Thread: Training video with a new twist - added in audio

Training video with a new twist - added in audio

New experiment with my video. Decided to video a little from each exercise instead of just bench. Also threw in some audio to explain the what and why.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

My Training Log , My Youtube Videos

"The weak will never understand" - Vincent Dizenzo

The Cult is always cool...
    The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.

Cool Vid. Solid beard!
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS

Quote Originally Posted by Rock1984 View Post
    The Cult is always cool...
    The way I see it -and I'm a way weaker and less experienced lifter - your lockout issue doesn't seem to be strength related: I think you just need to "squeeze" your elbows to full lockout, even in this video you look to be 1/2" away in modt reps.
    The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.

Supplements I currently take: Nitrean , BCAA , Creatine 500 , Multi-Plus , Fish Oil

Ok, I didn't know this! Thanks for the clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    The way you see it is incorrect. I wish it was that easy. Unfortunately my elbows don't fully lockout like most. I wish my elbows actually hyperextended so my lockout would be blatantly obvious. Unfortunately that is not the case. This is what I have so this is what I work with.
    Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...
    Last edited by Judas; 11-19-2012 at 03:18 AM.

I think some people aren't used to seeing an arm with meat on it. Every press looked completely locked out. Great video, I really liked seeing the lighter assistance stuff too.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottYard View Post
    Cool Vid. Solid beard!
    Nicest thing you could have said to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Judas View Post
    Is this something that happened as you got stronger? I've noticed that a LOT ov elite benchers have this issue. My elbows are starting to give me grief, and its been a very slow very steady process as my bench started getting really strong. Now that i've finally hit a true double bodyweight bench i'm finding the elbow issue (that makes it harder and harder to fully lock out) is just getting worse. I've known a few guys that started with human benches (and normal lockout ROM) and over the years ended up with elbow issues ov varying severities and reduced ROMS, as they got closer and closer to a true elite level bench.

You bench 600 raw, yes? How where your elbows and lockout when you could only bench 315?

Edit: heh... thats assuming you were ever that weak...
    I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by vdizenzo View Post
    I had terrible problems with my elbows when I was a young athlete in high school. I was constantly getting therapy for them. My lockout has always looked the same regardless of bar weight or bodyweight. It is such a curse. As a result I have gotten good calls and bad calls over the years. I have just chalked it up (pardon the pun) to being my own problem. There are much bigger worries in the world.
    Damn... i was hoping this was something that developed over the years as you got stronger, and you could give me some tips (ie: what not to do) to avoid it. Its getting bad enough i cant even train triceps anymore, and its starting to affect my bench. I DONT want to become one ov those lifters that cant lock out their arms...

Good stuff Vin
    ADRIAN LARSEN
    #2 ranked All time 220lbs raw bench 585lbs
    www.fuelthedesire.com THE ALPHA PROJECT
    ELITE TRAINING EXTREME PERFORMANCE YOUTUBE VIDS
    AT LARGE NUTRITION
    ALN Supp Stack used - Nitrean Plus, BCAA, Multi Plus, Fish Oil, ETS
    Anderson Powerlifting
    Sling shot
    YOU CAN HAVE EXCUSES OR RESULTS, NOT BOTH

[QUOTE=vdizenzo;2598885]Nicest thing you could have said to me.

I am to please!
    Best raw meet lifts
    Squat:765 with wraps. / 700 raw with out wraps
    Bench: 525
    Deadlift: 755
    Total: Raw with wraps: 2000. with out wraps: 1925

Best lifts Equipped
    1050, 840, 715. Total: 2605

Representing AtLarge Nutrition and EliteFTS