The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Body - 4 - Life Program

Has anyone done this program ?

If so, has it worked ?

Is it worth trying if you are trying to "gain" weight or is it for people trying to lose weight only ?

Thanks.
    Last edited by jc_az; 07-10-2002 at 04:38 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It is a great program if you are just starting out.

If you have already been training for a while, but don't have the diet thing down, the diet part of it is a good place to start. It is basically a weekly carb cycle with a 40/40/20 split at every meal, 6 meals a day, 6 days a week, with a free day on the 7th day.

Werx fer me.
    Brett

You gonna do squats?

--(*lllllll*)--
    The voices tell me to crawl it.

Originally posted by jeep4414
    It is a great program if you are just starting out.

If you have already been training for a while, but don't have the diet thing down, the diet part of it is a good place to start. It is basically a weekly carb cycle with a 40/40/20 split at every meal, 6 meals a day, 6 days a week, with a free day on the 7th day.

Werx fer me.
    No. I've been working-out for years and was just interested in trying something new.

Many of the folks I've spoken to (eMailed) swear by the program, but they are mostly persons who were fat and have never exercised much.

I wasn't sure if it would work for people like us who work-out regularaly and eat a balanced diet.

Thanks for your response.
    Last edited by jc_az; 07-11-2002 at 10:42 AM.

Before I knew anything at all about bbing I did BFL. I wanted to build muscle while losing fat. I had a bit of a belly but really not fat fat. I did the program religiously and loved it and did look better (more fit) afterward. I really hadn't gained much muscle. I think your right that it works best for people who have alot of fat to get rid of. After having said all that, I'm very grateful for BFL because it was a simple program that got me in to the sport. If your really trying to gain mass and your not a total newbie I would try something else though.
    sometimes slowly

My stats:
    Age - 43
    ht - 5' - 7"
    wt - 152 lbs
    bf% - 10.5%
    pipe dream goal 175 lbs @ 10% bf
    making the switch to power lifting

I bought the body for life book, workouts seemed not enough for me, but Bill Phillips makes some good points

Originally posted by runt
    Before I knew anything at all about bbing I did BFL. I wanted to build muscle while losing fat. I had a bit of a belly but really not fat fat. I did the program religiously and loved it and did look better (more fit) afterward. I really hadn't gained much muscle. I think your right that it works best for people who have alot of fat to get rid of. After having said all that, I'm very grateful for BFL because it was a simple program that got me in to the sport. If your really trying to gain mass and your not a total newbie I would try something else though.
    Well, I agree with you.

If you do it just like stated the program really isn't that challenging, but it does have good tips.

I don't see it as a mass builder though, but good for fitness.

I read that some of the "champions" were people who were already in real good shape and then just let themselves get somewhat fat for the first photo. After the first photo they just returned to their "trained" stated and looked great of course. (kinda like "sandbaggers" in Motocross who race in a lower class)

I did not notice any photos of people who were skinny, then got a lot of muscle, just heavier people who trimmed down.

Thanks for responding.
    Last edited by jc_az; 07-11-2002 at 02:58 PM.

Originally posted by y2klifter
    I bought the body for life book, workouts seemed not enough for me, but Bill Phillips makes some good points
    Well, just for the heck of it I did the BFL-type program for my legs last evening, but I changed it a bit.

I did the reps. as stated (12, 10, 8, 6, 12. Then another exercise of 12 ASAP after the last set of 12) and the 1 minute rest in between sets.

Instead of just cruising at the beginning like they suggest I cruised with the 12 set at the beginning and then tried to go all out for the 10, 8, 6 and 12 sets and all out on the other 12 set and I'm telling you it was HARD.

I'm so tired today and a little bit sore as well. I think if I did this intensity all the time I would be burnt-out for sure !

So it can work, but you'd need to raise the intensity.

In the book it states you are only supposed to go all out on one(1) set (most likely the 6 rep. set) and now I know why.

Thanks for your post.
    Last edited by jc_az; 07-11-2002 at 03:04 PM.