The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: some ideas

Hybrid View

some ideas

is it a smart way to change things a lil bit regarding conjugate method ?

here : after the max effort single (floorpress,bandbench, 2board or cgb) i go to straight benchpress for 5 reps , 3 reps or few singles at 90 % paused. for practice !!
    after that i go to heavy tricepswork , lats and so on . the point is using the benchpress more often as assistancework for raw benchpressing like my idea above or with 3 x 5-8 reps ...

another thing :
    instead of doing speedbench OR RE bench (15+ reps) i would use 75-80 % for multible sets (3-5 x 3-5 reps) i know its heavier than defrancos idea, but on multible sets i don't go all out ..heavy weigh and not to failure . mike tuchscherer is a fan of multible sets ... this idea i would only do when i cut out the benchpress after the max effort work .

i like doing the bench every week, conjugate is great and this could be a good mix .

some thoughts ?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

From personal experince in our gym, the guys that tend to do a lot of sets on the bench always get injuries and have slow progress.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

.. yes its possible. i am a little bit inspired by a video of travis bell doing max effort bench with bands , and after this he does a double with straight weight for competitiontraining and by brian schwabs program , where on the second day benchpress for 2 x 4-5 reps (planed progression) ...

scott , if you would use conjugate , how would you set up the benchdays for raw benching ?

I used conjugate for years and had success. Injuries creeped up though and I have a limited amount of lifts I can do with out pain. If I hit lifts above 90% every week I get hurt. I would rotate reverse light band bench, 1 board, foam press, 2 board, and benching against looped green bands. Now I just keep things simple and wave %s with plain old benching. If you cab do it, do it. I just wish I worked mobility and soft tissue back in the day before I tore my self up.
    Best Lifts unequipped
    Best lifts Equipped

Thankfully Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS