The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 49 of 59 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,225 of 1472
    Hey man, where did you order the book from, how much, and how long did it take to get to ya?
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Originally posted by ericg
    Hey man, where did you order the book from, how much, and how long did it take to get to ya?
    Hey ericg I ordered it from www.davedraper.com and it took about a week to come in the mail. Great book man, I highly recommend you reading it. All about continually making progress and everything like that. I think that youll find it a great read. I am only 10 pages in and I LOVE it.

DAY 86 | 10-3-2002

Comments.
    • ----------------------------------------------------------------
      Feel pretty good today. I have to take my car into the dealership to get it waxed and the exterior detailed and everything like that so its all good. I am really hoping that afterwards the car is going to look immaculate. I am hoping that is, I dont really know if it is or not. Its hard to tell with these guys. I hope that they do a good job though.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------

Diet/Supplements.
      Meal 1: Metrx MRP + skim milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX

Meal 2: ice-cream sandwich

Meal 3: 2 granola bars, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E

Meal 4: 1 Wendy's small chili, 1 Wendy's 5-piece chicken tender, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX

Meal 5: 3 cinnamon rolls

Meal 6: captain crunch cereal + 1% milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX

Meal 7: 1 Fast Break bar, skim milk

Haha diet today SUCKED. I wont even call it a diet, thats the wrong word. What I stuffed my face with today was a joke. I always try and get at least a decent amount of protein - barely any today.

Estimated calories: ~3000

I honestly probably only got around ~125g of protein or so today. I mean definitely not enough thats for damn sure. Oh well, Ill have to do better about this tomorrow.

Pain/Soreness.
      Feel okay today. Not really that sore believe it or not. My lower back is aching but as for my thighs I have some stiffness in my hamstrings but nothing too bad. Overall I feel good. Looking forward to a good chest and triceps session tomorrow morning.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7 hours sleep. Really slept well I think. Got a good deep sleep and really just woke up feeling good. Need to get a minimum of 7 hours every single night. This has to become a MUST.

Training. Rest.
      N/A.

Training Length.
      N/A.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 201 lbs. Good weight this morning on the scale I think, need to continue getting around ~3000 calories every single day I think. As long as I do that I think that Ill be fine. Like I have been saying, I really enjoy eating this way. Its so much fun and my girlfriend loves it too.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-03-2002 at 09:00 PM.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Drop this 20-rep squats talk at once.

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    Drop this 20-rep squats talk at once.
    Hehe I wasnt even talking about 20-rep squats for myself I was just wondernig if they were good overall. I am not going to change my current program at all. When I ask a question I am not always looking for info to apply to my current training program. Usually I am just looking to get some opinions on it, etc.

Hey Monstar. I was just looking at your recent diet post, lol. I remember you made a thread on junk food once, and asked if calories with junk food were equal to "clean" food? Anyways, from your pics you're lookin good, but do you think your diet could be holding you back at times, I know I feel that mine could use improvement if I want to see optimal results. Then again I could be completly worng about your diet, might have just been an off day.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

layin up against a dumpster in a 100 dollar jumper, smothered in southern comfort.
    why does htis journal have so many views? :P

anyway, you're doin good man! keep it up

Originally posted by Manveet
    Hey Monstar. I was just looking at your recent diet post, lol. I remember you made a thread on junk food once, and asked if calories with junk food were equal to "clean" food? Anyways, from your pics you're lookin good, but do you think your diet could be holding you back at times, I know I feel that mine could use improvement if I want to see optimal results. Then again I could be completly worng about your diet, might have just been an off day.
    Thanks a lot for the comments MV. Yeah I dont really know about my diet. With a high protein intake and a high calorie intake I dont think that I am holding myself back. But sometimes when I am not eating enough protein I really feel like I am starving my muscles which isnt a good thing at all. Thanks for the comments though man. I am really just trying to focus on my calories and at least keeping my protein at a decent level.

Originally posted by Accipiter
    why does htis journal have so many views? :P
    I dont know man haha I was wondering the same thing a few days back actually, lol.

anyway, you're doin good man! keep it up
    Hey thanks a lot for the support. Appreciate it. I am trying to keep up with this journal. I really want to hit all of my goals. Well see how things go I guess.

All I have to say is I wish I could eat like that!! Maybe after the cut is over.

Love the food choices!
    Height - 5'10"

WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

All I have to say is I wish I could eat like that!! Maybe after the cut is over.

Love the food choices!
    Hehe yeah of course man!! You can eat like this I am telling you, everyone can. Just watch your calorie intake. If I ate ~4000-5000 calories from junk I guarantee I would be 250 lbs. of lard. But since I am limiting my calories and everything like that, I dont gain and bodyfat. I have done this for a few months too so no one and I mean NO ONE can argue that what I am doing is not working. My strength has gone up and up and up and so have my measurements, but not my bodyfat!

DAY 87 | 10-4-2002

Comments.
      Woke up feeling pretty good today. I have only one class today, and no work which is nice. Every now and then I need a break from work. I really enjoy and it and all that but sometimes I just get sick of supplements. Looking at them, etc. Anyway.. my car looks FANTASTIC. I mean truly, spectacular. What a great job the guys did on the detailing. I was really impressed. Belial replied:

I PMed Belial and asked him how his rep scheme was working out for him. Hes doing a very low-rep set (2-4 reps) followed by a very high rep (12-20 reps) set.

I'm really liking it. I've always liked lower reps for sheer strength purposes, but it's been somewhat lackluster for keeping size gains going, so originally the higher rep range was for that. However, I've noticed that if I train heavy ALL the time, my form begins to suffer. By dropping down in weight and bumping up the reps when I'm already fatigued from a heavy set, it forces me to focus on form and really feel the target muscles being worked. I'll let you know how it's going in a few months, it's still too early to tell. But I think I'm getting results.
      I am really honestly hoping for some good results with this kind of rep scheme as well. I really dont know what to expect with it at all. Higher reps were always a good burnout for me, but I am not sure how great they were for hypertrophy.

Diet/Supplements.
      Preworkout: crushed pineapple, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt

Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein

Meal 4: twizzlers candy

Meal 5: 1 Burger King hershey pie, 1 Burger King 5-piece chicken tender, 1 Burger King onion ring, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E

Meal 6: frosted flakes cereal + skim milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX

Meal 7: 3 Taco Bell supreme beef gorditas

Meal 8: ice-cream

Diet wasnt too good again today. A bit more protein I think than yesterday which is always nice. Oh well. I dont think that diet matters half as much as everyone seems to think.

Estimated calories: ~3200

This is a very rough estimate as usual. Nothing extremely close to what I am really taking in. Maybe a little more or a little less.

Pain/Soreness.
      Feel pretty good today I think. Not really too sore. Little bit of soreness throughout my lower body and all that. Feel good overall though which is a good thing.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7 hours sleep. Good amount of sleep I think. Slept very well. Need to be sure that I get at least 7 hours of sleep every single night.

Training. Chest, Triceps.
      Decided to change up my rep scheme a little. Guys here at WBB like Belial and PowerManDL have been getting some good results with a max effort set in the 2-4 rep range (like I have been doing) followed by a very high rep set, in the 12-20 rep range. I am thinking that this might be a good idea. A great way to burnout my muscles also. Going to see what I think of it after this mornings workout. I know for sure that my muscles will be aching after BW dips, etc.

Flat Barbell Presses:

135 x 6, 185 x 3, 225 x 2, 290 x 1.5, 185 x 16

Some HARD sets of flat BB presses this morning. Really hit my chest and all that very very hard. Started off with my 3 warmups as usual. Nothing too bad here. Just going through the motions for hte most part. To be honest 290 lbs. felt VERY heavy today. I think its going to be a while before I get 2 reps with this weight. A single is TOUGH AS F*CK with 290. I mean I hit this sticking point where the bar goes so friggin' slow. If I could somehow up my bar speed with 290 I would get a double without a problem I think. That slow time is when my chest and triceps really get drained. So when I try for the 2nd rep I am just beat. Anyway, dropped to 185 for 16. Like I said I am going to try my rep range in the 12-20 range on my 2nd set for a while and see what I think of it. Great lactic acid buildup in my pecs. Bar speed was excellent too. I enjoy the higher reps.

Dips:

+170 x 1.5 (!), +25 x 17

New F*CKING PB baby!! I was impressed today. Barely got it but I was happy. Used +170 lbs.. This felt like SO MUCH weight around my waist. It was a 100 lbs. plate, and two 35s. Took me around 5 minutes just to lift the belt around my waist. Good set though, I mean really really good. Went down deep and exploded back up as hard as I could. Hit a sticking point about 1/2 way up with +170 and I was just f*cking mad so I pushed through it. Intensity was there on this set. When down to get a 2nd rep and I was just dead. Good set though. Feel strong here in dips. My 2nd workset today was a B*TCH. Jesus. Used +25 and got 17 reps. Lactic acid buildup was insane. My chest was on fire, ow. Good set though. Pecs were fried.

Close-grip Barbell Presses:

245 x 1.5 (!), 135 x 12

Nice sets of CG bench here today. New PB! I was happy. My chest and triceps were just so friggin' tired from the high reps in the first 2 exercises it really limited my performance here in CG bench. Got 1.5 reps with 245 lbs., which was good. But I think I could have gotten a double without a problem if I was fresh. Dropped to 135 lbs. for 12. I was just dead here. Great, and I mean GREAT, tensions on my triceps with these 2 sets though. Form and ROM was excellent, and my triceps contractions were very good. Both sets were good. Going to stick with the both of these weights for next week.

Lying Cambered-bar Extensions:

115 x 5

Nice set here. Good was to finish off my workout today. My chest and triceps were dead already so this just totally f*cked up my triceps. Strength is my triceps really wasnt there for this exercise. But I forced it. I mean ONE rep was so f*cking hard. Anyways got 5 reps, triceps were shot. Good finisher for my tris today.

Training Length.
      Lasted 25 minutes today. A f*cking road was closed on the way to the gym so I got lost and finally got there extremely late. Workout was a good length though. Got in the gym and the got the f*ck out.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 201.5 lbs. Good weight this morning, I was happy. Hovering right around ~202 lbs. lately which isnt a bad weight for me at all I dont think. Want to stay around this weight for the duration of this year. Not get any fatter, thats for sure.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-04-2002 at 09:13 PM.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    The only thing I would be skeptical about with regards to the high-rep set would be the capacity to flaw your form. In most venues that really isn't a big deal, but with squats especially, it could lead to hurting yourself. It looks like you're making a significant drop in weight, however, so this may not apply at all.

Good lifting today. I wouldn't worry so much about your bar speed at 290 unless your last rep stuck on your chest. Once you start getting off of your chest it becomes a big triceps battle. Also, make sure to draw your shoulder blades back together and maintain a tight arch to your back. When the lift gets heavy, visualize pushing your shoulders against the bar into the bench, this might help you use your upper back more effectively.
    Last edited by Saturday Fever; 10-04-2002 at 09:25 AM.

Awesome dips Mike
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

The dips and close grip benching today was fantabulous!

25 mins seems very quick how much do you rest between sets?
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Just caught the dips...that's like 10 lbs over your goal...nice. Not to mention you hit it way early to.

25 min...dang, I wish my workouts were that short. oh well.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Ya man awesome work!!

How do you grip the BB on CG BP? I mean how far apart are you hands (in inches)?

Oh and another thing, you think this movement is more for strength, size, or both?
    Last edited by ericg; 10-04-2002 at 12:54 PM.
    Height - 5'10"

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    The only thing I would be skeptical about with regards to the high-rep set would be the capacity to flaw your form. In most venues that really isn't a big deal, but with squats especially, it could lead to hurting yourself. It looks like you're making a significant drop in weight, however, so this may not apply at all.
    Yeah man I took my form into consideration, dont worry. I am making sure that my form and ROM and all that stays perfect. I will not sacrifice my form for reps, or weight. I know very well how crucial form is for making progress, safety, etc.

Good lifting today. I wouldn't worry so much about your bar speed at 290 unless your last rep stuck on your chest. Once you start getting off of your chest it becomes a big triceps battle. Also, make sure to draw your shoulder blades back together and maintain a tight arch to your back. When the lift gets heavy, visualize pushing your shoulders against the bar into the bench, this might help you use your upper back more effectively.
    Yeah I had a feeling that I was making a bigger deal out of the bar speed on 290 than need be. Its just that the bar traveled up so friggin' slowly it was just bothering me, thats all. Nothing too big of a deal - seriously. Yeah I will try to visualize that next time I do bench SF, thanks for the suggestion. I have a feeling that I am going to be stuck at 290 x 1.5 for a while.

Originally posted by NateDogg
    Awesome dips Mike
    Hey thanks a lot ND, appreciate it man. Havnt heard from you in a while. Last time I heard you were training with 5x5 I believe. I hope that works out for you. Didnt work all that great for me, I much prefer low-volume too. Anyway, thanks for the support man.

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    The dips and close grip benching today was fantabulous!

25 mins seems very quick how much do you rest between sets?
    Thanks a lot BR, appreciate it man - seriously. Yeah man my dip strength was pretty decent today I guess. Felt like a lotta weight Ill admit to that. I seem to get some stares and sh*t when I put a 100 lbs. plate and two 35s around my waist. I think some guys are wondering if I am going to do legitimate dips or some half a*ssed sh*t.

Anyway man yeah my rest periods obviously are very very short. I get in the gym and get the hell out quick. I dont like to hang out there at all. Get my workout done and get home.

Originally posted by ectx
    Just caught the dips...that's like 10 lbs over your goal...nice. Not to mention you hit it way early to.

25 min...dang, I wish my workouts were that short. oh well.
    Hey thanks a lot ectx.

Yeah I am around 10 lbs. over my goal. Its all good man. I was just f*cking totally guessing out of the blue when I made up +160 x 2. I know that at the time when I made it up I was only doing probably +100-115 or something because +160 was a good 50 lbs. out of my reach. Now I feel like I want a deep double BW dip. After I get there I might stop increasing for a while in dips. Seems like it kinds of gets a bit dangerous after a certain point ya know?

Hehe, yeah I like to keep my workouts short and sweet man. Thats how I love 'em.

Ya man awesome work!!

How do you grip the BB on CG BP? I mean how far apart are you hands (in inches)?

Oh and another thing, you think this movement is more for strength, size, or both?
    Hey ericg, thanks a lot man. In CG bench my hands are around 10-12" apart I would say. Something along those lines. Not too close. I mean too close and I feel too much strain in my wrists for some reason.

Um.. I cant really answer that question yet ericg. I mean I just started CG benching around 3 weeks ago. So I cant make a good assessment just yet. They seem to be good for triceps strength and power - I am not sure as of yet how good they are for hypertrophy, however.

DAY 88 | 10-5-2002

Comments.
      Today I work from 10-5. Thats definitely a long shift for me to work. I am really not looking forward to it that much to be completely honest but oh well. Its not like I dont enjoy my job its just like I feel like I am there an awful lot, thats all. Oh well. Anyway I put some gloss sh*t on my car yesterday to give it that brand new look. Looks very very good. I gotta admit that I really love my car.

Diet/Supplements.
      Preworkout: crushed pineapple, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx

During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt

Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein

Meal 4: Energade drink

Meal 5: 1 Balance Gold bar, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E

Meal 6: 2 Wendy's 5-piece chicken tenders, 1 Wendy's small frosty

Meal 7: organic popsicle

Meal 8: vitamin drink, organic tortilla chips

Meal 9: 1 Burger King 5-piece chicken tender, 1 Burger King onion ring, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX

Meal 10: 1 plum

Meal 11: whole-grain cereal + 1% milk

Meal 12: ice-cream

Hehe damn LOTTA meals today. Most of them were only around ~100-200 calories so its not really that big of a deal. Good amount of food today I think. Nothing too bad.

Estimated calories: ~3100

Good amount of calories today. Nothing too bad. I am trying to get around ~3000 every single day. Regardless of whether I workout or not thats the # that I am shooting for.

Pain/Soreness.
      Chest is sore today. Nothing extreme just some deep aching and all that. Triceps are a little stiff today too I think. My lower back also is a little tight, but again nothing too bad which is good.

Sleep.
      Last night I got 7 hours sleep. Slept well I think. Need to get this much sleep every single night I think. Need to keep it up.

Training. Back, Biceps.
      Pretty good workout today I guess I dont know. Didnt really increase in strength at all from last week except in BB curls, and that was only a 1/2 rep. I dont really think it means anything I cant expect to get stronger every single workout, plateaus are inevitable. Anyway I think that higher reps are better for hypertrophy. I am not sure how I have gathered this but when I am doing higher rep sets, my TUT is obviously more, and I just feel like I a stimulating my muscles more. I dont know how / why.

Wide-grip Underhand Chins:

-40 x 6, -20 x 3, BW x 2, +100 x 1.5, BW x 14

Good sets of chins today I think. Really hit my lats and all that very very hard. Started off with some easy warmups just to get the blood flowing and everything like that. Felt good. Lats were contracting hard even in my warmup sets. I feel like I am really getting in control of my lats. The way that I am in control of my pecs, biceps, etc. Anyways used -40 for 6, -20 for a triple, and BW for a double. Nice and easy. Jumped up to my heavy set, +100 lbs. Felt like a lot of weight as usual. Got a single rep without THAT much of a problem. When I went back up for my 2nd rep I got about halfway up and hit a horrible sticking point. I was stuck at the sticking point for a few seconds trying to force myself up but the strength just wasnt there. Oh well, I cant expect to increase in strength forever. Anyway, next set was brutal. Did some BW chins today. Shooting for higher reps. Got 14 reps with my BW, and damn my forearms and lats were shot. Grip was on fire. Thats where I feel like I felt it the most. Most of my reps were pretty dynamic but a few were slower, focusing on my back contractions. Both sets were good today though, thats for sure. Going to stick with these weights next week until I get at least a double with +100, and 20 reps with my BW.

Supported Underhand Rows:

285 x 1.5, 175 x 13

Good sets of support rows today. Started off with 285 lbs. Good weight I think. Same weight as last week, and the same reps unfortunately. 285 lbs. is a LOT of friggin' weight. When I took the weight off the rack it just felt like a million pounds. I didnt know if I was going to get one rep with it. I pulled one rep with 285, and then tried hard for a double. But again, the strength just wasnt there. Maybe next week Ill get 285 x 2. Hope so, well see. Anyways dropped to 175 for 13 reps. Wow. This set was f*cking hard as hell, ow. For some reason high reps for back exercises are a LOT tougher than high reps for any other bodypart. Well I havnt done legs yet so well see about that. Anyways used 175 lbs. which I didnt think was that much. Well it felt like a lot after I got 8-9 reps. My back was on fire. Lat contractions were good any all that but my midback was just burning. Good set. Going to keep both of these weights for next week.

Standing Barbell Curls:

155 x 1.5 (!), 85 x 13

Nice sets of curls today. New PB for biceps - but only by a 1/2 rep. Not big deal I dont think. I can tell that I was a bit stronger here than last week though. I couldnt even budge the 2nd rep last week. Today I got it halfway up. Started off with 155 for 1.5, good set. Cheated a bit but I am going for strength and size here, so form on BB curls really isnt my top priority. Little body English put it that way. Hopefully next week Ill get 155 x 2. Well see. Dropped to 85 lbs. for 13 reps. Crushed my biceps with this 2nd set, ow. Lactic acid buidup in my biceps was terrific. Great burn, awesome pump. Hehe. Staying with these weights for next week.

Incline Alternating Dumbbell Hammer Curls:

35 x 7

Nice set of hammers today. Really finished off my biceps 100%. Got a some good hard contractions in my brachialis and brachioradialis. Good pump in my biceps and all that. My biceps and brachialis and forearms were all dead after this set.

Training Length.
      Lasted 25 minutes today. Pretty brief I think. Not the greatest workout in the world but not horrible either. Didnt really increase in strength in any of my exercises but oh well. I am not really that dissapointed to be honest.

Weight.
      First thing in the morning, without clothes, after using the restroom, I weighed 201 lbs. Good weight this morning I think. Continuing to hover right around ~200-202 lbs. which is good. I dont want to much above or below this weight for the time being. I am really enjoying what I have been eating - damn. Fast food and all that crap tastes good as hell. Hehe I think that my girlfriend really likes that I can eat with her too. My baby.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-05-2002 at 10:05 PM.

Originally posted by MonStar
    Standing Barbell Curls:

155 x 1.5 (!), 85 x 13
    Nice curling MonStar. 155! Just keep breaking those personal bests.

jt
    Last edited by rookiebldr; 10-05-2002 at 07:49 AM.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Dont worry about not making headway in the workout, even the best of us have off days.

but be proud of your bb curls thats sweet! how come you do wide under-hand grip chins? do you find them more beneficial?

Have you got any pics of your g/f? ive been imagining what she looks like for a while now but still in the dark.

Keep it up

BR
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...