Page 53 of 59 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,325 of 1472

Thread: MonStar's FINAL Journal

Originally posted by Saturday Fever
    It will still be a powerlifting split, and structured in a Westside style. The routine I've been doing was a sample routine provided by Westside. The version I'm going to start using will just be slightly altered. I'm going to concentrate less on the sample routine I was given, and more on drawing up weaknesses. Next year I want to add at least 70 pounds to each of the 3 major lifts, so I'm going to have to busting serious ass.
    Jeez man 70 lbs. to each of your major lifts? Jesus---good luck with that SF. That comes out to what a minimum like you said of a 315 lbs. bench, 370 lbs. squat, and a 415 lbs. deadlift? Those are some damn impressive numbers if you achieve them man. Especially the 315 lbs. bench. That would be crazy. Well you have to achieve the goals you have now before you can achieve any other goals. Good luck man---Westside seems to be working well for you.

Jack's Utter Surprise Saturday Fever's Avatar
    Well, I'm being a bit more ambitious than that even. Call me crazy, but my goals for the end of next year are:

Bench: 405 in 2003
    Squat: 500 in 2003
    Deads: 550 in 2003

Think I have enough work ahead of me?

***edit: I got these goals in mind because I've seen what Belial has done. According to his journal, on 5-31-2001 these were his lifts:

BB bench: 225
    Dips: 3x20
    Pulldown: 200 lbs
    pull-ups: 3x20
    Full squat: 225 (shaddap)
    Deadlift: 300

Now I'm not demeaning Belial's original numbers, but for him to have taken these numbers on 5-31-2001 to what they are now does nothing but tell me my goals are possible.
    Last edited by Saturday Fever; 10-11-2002 at 03:29 PM.

Well, I'm being a bit more ambitious than that even. Call me crazy, but my goals for the end of next year are:

Bench: 405 in 2003
    Squat: 500 in 2003
    Deads: 550 in 2003

Think I have enough work ahead of me?
    Now those are some f*cking goals! Damn you arent kidding when you say youre being ambitious. Holy f*ck. Good luck achieving them man---they seem a little unrealistic to be completely honest, but go for it man. I am not going to discourage you at all. Go all out and set your mind to it. Go for 315 by mid-2003 and 405 by the end of 2003.

***edit: I got these goals in mind because I've seen what Belial has done. According to his journal, on 5-31-2001 these were his lifts:

BB bench: 225
    Dips: 3x20
    Pulldown: 200 lbs
    pull-ups: 3x20
    Full squat: 225 (shaddap)
    Deadlift: 300

Now I'm not demeaning Belial's original numbers, but for him to have taken these numbers on 5-31-2001 to what they are now does nothing but tell me my goals are possible.
    Yeah I know Belial's journal has some real blood & guts in it if you ask me. He has some from 180 lbs. to around 220 lbs. in that one journal---and doubled his strength practically. I mean if you have the time to read his whole journal its truly motivational. I have read a lot of it before. I try to keep up with it on a regular basis. The guys strength now is awesome---+150-160 or some sh*t on chins, 325 or higher bench, 200 lbs. one-arm DB rows, etc. etc. the list goes out as you know.

Its a lot of fun here at WBB competing with Belial, and chris mason, and some others. Hehe---makes everything like one big competition.

DAY 95 | 10-12-2002

General Comments.
    Today I work from 9:30-5:00. Jeez that is one hell of a shift Ill tell ya. I must be lazy or something because anymore than a 5-hour shift is such a killer for me to work. I dont even know why its just completely exausting. I start to feel like I am at work all day etc. etc. Anyway looking forward to seeing my girlfriend when I get out of work today.

DAMN did my girlfriend make me feel good yesterday!! We we watching a movie and she was like, "Mike your back looks huge." and I was like "Huh?"---and she goes "Your back looks like 3-feet wide I am serious." I was SO friggin' happy. Maybe this focus on growing massive lats is going to pay off. Damn I will be happy as hell if it does pay off, jeez what a great feeling.

Pain/Soreness.
    Feel pretty damn sore today actually. I am not sure why. Chest and triceps are pretty damn sore---and so are my lats and my biceps. Both are tense. Nothing real extreme though which is good. Overall I just feel FAT today.. Took in WAY too many calories last night. Ate a lot of Domino's pizza and soda, big mistake. Now I feel like a fat slob.

Diet/Supplements.
    • Meal 1: Opti-Pro MRP + 1 banana + 1% milk, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX
      Meal 2: organic soda, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 3: organic soda, grilled double-cheeseburger
      Meal 4: 1 organic popsicle
      Meal 5: 1 Luna bar
      Meal 6: 1 Burger King hershey pie, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX
      Meal 7: 1 Butterfinger bar
      Meal 8: 12" hot ham & cheese sub, soda

Estimated Calories: ~3500

Training. Rest.
    • N/A.

Training Length: N/A.
    Sleep: 2 + 5 hours
    Weight: 202.5 lbs.

Miscellaneous.
    Rest day today which should be nice. My chest and triceps really need it before tomorrow morning's delt and trap session. Anyways sleep SUCKED. Slept 2 hours at my girlfriend's place and then woke up and drove home and slept another 5 hours. I hate broken up sleep but oh well. Weighed a bit more than yesterday today. I am hoping that its just water weight but who knows---I ate a lot of friggin' Domino's last night. What a stupid f*ck. Just ~2000 calories over what I should have taken in.

On another note my midsection looked DAMN good in the mirror this morning. Soft, still, but abs werent looking damn good considering what the f*ck I ate yesterday.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-15-2002 at 06:56 AM.

Don't worry about the diet mike we all do it sometimes, just get back on track over the next week.

It's great when you get praise i.e. off g/f, relatives, mates etc... it boosts your confidence big time, i live off praise and when i recieve it my workouts improve no end.

Hope you achive ur 3 ft back sometime soon, later bro.

BR
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

Originally posted by Big-Ron
    Don't worry about the diet mike we all do it sometimes, just get back on track over the next week.
    Yeah I am going to try hard to get my sh*t back together. Even though its tough. Last night I ate ~3500 calories when I only should have taken in around ~3000. Oh well. Diet really isnt mattering that much to me as winter approaches. More clothes, so I can hide fat better. And also I want to get some more size on me. Sometimes Ill see guys who look a bit bigger than me on TV or something and start to think I am far from big enough.

It's great when you get praise i.e. off g/f, relatives, mates etc... it boosts your confidence big time, i live off praise and when i recieve it my workouts improve no end.
    Yeah that does make you feel good doesnt it? I seem to always get comments about my body from people who come into my work or whatever---I feel like its all the time. I am not being cocky I am just being honest. Well when a guy is looking for a supplement to gain size he typically will ask me right away, etc. Things like that.

Hope you achive ur 3 ft back sometime soon, later bro.

BR
    Hehe, my girlfriend is great. She said she was totally xerious. I wasnt flexing my back or anything. Damn that made me feel good. I hope that my back grows like crazy in the next few months. I want a HUGE massive back. Nothing looks better than huge wide delts, and huge wide lats.

DAY 96 | 10-13-2002

General Comments.
    Feel good today. Spent around 1.5 hours washing my car this morning hehe---DAMN it looks good though Jesus. I mean it looks like I just got it. I washed the rims and tires spotless and cleaned it so perfect. I mean the entire car looks incredible. I used this stuff called "Quick Detail" that gives it that real glossy finish. Looks great now---it will probably rain tonight though haha.. sh*t like that always happens to me.

I dont know what the F*CK my problem has been the past few days!! I ate like ~5000 calories a few days ago, then around ~3500, and today around f*cking ~6000 if not more. Jesus!! I have got to get my godd*mn sh*t together. I do NOT want to get fat this fall / winter like I did last winter. Stupid me.

Pain/Soreness.
    Feel good today. I am not extremely sore at all. Some mild sorness. My midback is really sore for some reason. My lats feel okay but my midback is whats really aching. Like right in the dead center of my back I am hurting. Good soreness though.

Diet/Supplements.
    • Preworkout: 1 apple, orange juice, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx
      During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt
      Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein
      Meal 4: pudding, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 5: Tootsie Rolls, lemonade
      Meal 6: 5 slices pizza, soda, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 1 Vasopro, 1 Xenadrine EFX
      Meal 7: 10 vanilla cookies, 10 peanut butter cookies
      Meal 8: ice-cream

Estimated Calories: ~6000 tuttuttuttut

Training. Delts, Traps, Abs.
    • Seated Behind-neck Barbell Presses:

95 x 6, 135 x 3, 155 x 2, 200 x 2 (assist), 145 x 8

Some really really good sets of BTN presses today. Really crushed my delts completely. Felt it a little bit in my middle traps too. Not sure why. Oh well. Anyways got some really hard contractions. Flexed my delts hard through all of my sets---even my warmups. Started off with 95 for 6, 135 for a triple, and 155 for a double. Good sets. Jumped up to 200 lbs., up 5 lbs. from last week, for 2 assisted rep. I probably got about 1/2 way up on the first rep by myself and I just died. My spotter eased me through my sticking point and I was fine. 2nd rep I was just dead. I mean I was really really friggin' exausted. Didnt get any of that rep at all. Spotter didnt help much AT ALL though. He said he just helped enough to get the bar moving. Next set dropped to 145 for 8. Good set here. Feel very strong with 145 lbs. Nice delt contractions, etc.

Wide-grip Barbell Upright Rows:

155 x 1.5 (!), 115 x 7.5

Some good hard sets of upright rows today. I actually used the exact same grip that I use for bench presses and BTN presses with this exercise. My ROM maybe a little shorter but DAMN I can feel this exercise in my side delts. Completely. Good exercise. Little bit of mild discomfort in my left wrist but nothing too big of a deal at all. Good sets. Started off with 155 lbs.---my PB obviously, for 1.5 reps. Good set here. I am going to make my goal for January 1st, 2003, 185 x 2. That seems reasonable but not TOO far out of my reach. Dropped down to 115 for 7.5 for my 2nd set. This set was really really good I thought. Crushed my delts completey.

Dumbbell Shrugs:

95 x 7, 95 x 7

Some good HARD sets of DB shrugs today. Really hit my traps hard. Really stretched my traps out completely at the bottom of each rep and squeezed them hard at the top of each rep. Nice sets. Got 7 and 7 reps which was good I think. Last week I got 7/6 and today I got 7/7. Maybe next week Ill get 8/7, well see. Grip is a limiting factor unfortunately. My forearms get a deep burning feeling at the end of each set.

Machine Crunches:

180 x 9, 180 x 8

Good way to finish off my workout today I think. Hit my midsection hard with some good sets of machine crunches. Got some excellent contractions. Nice burn in my abs. Great lactic acid buildup. Up a rep from last week which is nice. Going to keep the same weight next week---until I get 10/10.

Training Length: 20 minutes
    Sleep: 7.5 hours
    Weight: 202 lbs.

Miscellaneous.
    Good workout this morning. Only lasted 20 minutes long which was good I think. I expected it to be a little bit shorter actually. Oh well. Slept well last night which was nice, got a good solid 7.5 hours of sleep. Need to be sure to get this kind of sleep every single night, no matter what. Weighed 202 this morning which really isnt bad I dont think. Considering I was a bit over my intended calories yesterday. Its all good. I am concerned mostly with strength right now, although I dont want to get fat.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-15-2002 at 06:55 AM.

Good lifting the last few days. When the weekend dies and I have time to read back, I'll comment more, but the latest shoulders workout looks solid. How'd the uprights feel?

Good lifting the last few days. When the weekend dies and I have time to read back, I'll comment more, but the latest shoulders workout looks solid. How'd the uprights feel?
    Thanks for the comments SF. Yeah my workouts have been okay I guess. My diet has SUCKED though---far too many godd*mn calories. Oh well. I guess its not THAT big of a deal but Jesus do I fee lfat today. ~6000 calories today!! Anyway man yeah the upright rows feel great actually. I feel the movement in my delts almost completely. Great exercise man. Ill give it a few weeks and let you know how its working for my delt development.

Mike there couldn't be more than 30 or 40 grams of protein in your meals on your 10/13 entry.
    "damn...can't beat logic like that.
    NAte is exactly right." - Tryska

Originally posted by NateDogg
    Mike there couldn't be more than 30 or 40 grams of protein in your meals on your 10/13 entry.
    Actually a little closer to ~70-80g but thats still WAY too low. Each slice of pizza was around ~12-14g of protein. Jesus my diet the past few days has SUCKED big time. I mean its seriously really really sickening to be honest. I need to get my godd*mn sh*t together. And stop f*cking around. Its really pissing me off I am starting to feel out of control again like I was with the binges.

Need to make sure that I DO NOT go above ~3000 calories.

Originally posted by MonStar

Actually a little closer to ~70-80g but thats still WAY too low. Each slice of pizza was around ~12-14g of protein. Jesus my diet the past few days has SUCKED big time. I mean its seriously really really sickening to be honest. I need to get my godd*mn sh*t together. And stop f*cking around. Its really pissing me off I am starting to feel out of control again like I was with the binges.

Need to make sure that I DO NOT go above ~3000 calories.
    Oh, ok. Seriously, I know you had trouble with binging. However, I do not think that just eating crappy food ALL THE TIME, is the solution to that. Just my $.02, I can't argue with the gains you have made!

Oh, ok. Seriously, I know you had trouble with binging. However, I do not think that just eating crappy food ALL THE TIME, is the solution to that. Just my $.02, I can't argue with the gains you have made!
    Its not even about the crappy eating ND---I really couldnt care less about my EXACT food choices as long as I get the bare essentials for growth. Hehe chicken & rice and steak & potatoes arent necessary for growth like some people think. Anyway the essentials---surplus protein and calories. I want 200g+ of protein everyday and around ~3000 calories everyday. If I get that much from Taco Bell or Burger King or whatever it doesnt seem to effect me much. As long as I STAY within my caloric guidelines.

This diet has worked out GREAT for me the past few months so I cannot be d*cking it up now by binging on total crap. Stupid f*cking me---I piss myself off sometimes.

Good points.

Good points.
    Thanks ND.

I am not trying to say that diet isnt important by any means. I am just saying that I dont think that every little thing matters. Your body doesnt say---wow since I just got chicken and rice I am going to burn fat and build muscle. Your body works on calories in vs. calories out in my eyes. Protein is protein, carbs are carbs, and fat is fat. And most importantly calories are calories. Obviously a diet of straight sugar isnt a good idea, but I think you get the basis of what I am saying.

I do feel that diet is crucial though. I think that training and diet are 50/50---you cant have one without the other. Without proper training you wont make optimal gains, and without sufficient calories you wont make optimal gains. Just my $.02.

I would go even further and say that for bodybuilding, diet is 90% and training is 10%.

For strength training, I think it is a little bit more even, but in bodybuilding, the diet is definitely the key.

I would go even further and say that for bodybuilding, diet is 90% and training is 10%.

For strength training, I think it is a little bit more even, but in bodybuilding, the diet is definitely the key.
    I dont know if I would take it that far SF. Only because how are you going to get gains if you dont train properly? I mean diet maybe a large factor yes---but proper training is also important. A guy who trains his chest 7 days a week isnt going to make gains regardless of how he eats. Just my opinion.

A guy who trains his chest 7 days a week isnt going to make gains regardless of how he eats.
    Not necessarily. If you trained your chest with one set to a point well short of failure every day and ate a lot of food, I bet you'd grow and get stronger from it.

Think about a carpenter that swings a hammer all day. Does the same movement every day (i.e. benching every day, curling every day, etc...) and on average, his forearms get thick and strong. Look at some pics of a Blacksmith back in the day, huge forearms. Same movement every day, all day.

Don't know why I threw that in, just sparked something in my head.

Yeah but a guy with a great routine and bad diet goes nowhere. I say bodybuilding is 90% diet because bodybuilding is all about the look. The lean, cut look. We can all eat anything we want, and train the right way, and we may gain weight. And some of it might be muscle. But to refer to it as bodybuilding, triggers a reference to guys competing with no bodyfat and being dehydrated, etc. When I hear bodybuilding on this site, I think of guys like BigChase. Guys who put so much effort into dieting, because that's what it takes to be there.

I think there is a thin line between bodybuilding/weightlifting/powerlifting, and this site crosses over it and back all the time. Guys who are "bodybuilders" worry about how much weight they can get up. Guys who want to bench big but not sacrifice pec development. That's not a bad thing by any means, I'm just trying to explain my perception of what bodybuilding is.

Originally posted by Otter
    Not necessarily. If you trained your chest with one set to a point well short of failure every day and ate a lot of food, I bet you'd grow and get stronger from it.
    Eh, maybe I dont know Otter. 7 days a week is a lot of friggin' chest contractions of the course of a month for example. One set a day isnt what I said though. Proper training maybe one set a day. I say inproper training. Maybe 6-10 sets of chest every single day.

Think about a carpenter that swings a hammer all day. Does the same movement every day (i.e. benching every day, curling every day, etc...) and on average, his forearms get thick and strong. Look at some pics of a Blacksmith back in the day, huge forearms. Same movement every day, all day.
    Yeah I know I have heard about this analogy before. I cant really explain this. The only thing that I can think of is how long does it take a carpenter to achieve thick forearms? Months? Years? Certainly not weeks and probably not months. I mean look at brick-layers. After years they develop thick meaty forearms. One of my relatives is a brick-layer.

Don't know why I threw that in, just sparked something in my head.
    Hehe its all good man.

Yeah but a guy with a great routine and bad diet goes nowhere. I say bodybuilding is 90% diet because bodybuilding is all about the look. The lean, cut look. We can all eat anything we want, and train the right way, and we may gain weight. And some of it might be muscle. But to refer to it as bodybuilding, triggers a reference to guys competing with no bodyfat and being dehydrated, etc. When I hear bodybuilding on this site, I think of guys like BigChase. Guys who put so much effort into dieting, because that's what it takes to be there.
    Good, good, point SF. I can understand more what youre saying now. Yeah a "bodybuilder" so to speak is someone who competes at a competition. That is FAR from what I do, or what I want to do. I workout as a hobby. Not to achieve a shredded physique, but because I enjoy it. So I dont know what I would fall under. Certainly not BigChaseyChase or any of them. I dont really know where I would fall under. I guess I train for size and strength, but not for the chislled look at all.

I think there is a thin line between bodybuilding/weightlifting/powerlifting, and this site crosses over it and back all the time. Guys who are "bodybuilders" worry about how much weight they can get up. Guys who want to bench big but not sacrifice pec development. That's not a bad thing by any means, I'm just trying to explain my perception of what bodybuilding is.
    Yeah I DO understand what youre saying SF. There is a very fine line between bodybuilding and strength-training and powerlifting, etc. Exactly a guy who is a TRUE bodybuilder couldnt care less about how much weight is on the bar, he is going for chest contractions and thats it. I am more of the type that wants a LOT of weight on the bar, and some huge pecs pressing that weight up.

DAY 97 | 10-14-2002

General Comments.
    Feel FAT today---really friggin' fat. This sucks so much because I honestly HATE this feeling more than anything in the world. Took in ~6000 f*cking calories yesterday. What a stupid a*shole. How could I be so godd*mn stupid!? Its actually really sickening I mean to think that I could eat like that makes me so mad. No discipline, no nothing. Just being a total friggin' a*shole. I think I am going to start up regular Xenadrine again, that always worked well as an appetite supressant.

Pain/Soreness.
    Damn I am sore today!! Traps and delts are KILLING me, ow. Front and side delts are completely shot. I mean theyre hurting like crazy. My traps are also hurting big time. It must have been those damn heavy WG upright rows.

Diet/Supplements.
    • Preworkout: 1 banana, orange juice, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 5cc Liquid Clenbutrx
      During Workout: 20 oz. Gatorade + 5g creatine + 5g glutamine + 1/2 tsp. salt
      Postworkout: 1/2 serving Cell-Tech + 500 mg. ALA, 1 serving whey protein
      Meal 4: 1 Luna bar, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E
      Meal 5: organic cereal + rice milk + dry papaya fruit
      Meal 6: soy protein shake, multi-vitamin/mineral, 1g vitamin C, 400 IU vitamin E, 2 Xenadrine RFA-1
      Meal 7: 2 Taco Bell supreme beef gorditas
      Meal 8: Raisin Bran + skim milk

Estimated Calories: ~3000

Training. Quads, Hamstrings, Calves.
    • Squats (deep):

135 x 6, 225 x 3, 315 x 2, 405 x 3 (!), 315 x 6

Good HARD sets of squats today, damn. Started off with some easy warmups, 135 for 6, 225 for a triple, and 315 for a double. Nice and slow going very very deep just getting in the swing of things. Jumped up to my first workset which is 405 lbs. Got a triple with 405! New PB! I was happy about this. Nice and deep and really crushing my lower body completely. Going to probably shoot for 410-415 next week for 2-3 reps. Well see what happens with that. A lot of squats to me is psychological. I mean if I using breathing techniques and just bust through sticking points and all that---I can see myself hitting 455 x 2 by January 1st. Well see what happens. Dropped down to three plates per side. 315 for 6 was a b*tch. Good heavy breathing during this set which helped my strength out I think. Nice contractions in my quads and all that. Good overall set. Going to keep 315 for my 2nd workset next week.

Good Mornings:

300 x 4 (!), 215 x 8

Nice set here of GMs---hit my lower back and my hamstrings very very hard. Used 300 lbs. for my first set for 4 reps! New PB. I was happy about this. Feel pretty confident in my strength now with 300 lbs. I am probably going to up it to 305-310 next week. Not quite ready for my goal weight yet which is 315 x 2. I should get that by the middle of November though if everything goes as planned. Dropped to 215 for 8. Damn this set was a B*TCH! Lots of heavy breathing and all that. An exausting set. Good ROM and really felt this exercise in my hamstrings, damn. Good overall set though. Really like GMs, much more than SLDL. Not sure why.

Seated Calf Raises:

180 x 22, 180 x 20, 180 x 18

Nice sets of calf raises today. Really burned the sh*t outta my lower legs. Used 180 lbs. as usual and got 22 reps off the start. Then got 20, then 18. Great lactic acid buildup in my calves. Rest periods in between these sets was minimal. Probably ~30 seconds I would say. Something along those lines. Anyway nice hard sets. I am thinking that my calves will grow some seated calf raises. My soleus muscles are looking awful tiny so hopefully these sets will help.

Training Length: 20 minutes
    Sleep: 7.5 hours
    Weight: 202.5 lbs.

Miscellaneous.
    Workout was fairly quick today I think. Not a ton of rest periods in between sets. I mean probably a good 60-90 seconds I would say. Slept well last night I think, woke up once. Its all good though. I am actually VERY surprised at my weight this morning. Only up a 1/2 lbs. from yesterday. Very strange. Because yesterday I took in a good ~6000 calories like a fat a*shole. What a stupid move on my part---seriously.

Interesting thing happened this morning at the gym. I decided to weigh myself on the gym scale with clothes and sneakers and I weighed 209 lbs. Thats a big difference. I am thinking that my scale maybe down a lbs. or two. Maybe, I have to take into consideration that I had eaten after I weighed myself, plus clothes. I dont know just an observation.
    Last edited by MonStar; 10-15-2002 at 06:44 AM.

The only thing that I can think of is how long does it take a carpenter to achieve thick forearms? Months? Years? Certainly not weeks and probably not months. I mean look at brick-layers. After years they develop thick meaty forearms.
    Possibly, but in that same vein, some people don't EVER gain size training the traditional once per week, 12 set workout either, so who knows?

How many threads have you seen asking how to get big, thick forearms? Most people have a hard time developing that part. Same could go for chest, but I don't think anyone has the balls to try training one set per day short of failure.

I'm going to make an observation for your journal.

Took in ~6000 f*cking calories yesterday.
    And then...

Got a triple with 405! New PB!
    And still further...

Used 300 lbs. for my first set for 4 reps! New PB.

Originally posted by Otter
    Possibly, but in that same vein, some people don't EVER gain size training the traditional once per week, 12 set workout either, so who knows?
    I dont understand what youre saying Otter I am sorry. Some people never gain training the traditional way? I have never heard of anything traditional. I mean theres the style in the bodybuilding magazines which is 12-20 sets per bodypart if thats what youre referring to. But I dont consider that tradtional. I consider that to be bullsh*t personally.

And if you train CORRECTLY. Correctly in my eyes is low-volume, for a natural of course, and try to progressively get stronger every week---I dont see how its possible not to grow. But who knows. Thats just my opinion.

How many threads have you seen asking how to get big, thick forearms? Most people have a hard time developing that part. Same could go for chest, but I don't think anyone has the balls to try training one set per day short of failure.
    You dont think that anyone has the balls to train one set short of failure for chest? I think that youre mistaken Otter. Most guys on this site will do whatever it takes (hopefully short of steroids) to get big. I think that most guys on this site would inevitably train everyday short of failure if that meant that they would gain size more rapidly. I am not sure how many would do it though because they probably wouldnt believe it would work.

Big forearms are tough to come by I guess and a lot of that has to do with genetics, etc. Some guys train their calves hard and consistently for years with NO progress at all. Genetics can be a b*tch.