Page 2 of 59 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: MonStar's FINAL Journal

Re: Re: lronMan's Final Journal

Originally posted by Otter
    Youll be surprised man, trust me.

lol. Don't worry about it, babe. I got nothing to prove to retards.

Oh, and it's a 470 x 7. 2" above parallel, I believe. And without being able to evaluate form, I'd be very surprised if anybody here hits true parallel, except the ATF people and the powerlifters.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

Wow, Andrea snapped on dat ass!
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

Re: Wow..

Originally posted by HK
    I just noticed your squats are now much better than belial's, great job!

You did 425x6 at parallel, and he can only do 405x3 not even parallel.

Good luck with your new program.
    Actually my squat strength isnt even comparable to Belial's. Haha last time I checked he squatted 500+ lbs. for reps going down to parallel. Currently he is working on flexibility and trying to go more for depth than for strength. Its a shame too hehe I like checking his journal seeing him squat 500 something for reps.

Thanks for the support HK.

Read my post in Johnny Vegas' journal...thoughts?

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Re: Re: Wow..

Originally posted by Just some girl
    I'm replying to this bullsh!t because I doubt Belial is going to worry about correcting the ridiculousness of your statement, but it bothered the hell out of me, so I'm going to.

You need to recheck your information, because its definitely wrong. B is training his squats with a 405 max at the moment because he wants to be positive that he can do a competition legal squat in his sleep. He is a perfectionist when it comes to his passions. That is why he is stressing about hitting parallel.
    Yeah dont worry I know how much B squats. Chances are Ill never catch up with him. 500+ lbs. squats.

So of course, forget the fact that he can do a 455 back squat for 7 reps. And forget the fact that he can do 515 for 1.5 reps, hitting a solid parallel. Because obviously that means ****. Obviously, because he has reduced the poundage to focus on a different aspect of the lift, the fact that he can still do it means jack ****. Obviously.

Sorry, maybe this post is an over-reaction, but that just rubbed me the wrong way.
    Nah its not an overreaction I would be pissed too if someone posted something about my strength that was inaccurate. I mean were all here to get bigger and stronger and when we do get stronger we dont want to be downplayed.

Originally posted by Belial

Oh, and it's a 470 x 7. 2" above parallel, I believe. And without being able to evaluate form, I'd be very surprised if anybody here hits true parallel, except the ATF people and the powerlifters.
    Haha I wasnt accusing you of not going to parallel or anything even similar. Last time I checked you squatted 515 for 1.5 reps didnt you? I dont think that I go to TRUE parallel either to be honest. I maybe an inch or so above. I know that I go close because when I get to the bottom I feel like I couldnt go any lower if I tried. I usually get my girlfriend to make sure its pretty close to 90 degrees.

I agree that not many people go to true parallel.

Originally posted by PowerManDL
    Wow, Andrea snapped on dat ass!
    LOL thats the truth. Sticking up for her man's lifts hehe thats some funny a*s sh*t.

thanks for the link, its quality, ive printed off some posts and articles so i can read them in my bath, from what i have read sounds positive.

thanks to you and others im learning so much, and this info can only help me progress, im definately getting bigger, just i dont want to rush it and screw things up i.e. injurys, which i suffered ofen from my soccer days. thanks once again.

keep us posted with your routine, you seem to have some sort of appealingness in your attitude which attracts the reader.
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Blood&Iron
    Read my post in Johnny Vegas' journal...thoughts?
    Alright man Ill quote from his journal.

Since discussions of form/ROM crop up so regularly, I think it'd be really interesting--and this is directed at no one in particular--if people would post series of photos of how them performing their exercises(with the weights being posted in the journal). Not as proof of the lift or anything, but because it be interesting to see how one's perception of form and others' perceptions differ(In my case as well). There was an interesting series of photos of Casey Viator--of HIT fame--performing the squat(albeit with very little weight) that was posted on another site and it was fascinating to see how some people thought he was going too low and letting his back round, while others thought the form used was perfect. Just a thought.
    Awesome suggestion man. I dont have a scanner or anything like that to do that. Although I would really really like to in a day that the gym isnt busy. I would love to post some pictures of me squatting 400+ lbs. just to show everyone not only my foot stance, but how deep I go in each rep etc.

Same goes for all of the other lifts it would be interesting to see how people's form differed. Good point B&I. Seeing masons' pics of him doing 200 lbs. curls and 250 lbs. skulls is the only thing that really made me believe it.

Re: Funny...

Originally posted by HK
    Wow faking as a girl to back you up, retard?
    It's his girlfriend man. I dont know where you come off like you know so much bro its really not cool. You claim first that you know Belial's strength and youre way off - then you accuse him of posting as a girl.

Re: Funny...

Originally posted by HK
    Wow faking as a girl to back you up, retard?
    lmao.

Monstar, I appreciate the backup. I'm going to keep any further conversation on this out of your journal. No need to clutter this up, it's about YOUR training.

Peace.
    Last edited by Alex.V; 07-10-2002 at 04:02 PM.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

hey, i'll have you know I hit parallel with my pussy weight!
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    thanks for the link, its quality, ive printed off some posts and articles so i can read them in my bath, from what i have read sounds positive.
    No problem about the link. Youve read them in the bath? Huh? I am confused man. Why are you reading links in the bath? Or taking a bath for that matter? Most of us take showers I believe..

thanks to you and others im learning so much, and this info can only help me progress, im definately getting bigger, just i dont want to rush it and screw things up i.e. injurys, which i suffered ofen from my soccer days. thanks once again.
    Yeah man be careful! The last thing that you want to do is get injured and prevent yourself from training. If I were you I would be sure that my form was perfect, etc. And dont jump too heavy, too soon.

keep us posted with your routine, you seem to have some sort of appealingness in your attitude which attracts the reader.
    I will man dont worry. I am going to really really really try and keep this journal up for a long time. Even though not many of you think so.

oh btw, you don't look bad at all in those pics monstar.

Re: Re: Funny...

lmao.

Monstar, I appreciate the backup. I'm going to keep any further conversation on this out of your journal. No need to clutter this up, it's about YOUR training.

Peace.
    Agreed man. Dont worry about it. Okay man and youre right this journal is for my training and diet - anything other than support or simple questions isnt necessary. Its all good though.

Originally posted by Goin_Big
    hey, i'll have you know I hit parallel with my pussy weight!
    You hit true parallel? Really? That just seems a little odd because I have never seen anyone in the gym go that far down. Seems most guys go around 1-3" above true parallel. Its all good though I personally dont think that a few inches could possible make THAT much of a difference.

oh btw, you don't look bad at all in those pics monstar.
    Maybe not bad - just fat and soft and completely disgusting. Haha I cant stand the way that I look in those pics thats why theyre there. For motivational purposes only. Theyre a sickening site if you ask me.

don't get me wrong, i don't mind that you change journals i couldn't give a cuf, just as long as you keep your routines posted in dome form or another. top job man, oh yeah i like having baths to relax and unwind

sorry some instead of dome

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    don't get me wrong, i don't mind that you change journals i couldn't give a cuf, just as long as you keep your routines posted in dome form or another. top job man, oh yeah i like having baths to relax and unwind
    Yeah thats cool. It gets kind of annoying when guys flip out just because I start another journal. They couldnt give a f*ck about my results etc. but they just have to make some negative comment. Its a f*cking message boards. Its supposed to have messages and posts and threads. I mean honestly who gives a f*cking horsesh*t about how many journals I start.

Maybe bodybuilding wise its not good because you cant really tell what works and what doesnt but other than that I dont think it should matter to anyone but me. Thats cool about the baths I was just a little confused.

You can just use the EDIT feature in the top right corner of the message you posted.
    Last edited by MonStar; 07-10-2002 at 04:11 PM.

ok, now you got me wondering, what's your definition of true parallel?

what are you about 15% in those pics?

ok, now you got me wondering, what's your definition of true parallel?

what are you about 15% in those pics?
    True parallel is just when your legs are all the way down to 90 degrees. I am just saying its pretty close to a*s to the floor squats thats all. Some guys squat and barely move the bar at all, its a shame.

I dont know I would guess 14-18% bodyfat in those pics. Actually I dont know because I think I have about 180 lbs. of LBM I think, I am not sure. And something probably close to 20-25 lbs. of flab. So maybe 13%. But I honestly dont have a clue.

Originally posted by lronMan

You hit true parallel? Really? That just seems a little odd because I have never seen anyone in the gym go that far down. Seems most guys go around 1-3" above true parallel. Its all good though I personally dont think that a few inches could possible make THAT much of a difference.
    NOW you say this. After I've told you a million times that there is no way you are squatting that much weight to parallel!

I made the Elite comment b/c you called all the Elite people stupid and still ask for their advice today!

Also, stop making claims about this being your last journal. You say that every day, and the next you start a new one. Nobody cares. Just go lift!

ok, what I meant by parallel is that the top of my legs are parallel to the floor.

I dunno how people do ass to floor, it hurts my knees to do that with no weight.

If you can see your gut with a shirt on, you don't look bad