Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: Training video with a new twist - added in audio

  1. #1
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,379

    Training video with a new twist - added in audio

    New experiment with my video. Decided to video a little from each exercise instead of just bench. Also threw in some audio to explain the what and why.



    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    508
    The Cult is always cool...
    The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,031
    Cool Vid. Solid beard!
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

    Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

    Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

  4. #4
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock1984 View Post
    The Cult is always cool...
    The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.
    The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    508
    Ok, I didn't know this! Thanks for the clarification.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Out there... like ****in' Pluto man...
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.
    Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

    You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

    Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...
    Last edited by Judas; 11-19-2012 at 03:18 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    553
    I think some people aren't used to seeing an arm with meat on it. Every press looked completely locked out. Great video, I really liked seeing the lighter assistance stuff too.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator vdizenzo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    5,379
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Cool Vid. Solid beard!
    Nicest thing you could have said to me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

    You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

    Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...
    I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.


    Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

    My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

    "The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

  9. #9
    Senior Member Judas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Out there... like ****in' Pluto man...
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.
    Damn... i was hoping this was something that developed over the years as you got stronger, and you could give me some tips (ie: what not to do) to avoid it. Its getting bad enough i cant even train triceps anymore, and its starting to affect my bench. I DONT want to become one ov those lifters that cant lock out their arms...

  10. #10
    Senior Member larsen540's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    582
    Good stuff Vin
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,031
    [QUOTE=vdizenzo;2598885]Nicest thing you could have said to me.



    I am to please!
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

    Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

    Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-20-2010, 11:09 AM
  2. Need help editing video/audio software
    By BFGUITAR in forum General Chat
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
  3. Getting BGB added to the WBB training routines
    By Questor in forum Bodybuilding & Weight Training
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-21-2006, 04:02 PM
  4. Funny Video/Pics/Audio
    By Gyno Rhino in forum General Chat
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2005, 11:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •