Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new life and training/diet program

Wannabebig Member

My new life and training/diet program

Hello All:

view this thread at elitefitness.com to understand why i am starting this journal:

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...hreadid=182390

-basically my good diet and training program when to **** last month after falling in to a severe depression -girl/school/anxiety issues. my stats in late august of 2002 were: 178 bf 8-10% (ripped)as of october 17th im 195 15% bodyfat?

Basically ive decided i need to get it out to the rest of the world in order to keep me motivated and on track, i need support. The stress of school, breaking up with my girlfriend and loosing my gains all pissed me off. So im going to log my training and diet in this journal. I will begin it on Friday October 18th.
    Later today i will list my goals and plans.

Ive never posted on these forum, but i do frequent elitefitness, i have however spent hours reading here, and i do like the journal set up, please feel free to offer suggestions or opions along the way.

Welcome and good luck man!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Wannabebig Member
    10/17

began thursday morning by finishing off what was left over from my binge on wednesday night, his is what i hope to be the last of my eating problem.
    4 pieces of bread @ 140 cal a slice
    2 Tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 box of mini wheats

took 2 exams---------decided to change things around, thus this journal

still all bloated from lastnight/morning

food consumed after above:
    1:00pm myoplex

3:00-4:00 Skated @ Ice arena, noticed how out of shape i felt, how heavy i was on the ice

waited to eat-had class from 5 - 6:30

6:30pm mypolex (seems to be the only thing besides oatmeal @ my place)

7:30 1/2 CUP OATmeaL 1 scoop eas whey (1/2 serv)

--as of now my eating schedule is all messed up, from my bloated uncomfortable feeling,

hoping to get back to 3hr intervals again tomorrow

11:00 1 cup of egg beaters

1 tbsp flax

Notes:

well today was all messed up because i felt like crap from eating bad last night, my "new" program was supposed to start tomorrow anyhow, i did manage to control my self and not
    splurge ---one last time (ha, said that numerous times) because im telling myself tomorrow is a new day. I did however watch my housemate consume 8 dollars worth of burger king right
    in front of me. It seems like i haven't eaten much at all today, im fine with that after my

3 weeks of extreame gluttoney.

was planning on working out but decided i should get some decent sleep, i would've finished

working out @ midnight.

Tomorrow im planning on waking up to some Am cardio to start things off. Then eating 6 or 7

meals, and working out back bis and abs in the afternoon.

My diet will be more balanced tomorrow, and better analysis can be made from that, what i ate today was not my usual in my good states of eating.

-till then, crunch

Energizer Bunnie
    If support is what you want then you have certainly come to the right place....plenty of "guru's" here to steer you in the right direction...

Good luck

btw...just read that link you posted... I too have had trouble with binge eating in the past - comfort eating I like to call it... The first step to dealing with it is to acknowledge it - which you have done quite aptly. I also agree with the general consensus that in order to curb it you must break the pattern BEFORE you begin a binge...

Just remember we are all here to support you
    Last edited by Franjipani; 10-17-2002 at 10:18 PM.
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Wannabebig Member
    this is great, i know that with you guys on these boards i can do this things...in reguards to my binge eating, i just snacked on my some baby carrots and feel satisfied, i never imagnined somethingl like this could ever happen to me, in that sense i mean letting a small slip turn in to a land slide, with this I AM GOING TO CLIMB BACK AND BEYOND THE SHAPE I WAS IN just a month ago. thanks all! im looking forward to tomorrow.

Wannabebig Member
    Saturday:
    low carb'ed all day
    took in eggs/flax/chicken

Sunday: 10/20
    am cardio: stairmaster 30min

diet: meal one after am cardio
    1 cup egg beater
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup wheat bran
    1 tbsp flax

workout- chest tri shoulders

2 serverings phosphagen hp
    30g whey protein
    5g glutamine

1 can tuna w/broccli

1 cup egg beaters
    20g whey

1 cup egg beaters
    cucumber/salsa
    1tbsp flax

overall low on protien intake...might add some more tonight before bead, woke up late so fiting in meals was all messed up. good workout though, decent cardio, abs was good. -cals low, ok, trying to get back to 180 from 193

Wannabebig Member
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1 cup egg beaters
    1 tbsp flax
    10g whey

myoplex

myoplex
    brocolii

---------------workout LEGS

2 servings phosphagen
    20 whey
    1/2 cup egg beater

-------------------------alright pretty good day, all i need is 32g to hit 180g of protein, ill have some more egg beaters tonight. feelin good. great workout. abs are sore from yesterday, back sore from 2 days ago. YES! This is what i need.

weighed in @ 191 (ouch)

later yall.

Hi Crunch,

Welcome to the board!!

It's very rare that people are actually honest about the extent of their binge eating. Therefore you just end up feeling completely alone when you do overeat.... which most of the time just leads to more eating! So, congratulations on being so honest (especially with your posts at Elite).

Crunch, please just realise that it may take longer than you think to "get over" this. It is very rare, if not impossible for someone to wake up one morning and be "cured". The best advice i can give you is DON'T DIET! i am far from perfect with my eating (having battled every different type of eating disorder for as long as i can remember), but the minute i stopped being so obsessive about EVERYTHING i put in my mouth, was the minute my binge eating got noticably rarer.

I look forward to reading "your road to recovery"!!
    'No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.'
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by crunch

---------------workout LEGS
    Congrats on starting a journal. People here are great and will provide good insight toward controlling your binges and helping you progress along with the occasional spam. Post your leg workout. It'll help out too.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Wannabebig Member
    Leg workout from today:

3 X 10 seated calf raise
    3 X 10 standing one leg dumbell raises
    4X 8-10 Squats
    3X 10 Hack squats
    3X 8-10 leg extensions
    15 min stairmaster

I am trying to lose the body fat I gained while keeping my strength, ive lost so much of it from cutting all summer, and then foolishly packing on the fat. I am lifting hard.

My im trying to keep my diet like around 200g Pro 150 Carb 30g fat, all the fat is from flax seed. -or whatever the 1g or so is in oatmeal. My cals should be around 1900 - im taking cla @ 4g a day, and 10g of glutamine a day.

Its been 3 days without a binge right now. sat, sun, mon have all been clean diet days. YES! Im proud of that, i know once this fat starts melting off it will motivate me, im coming
    out of my depression so i know it can drop the weight, and then add that lean muscle mass i want.

-took down 2 cups of egg beaters and some brocclii and cucumber tonight, will wash down some flax and call it a night then.

Thanks guys, -ill post more detailed workouts if that will help.

So your cutting, is that right?

Wannabebig Member
    yes, im cutting.

Energizer Bunnie
    Its been 3 days without a binge right now. sat, sun, mon have all been clean diet days. YES! Im proud of that, i know once this fat starts melting off it will motivate me, im coming
    out of my depression so i know it can drop the weight, and then add that lean muscle mass i want.
    Go u good thing !!!!
    "Happiness is not an accident. Nor is it something you wish for. Happiness is something you design." Jim Rohn

A Work In Progress....II

DailyDiet

Wannabebig Member
    woke up @ 7am to hit up some cardio
    30min
    (20 on stairmaster, 10 walking @ incline on tredmill)

8:45 meal 1:
    1/2 cup oatmeal
    1/4 cup wheat bran
    1 cup egg beater
    1 tbsp flax

11:00
    Myoplex
    1 tbsp pshylum husk fiber

3:00
    Myoplex
    1 tbsp pshylum husk fiber

Wannabebig Member
    7:00
    2 chicken breast
    broclli

8:00
    1 cup egg beaters

10:00--will have
    1 cup egg beaters
    1 tbsp flax

tuesday: hell yes, another good diet day, also on the low side with cals. ive gotten a lot of support from other people which is motivating me to keep focused.
    im very anxious to loss this fat.
    -i just hope im not setting myself up for another BINGE, by strict dieting again.

Doing real well Crunch!

-i just hope im not setting myself up for another BINGE, by strict dieting again.
    I don't think so.... unless you're constantly hungry..... hmmm, the cals do seem pretty low though.

But you haven't binged for A....G.....E....S!!!!

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Wannabebig Member
    set my self up for a small binge: damit!!!!!!!
    went out to the bar, did NOT drink.
    came home and ate this:
    1 1/2 servings whey 165c
    2 cups egg beaters 240c
    2 chicken breasts 220c
    a bunch of stirfry veges: 50c

not bad i guess, its kept almost within my cal range for the day...im still disapointed in myself. At least i kept it lower carb, and high protien, not a lot of sugar. right now im sooooo tempted to just blow it all again, i could easily throw back a bunch of oatmeal to top it all off, to make me sick, but i feel full now...some reason i want to feel extreamly full. damn this is the hardest thing ive done since kicking a xanax addiction.
    thats 675 cals in a sitting tonight-300 of legit cals that i would consider a meal, i guess its not too bad, very mild compared to my other binges, i made 4 protien pancakes, and then had the chicken.
    I DID HOWEVER OVEREAT in just a meal...even though it was clean food.
    thats enough for tonight, i feel guilty just from this:::::::::::::::::::::::: those bulking would laugh but im trying to control my cals intensely right now.

Hang in there Crunch! It's a good idea that you're here when you feel like this.... to take your mind off food! Even better, go to sleep early... that's the best way to fight off a binge!
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Wannabebig Member
    alright i just woke up, still pissed about overeating last night, it wasnt a bad binge though, thats for sure

not very motivated this morning, as i sip my green tea typing this: ive got to get in my morning cardo before my class.

aiming for a least 30min of moderate intensity, if not 40min.

goals for today:
    eat 6 clean meals, stay around cal intake of 2000
    am cardio
    Ab work
    possible chest/tri/shoulder workout, depending on how i feel -soreness wise.

im updating as the day progresses, it keeps me on track more than just one post @ night.

Wannabebig Member
    cardio finished:

30min walking on an incline
    10min running @ 6.8

good.-throat scratchy from social smoking @ the bar last night
    dont even know why i do it.

not going to do chest/tri/sho but back and bis...did chest not to long ago.

im waiting to eat meal 1 now

Wannabebig Member
    meal 1: oatmeal/egg beaters/flax

meal 2:
    myoplex

meal 3:
    myoplex

meal 4:
    oatmeal
    whey
    ----------------workout
    meal 5
    phosphagen HP
    30g whey

Wannabebig Member
    meal 6:

1 cup egg beaters
    brocz
    1tbsp flax

note: cals good, no binge today, trying to melt this fat off. low motivation today @ all but manage a decent workout.

back/bis/abs

Wannabebig Member
    woke up @ 8am
    no cardo this morning, too tired-hard a good workout yesterday with cardo so today i might wait untill the pm.

goals for today:
    eat 6 meals
    -possible cardio in the pm

waiting for my green tea right now.

Wannabebig Member
    alright thursday october 24
    sleep: 11-8 -good
    too tired to do am cardio
    meal 1:
    oatmeal/flax/eggbeater
    meal 2:
    myplex
    meal 3:
    oatmeal/tuna
    ------------------------all good, no urges to binge @ all, had a nightmare last night about it though. weird. I remember someone forcing me to eat pumpkin cake, and i was so pissed about it.
    hoping to doing some cardio tonight.
    no one seems to be replying but i dont care, at least im on track

i tend to wake up at night and eat. I have no control over it, it sucks. its the hunger kicks in at night. i wake up at say 3 am and go automatic to the frig. open it eat whatever is their. HATE IT!

p.s dont sweat it, i dont get any riplies either...this helps me mark my progress and not cheat as much!
    Last edited by beastin v6; 10-24-2002 at 03:23 PM.