Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's FINAL Journal

MonStar's FINAL Journal

This is my FINAL journal here at WBB. I am going to keep this one for a long, long, time. I know that 99.9% of you guys are going to doubt me because I have said all of this before. That completely makes sense to me. I am just going to have to surprise you guys I guess.

Its already mid-summer and I am completely flabby and soft. Its actually really sad to be honest. Its sad and disappointing rather than motivational. However, I am going to have to turn this disappointed feeling into motivation to strive for more and more.

I need to stick this one out. I have switched back to a basic bodybuilding program. Something that I have not done in a while now. I have been searching for some kind of magic program that will allow me to drop a massive amount of bodyfat while packing on muscle size.

Every one of us here at WBB would be on that program if such a program existed. Unfortunately such a program does not exist. While it is a shame because I feel like I have spent a long time looking for it, I realize now that I was just wasting my time. That entire time I should have been on a conventional bodybuilding split and program.

I have also decided to make my refeeds more infrequent. This way hopefully Ill drop fat at a little bit of a quicker rate. I am going to be refeeding every 3rd day, postworkout, for around 4-6 hours. Once I reach the ideal bodyfat % that I want, I may switch back to every other day.

Right now as many of you can see in the before picture that I posted on July 5, 2002, I am completely soft and flabby. I havnt been this soft for a long time to be honest. So that alone is inspiration in itself. I hope to lean out within the next month or two. Doesnt really make sense to lean out for the Fall but since summer is going to be over in the next two months I really dont have a choice.

Again as always I ask my supporters to please continue posting with your comments, suggestions, etc. Theyre greatly appreciated. Also anyone who reads my journal at all to please post with your comments, questions, concerns, and suggestions.

Current Stats / Lifts.
    • Weight: 205-210 lbs. (soft and flabby)

Flat Barbell Presses: 255 x 4
      Flat Dumbbell Flyes: 70 x 4
      Dips: +90 x 4
      Wide-grip Underhand Chins: +50 x 4
      One-arm Dumbbell Rows: 90 x 4
      Supported Underhand Rows: 190 x 4
      Barbell Squats: 365 x 4
      Good Mornings: 225 x 4
      Lying Cambered-bar Extensions: 135 x 4
      Standing Barbell Curls: 95 x 4
    Last edited by MonStar; 08-23-2002 at 10:39 PM.

Goals For 2003.
    • Flat Barbell Presses: 315 x 2 (!)

Wide-grip Overhand Behind-neck Chins: BW x 20 (!)

Supported Underhand Rows: 300 x 2 (!)

Squats: 455 x 2 (!)

Standing Barbell Curls: 165 x 2 (!)

Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses: 225 x 2 (!)

Lying Barbell Extensions: 165 x 2 (!)
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-20-2002 at 01:19 PM.

Can you just delete this one, and re-open one with another name? We all know this is anything but your final journal. So just call it "yet another journal" or something.

The only person you keep letting down is yourself, and frankly, you just keep setting yourself up for disappointment.

You say your looking for that program? Maybe HST is that program for you. You wouldn't ever know though, because you don't ever try it. You make half-assed attempts in which you talk about how much you love it, how much your strength is shooting up, and how much fat you feel like you're dropping, and then, out of nowhere, time and time again -- you drop it. You are one seriously self-destructive person.

I wish I could help you.

The Cuban Missile Crisis was definitely the closest that the world has ever come to nuclear war. The

United States armed forces were at their greatest state of readiness. The Soviet Union's field

commanders in Cuba were fully prepared to use battlefield nuclear weapons to defend the island if it

was invaded. Fortunately, thanks to the bravery of two men, President John F. Kennedy and Premier

Nikita Khrushchev, war was averted.

In 1962, the Soviet Union was desperately behind the United States in the arms race. Soviet
    missiles were only powerful enough to be launched against Europe but U.S. missiles were
    capable of striking the entire Soviet Union. In late April 1962, Soviet Premier Nikita
    Khrushchev conceived the idea of placing intermediate-range missiles in Cuba. A deployment
    in Cuba would double the Soviet strategic arsenal and provide a real deterrent to a potential
    U.S. attack against the Soviet Union.

Meanwhile, Fidel Castro was looking for a way to defend his island nation from an attack by
    the U.S. Ever since the failed Bay of Pigs invasion in 1961, Castro felt a second attack was
    inevitable. Consequently, he approved of Khrushchev's plan to place missiles on the island. In
    the summer of 1962 the Soviet Union worked quickly and secretly to build its missile
    installations in Cuba.

For the United States, the crisis began on October 15, 1962 whenreconnaissance
    photographs revealed Soviet missiles under construction in Cuba. Early the next day,
    President John Kennedy was informed of the missile installations. Kennedy immediately
    organized the EX-COMM, a group of his twelve most important advisors to handle the crisis.
    After seven days of guarded and intense debate within the upper echelons of government,
    Kennedy concluded to impose a naval quarantine around Cuba. He wished to prevent the
    arrival of more Soviet offensive weapons on the island. On October 22, Kennedy announced
    the discovery of the missile installations to the public and his decision to quarantine the
    island. He also proclaimed that any nuclear missile launched from Cuba would be regarded as
    an attack on the United States by the Soviet Union and demanded that the Soviets remove
    all of their offensive weapons from Cuba.

During the public phase of the Crisis, tensions began to build on both sides. Kennedy
    eventually ordered low-level reconnaissance missions once every two hours. On the 25th
    Kennedy pulled the quarantine line back and raised military readiness to DEFCON 2. Then on
    the 26th EX-COMM heard from Khrushchev in an impassioned letter. He proposed removing
    Soviet missiles and personnel if the U.S. would guarantee not to invade Cuba. October 27
    was the worst day of the crisis. A U-2 was shot down over Cuba and EX-COMM received a
    second letter from Khrushchev demanding the removal of U.S. missiles in Turkey in exchange
    for Soviet missiles in Cuba. Attorney General Robert Kennedy suggested ignoring the second
    letter and contacted Soviet Ambassador Anatoly Dobrynin to tell him of the U.S. agreement
    with the first.

Tensions finally began to ease on October 28 when Khrushchev announced that he would
    dismantle the installations and return the missiles to the Soviet Union, expressing his trust
    that the United States would not invade Cuba. Further negotiations were held to implement
    the October 28 agreement, including a United States demand that Soviet light bombers be
    removed from Cuba, and specifying the exact form and conditions of United States
    assurances not to invade Cuba.

First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares. Secondly, I hope your diet this time has real food.. before it looked like you were on some sort of protein shake diet or some sh*t. Lastly, that split is pretty good bro I mean I've been doing it for a while and I've been seeing results. Just hope ya stick with it!
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Originally posted by gregnb
    First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares. Secondly, I hope your diet this time has real food.. before it looked like you were on some sort of protein shake diet or some sh*t. Lastly, that split is pretty good bro I mean I've been doing it for a while and I've been seeing results. Just hope ya stick with it!
    Great post man!!

I was waiting for someone to say that. Its a "First off, I'm not one to really care about how many journals you open up I mean it's a god damn messageboard.. who f*cking cares." Haha I love it man! Anyway yeah I am going to definitely try and include some real food in my diet this time around. Last time I f*cked it all up by not eating enough real food.

Too many MRPs and protein shakes and not enough tuna and turkey and classic bodybuilding foods ya know? I drink an MRP first thing in the morning to get all of the vitamins and minerals in my system after a fast during sleep. But other than that I should stick to real food youre right.

Have you started your usnic acid cycle. I have f*cked up my diet too much to see any real results but I am hotter while sleeping especially. And I tend to sweat more while working out.

What do you think about my goals for 2003 man, little high huh? Hehe.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-10-2002 at 11:51 AM.

Here is a current picture of myself. A sickening fat photo. Just motivation to stick to this diet and training regimen.

I weighed 213.5 in this picture, it was taken 5 days ago on July 5, 2002.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Have you started your usnic acid cycle. I have f*cked up my diet too much to see any real results but I am hotter while sleeping especially. And I tend to sweat more while working out.
    Yeah I have.. I woke up today at 5am with my bed sheet totally drenched in sweat.

Eh, setting high goals is good I think because it'll keep ya pushing harder and harder, but then again if you don't reach them you get a little depressed but you just have to deal with it!
    No Pain, No Gain!

"Love changes, and best friends become strangers" - NaS

Originally posted by gregnb
    Yeah I have.. I woke up today at 5am with my bed sheet totally drenched in sweat.
    Yeah man I experienced similar side effects. Not that extreme but then again I think youre lighter in bodyweight than I am so that might have something to do with the difference in tolerance levels. Are you taking a total of 500 mg. per day?

Eh, setting high goals is good I think because it'll keep ya pushing harder and harder, but then again if you don't reach them you get a little depressed but you just have to deal with it!
    Yeah man setting high goals is great I think too. Everyone says that if I dont reach them Ill be let down but I honestly dont think that rings true at all. I personally dont give a sh*t if I reach them or not. I would love to but I mean theyre so f*cking high it doesnt even matter to me at this point.

I mean I cant imagine doing flyes with 120 lbs. bells even though thats my goal it seems insane. I think I see one guy do presses with 90s and everyone looks at him like hes some strength beast. Then I do flyes with the 85s to make him look stupid. Haha.. little immature but fun.

DAY 1 | 7-10-2002

Comments.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Looking forward to some good results with this new program that I am doing. Its actually not new its more of an old-school classic bodybuilding routine. Every other day, performing a push/pull/legs split. I am looking forward to some nice strength gains though as always. I will probably set some goals for myself for next 5-6 months or so.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet.
      Meal 1: Myoplex MRP + 1 cup 2% milk

Meal 2: 1 can tuna + 1 & 1/2 tbsp. low-fat mayo + 2 slices whole-wheat bread

Postworkout: 2 servings whey protein + 1/2 serving Cell-Tech

Meal 4: 1 slice whole-wheat bread + 2 tbsp. peanut butter + 2 cups skim milk

Meal 5: 2 slices whole-wheat bread + 4 slices low-fat cheese + tomato soup + 1 cup skim milk

Meal 6: 1 cup skim milk

Pain/Soreness.
      Not really sore today, feel okay I guess. Looking forward to a good push workout today. Feel fat but thats nothing new. Started to just get used to the Jenny Craig before picture look.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 6.5 hours of sleep. Not too much sleep at all. Didnt get to bed until something like 5:00 AM. Had some girlfriend trouble. And I am not sure what is going on with that so my head is all messed up today.

Supplements.
    • multi-vitamin/mineral 2x today
    • 1g vitamin C 3x today
    • 400 IU vitamin E 3x today
    • 1 Calcium Complete 3x today
    • 1 Lipodryl 1x today
    • 250 mg. usnic acid 2x today
    • 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx preworkout
    • 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine peptides + 3g l-arginine + 1g ginger + 500 mg. ALA + 250 mg. Aminogen postworkout
    • 6 mg. melatonin + 5g glutamine before bed

Training. Push.
      Flat Barbell Presses:

135 x 6, 185 x 6, 205 x 6, 260 x 5.5 (!), 235 x 7, 210 x 7

Nice sets on the flat bench today. Really really hit my pecs extremely hard and heavy. Started off with 3 warmup sets, 135, 185, and 205. All pretty easy. Not anywhere near failure just getting my body ready for my work sets. Jumped up to 260 lbs. Got 5.5 reps!! This is a new PB for me, only by a 1/2 rep, but still thats an increase. I count everything as an increase even if its something miniscule like that. Next set my pecs were already fatigued. Going to increase to 265 lbs. next week. That should be hard as f*ck. Hit up 235 lbs. for 7. My pecs like I said were beat after the first set. Good set though. Going to increase to 240 lbs. for my 2nd work set next week since I got more than 6 reps. Last set my pecs were just beat up. Got 7 reps again which kind of sucked. Oh well. Since I didnt get 8 I am going to stick with 210 lbs. for my last set.

Flat Dumbbell Flyes:

85 x 5, 70 x 5.5, 55 x 8

Good sets of flyes today I think. My pecs were pretty much exausted when it came time for them though. 3 hard working sets of bench wiped my pecs out completely. Hit up 5 reps with the 85s for flyes. This is not a new PB, although it is very good. Nice hard reps. Pretty good ROM I guess. Felt pretty strong with this movement. Thinking today and 120 lbs. flyes seem out of the question. But they maybe attainable though. Anyway good set. going to hit up the 90s next week. That seems like completely insane 90 lbs. flyes!! Second set I only got 5.5 reps. Pecs were fried and pumped. Going to stay with the 70s next week. Last set I got 8 reps which means Ill increase to the 60s next week. Well see how that goes. Have a feeling that my fly strength is going to plateau soon. 85s felt heavy as f*ck today. Got some stares at the gym when I used the 85s for flyes rather than presses..

One-arm Dumbbell Side-laterals:

40 x 4.5, 30 x 8, 25 x 10

Good hard sets of side laterals today. Really fried my side delts all the way. Got some good solid reps really putting a lot of effort and focus into all 3 sets. Started off with a 40 lbs. DB. Good slow reps. Trying to feel it completely in my delt and not in my traps at all. Got 4.5 reps so I am going to jump to a 45 lbs. DB next week and see how I do with that. Hopefully Ill be okay. Next set I hit up a 30 lbs. DB. this was pretty tough. Nice lactic acid buildup and good feeling of exaustion in my side delts. Going to jump to a 35 lbs. DB for my second set next week. Last set finished off delts completely with a 25 lbs. DB. Fairly light but good solid reps. Nice and slow. Hitting up a 30 lbs. DB for my final work set next week.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

145 x 6 (!), 130 x 6.5, 115 x 7

Nice sets of skulls today!! Really hit my triceps very very hard with some hard a*s sets. Started off with 145 lbs. which is a sh*tload of weight to use for skulls. Got 6 reps which is a new PB for me. Damn straight baby! Up a rep from the best I have ever done before. Fried triceps all the way. Hitting up 150 lbs. next week. Holy f*ck.. After this first set my triceps were just f*cked. Second set hit up 130 lbs. and only got 6.5 reps. Increasing next week on my second set to 135 lbs. On my last set my triceps were so burnt it was just ridiculous. Going to stick with 115 lbs. on my last work set next week.

Training Length.
      Lasted 45 minutes today. Actually shorter than I thought. Took some fairly lengthy rest periods during my bench sets. But for the rest of my workout my rest periods were brief.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 205.5 lbs. Okay amount today I guess. Felt pretty bad about my weight but honestly I feel like its just fat. I really dont think that I am holding too much water weight, honestly. I want to shoot for around 185-190 lbs. I guess and really really lean. Maybe around 8-10% bodyfat. Just want to harden up my midsection and stay fairly strong.
    Last edited by MonStar; 08-15-2002 at 10:05 PM.

Achieve those goals, and you will be a big strong boy.

I would do a little more work on push day - inclue an OH press.

Pull day looks good, as does leg day.

You are't fat. Some time paying attention to your diet will take care of the little bit 'o chub.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    Achieve those goals, and you will be a big strong boy.

I would do a little more work on push day - inclue an OH press.

Pull day looks good, as does leg day.

You are't fat. Some time paying attention to your diet will take care of the little bit 'o chub.
    Thanks a lot Paul. Didnt expect you to reply here really means a lot. Anytime any of your training gurus respond (you, chris, Belial, Maki, PowerMan, etc.) its always great.

I really really have faith believe it or not that I am going to achieve all of those goals.

Paul you would do an OH press? I am actually currently experimenting without OH pressing. Only because flat BB presses fry the front delts completey. I mean theyre totally demolished after my sets. Then side-laterals take care of my side-delts so I really dont see a need for another press. I mean honestly two presses for the front delts I personally feel is a bit redundant dont you think?

Thank you for the suggestion though, and if my delt developement slows in any way Ill add an OH press immediately. Again thanks for the reply Paul. You used to be Lemon_Parade over at the MM forums didnt you?
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-10-2002 at 12:17 PM.

dude those pics aren't bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. To me you look pretty thick. There is definately some mass on ya. Just lean up a bit and you'll be looking great.

I think you, along with par deus over-rate frequent refeeds tho. You definately don't need them every 3rd day at your bf.

Check out my new journal too. We're both just starting a new dieting phase. Motivation and consistency is the key.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

I like doing pressing and pulling in both a vertical and horizontal plane... covers all the bases. It won't be too much for your front delts, and it will help keep your shoulders healthy.

Yes, I was Lemon_Parade. I quit modding over there when they decided to make the site an advertisement for supplements, and was subsequently banned because I had the gall to suggest one could get supplements at a lower price elsewhere.

Sad to see all the mods over there with the ads in their sigs.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Banned

Originally posted by Avatar
    dude those pics aren't bad at all. Don't be so hard on yourself. To me you look pretty thick. There is definately some mass on ya. Just lean up a bit and you'll be looking great.
    Thanks man. Yeah I did fatten (thicken) up a bit over the past few months. Not the smartest idea since its summertime. But oh well there isnt much that I can do about it at this point in time. Well see how things go though. Yeah I am going to lean up some and see what happens with my physique.

I think you, along with par deus over-rate frequent refeeds tho. You definately don't need them every 3rd day at your bf.

Check out my new journal too. We're both just starting a new dieting phase. Motivation and consistency is the key.
    Yeah man Par Deus does make a huge deal out of refeeds. I think that theyre helpful but theyre not like some huge key to dieting and all that. I was doing them ever other day so now every third day, around twice a week, should be better for fat loss reasons.

Yeah definitely bro Ill be checking out your journal without a doubt.

Originally posted by Paul Stagg
    I like doing pressing and pulling in both a vertical and horizontal plane... covers all the bases. It won't be too much for your front delts, and it will help keep your shoulders healthy.
    Thats cool Paul. Everyone has a different opinion I guess. Well see what happens. I understand what youre saying about pressing in different planes. If my shoulders like I said dont respond the way that I would like then Ill just add OH pressing thats all. Really not that big of a deal.

Yes, I was Lemon_Parade. I quit modding over there when they decided to make the site an advertisement for supplements, and was subsequently banned because I had the gall to suggest one could get supplements at a lower price elsewhere.

Sad to see all the mods over there with the ads in their sigs.
    I never really posted at MM forums but I do rememeber asking you like a trillion questions about ketogenic dieting.

Funny because that was 2-3 years ago. Then I found out about WBB from you because you said it was where you were posting nowm, but I didnt care for WBB at the time. I think I was set on not training my legs etc. and I just got flamed for it again and again. My fault I guess.

Then somehow I found out about Elitefitness and posted over there for a bit. Then finally I came back here to where all the real info is at.

Originally posted by HK

Yet you put up a post today at Elite asking for a critique of the new routine you plan on sticking with. Interesting.

hey mike, now that you have started this new training split, please stick with it for at least 6-7 weeks, so that you can appreciate the benefits, im not trying to nag you but i want you to succeed because you have got the foundations of a true bodybuilder

one thing about your refeeds, what exactly are they and should i be doing it? i eat almost 100% clean except weekends where i have a fair bit of alcohol and high calorie fast food.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Re: lronMan's Final Journal

Originally posted by lronMan
    This is my final journal here at WBB.

Banned

Wow..

I just noticed your squats are now much better than belial's, great job!

You did 425x6 at parallel, and he can only do 405x3 not even parallel.

Good luck with your new program.

Originally posted by MarshallPenn
    Yet you put up a post today at Elite asking for a critique of the new routine you plan on sticking with. Interesting.
    Dont worry Marshall, youre going to be in for a rude awakening. I am going to stick to this program a long, long, time.

Re: Wow..

Originally posted by HK
    I just noticed your squats are now much better than belial's, great job!

You did 425x6 at parallel, and he can only do 405x3 not even parallel.
    I'm replying to this bullsh!t because I doubt Belial is going to worry about correcting the ridiculousness of your statement, but it bothered the hell out of me, so I'm going to.

You need to recheck your information, because its definitely wrong. B is training his squats with a 405 max at the moment because he wants to be positive that he can do a competition legal squat in his sleep. He is a perfectionist when it comes to his passions. That is why he is stressing about hitting parallel.

So of course, forget the fact that he can do a 455 back squat for 7 reps. And forget the fact that he can do 515 for 1.5 reps, hitting a solid parallel. Because obviously that means ****. Obviously, because he has reduced the poundage to focus on a different aspect of the lift, the fact that he can still do it means jack ****. Obviously.

Sorry, maybe this post is an over-reaction, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    hey mike, now that you have started this new training split, please stick with it for at least 6-7 weeks, so that you can appreciate the benefits, im not trying to nag you but i want you to succeed because you have got the foundations of a true bodybuilder
    F*ck 6-7 weeks man 6-7 months. I have goals set for 2003. I am going to be on this program until, 2003. No questions asked. This is a basic bodybuilding split that I enjoy. It worked before - and it will work again.

Yeah I know youre not trying to nag, thanks for the support and suggestion.

one thing about your refeeds, what exactly are they and should i be doing it? i eat almost 100% clean except weekends where i have a fair bit of alcohol and high calorie fast food.
    I think that youre fine with what youre doing. Refeeds are to stimulate a horomone called leptin. They also help to refill liver and muscle glycogen. To read about leptin visit www.mindandmuscle.net and do a search for leptin.