
    Protein = 195g = 41%
    Fat = 42g = 20%

Tomorrow is a scheduled refeed. I don't really feel like having it but it does my body good.

Day 13 of 56
    Friday, July 19th

Well today was my big ole' refeed. Not huge by any standards, but nice when dieting once in a while. Last week I went for 2900 calories, but this week I'll drop it down to 2850. Here is what I ate for the day:

Meal 1: 10:15: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 2(pre-workout): 12:45: 30g Dextrose (120,30,0,0)
    2 scp Protein Powder (115,4,20,2)

Calories = 235
    Carbs = 34g
    Protein = 20g
    Fat = 2g

Workout: 1:00-1:40

Meal 3(post-workout): 2:00: 1 Myoplex (280,24,42,2)
    75g Banana (69,18,1,0)
    40g Dextrose (160,40,0,0)

Calories = 509
    Carbs = 82g
    Protein = 43g
    Fat = 2g

Meal 4: 3:30: 100g Tuna (117,0,25,1)
    1 Whole-Wheat Bagel (219,40,7,2)

Calories = 336
    Carbs = 40g
    Protein = 32g
    Fat = 3g

Meal 5: 6:30: 100g dry Whole-wheat Pasta (375,75,13,6)
    3oz(86g) Chicken (161,0,29,4)

Calories = 536
    Carbs = 75g
    Protein = 41g
    Fat = 10g

Meal 6: 9:00: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Meal 7: 11:30: 3/4 cup Oatmeal (250,43,9,4.5)

Calories = 407
    Carbs = 52g
    Protein = 34g
    Fat = 6.5g

Today's totals were:

Calories = 2837
    Carbs = 387g = 56%
    Protein = 238g = 33%
    Fat = 36.5g = 12%
    Sodium = 2925mg

I stuck with a 55/33/12 split again. The meals were pretty similar to last week's except for meal 4 because I had to eat at work.

Training wise, I hit shoulders, tri's, bi's, and abs today. The dextrose pre/post workout really works for me on refeed and bulking periods. I love hammering back that big post-workout shake. It definately makes me feel like I'm filling my muscles up good with nutrients. The workout itself wasn't too bad. It was better than the leg workout on thursday but wasn't extraordinary.

Between meals 5 and 6 I got a 90 min nap and then got up and watched invasion of the hidden cameras on fox. I love that show.

Well, tomorrow is the end of week 2. Bring it.

Day 14 of 56
    Saturday, July 20

Did some morning cardio shortly after awakening at 10am. Decided to do a fast-paced incline walk on the treadmill for 30 min. I made sure to adequately stretch both before and after. I had to be in at work for 1 for a long straight shift but it never screwed my diet up any. The final day's total was:

Calories = 1901
    Carbs = 97g = 20%
    Protein = 215g = 45%
    Fat = 74.5g = 35%

I felt really bloated by the end of the day. I think it was the 6oz of steak in one of the meals. I set the calories of the steak at 310kcal but it felt like 450kcal once in me. It was a 6oz cooked top-sirloin. If that is way off lemme know. I remember getting it from the USDA site a while back and it was listed as the same nutrient values as salmon. But for some reason I'm more bloated after steak than I am from salmon.

Not a bad day by any means. Tomorrow night (sunday) I may be going clubbing again, but I'm going to try my hardest to stay off the booze and just have a real good time with the ladies.