The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig New Member

reccommended routine

Hello,

This is my first post but I've been lurking for a while now.

I have been working out off and on for a while now. This past year I've started to get more serious about it and this last month I have finally gotten my stuff together my diet is right on, I think anyway , and I followed a base routine my friend had layed out called an antagonist workout it consisted of this

Incline Sit-ups: 3 sets of how how ever many I could do
    Dead Lifts: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4

Military Press: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4
    Pull Downs: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4

Leg Press: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4
    Hamstring Curls: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4

Bench Press: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4
    Seated Rows: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4

Barbell Curls: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4
    Skull Crushers: 3 sets going from 8reps to 6 then 4

I did this routine on monday, wednesday and friday for the last 4 weeks. I have made some decent strength gains every week but havne't really seen much in the way of mass, i am getting more defined and have gained 5 pounds probably more than that in muscle since I have definately lost some fat. I'm trying to gain size first and foremost, so should I be doing heavy weight and low reps, or still kind of heavy but higher reps?

My diet consists of 6 meals every 2-3 hours apart
    each meal is pretty much the same.

1 can of tuna fish 30g prot, 1.5g fat, 0g carbs
    1 cup of skim milk 8g prot, 0g fat, 13g carbs
    1/2 cup of oatmeal 5g prot, 2.5g fat, 26g carbs
    1 tbsp flax oil 0g prot, 14g fat, 0g carbs

38 g protein every meal( since the protein in oatmeal isn't complete
    18g fat pretty much all good fat
    39g carbs all complex, i think anyway does skim milk have complex or simple

38x4 = 152 cals
    18x9 = 162 cals
    39x4 = 156 cals

152+162+156 = 470 cals a meal

470x6 = 2820 cals total

on my work out days I drink a drink of some sort, depending on what i have, that has simple carbs right after my workout mixed with creatine as to help get the creatine in my system and to spike my insulin.

I take a good multi vitamin and zma at night.

I don't know what my bf is but it isn't to high I can kind of see my abs if i pull on my skin a little bit.

I have decided to do a 6 week cycle of one, since I do have my nutrition in order, I think anyway, and have no problems going to the gym, i actually look forward to it.

I was just wondering what kind of routine and schedule you guys would reccommend. I have a routine that i'll post that my friend used and he did well with. But he was natural, I'm not sure if, since I'll be taking 1-test, and probably 4-ad in the psycho form for two weeks in the middle, If I should train more often, i would think at least 5 days a week, this routine is upper body one day, then a day off then lower body, then a day off then upper and so forth. What do you guys think of it? If it isn't good for mass then can you reccommend something, should I do individual body parts? or keep it as big movements since I want mass?

thx

Oh the workout might not make sense at first, you keep adding weight as you drop your reps then when you get to the rep highlighted and called High you jump back to the weight that you used at 8 reps and as soon as you finish that one you hurry over and do the point exercise with no rest in between. The min is number of minutes you rest between reps. The rest should be pretty self explanatory.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by undrcnstruction; 07-10-2002 at 05:55 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Wannabebig New Member
    heres the lower body workout
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wannabebig Member
    Sorry I can't be a little more constructive with my comment, but, you eat the exact same thing 6 times a day? You are going to get SO bored of that. Read up and diversify your diet. Its great that you're exercising for looks, but stay healthy too. That will require eating a variety of healthy foods.

Did you just start? You probably don't need to do any prohormone stuff for a while. You'll make gains without any help from that stuff. Also if you're young your test levels are probably high already. Also you won't have to worry about getting you some gyno.

Wannabebig New Member
    yeah i'm already really bored with it but its the right amount of nutrients. I wouldn't mind getting other foods but I'm a bit miserly. I looked into getting steak but its like 3 bucks a pound at the cheapest and i only get around 25 grams of protein for that three bucks. With tuna I get around 30 for 50 cents : D its not a matter of not having the money just that i would rather spend it wisely. this tuna and oatmeal is getting to me though its been a few weeks. I do occasionally get other food but pretty much everysingle one of my meals is the same. I'm getting all the vitamins and nutrients I need so I should stay healthy. I'm 22 so I'm done growing and my test levels probably aren't sky high anymore I've been lifting for a while but only recently started to lift right and watch my diet, I personally think that i'm ready to try a cycle i've always heard get everything else in line before you try any prohormones or steroids and I think i have everything in line. Just want to make sure i won't be undertraining or overtraining. Plus i already ordered the one : D it will be here tomorrow or the day after. I'm gonna wait until the beginning of next week though so I can see if I need to adjust the routine any.

thanks for your reply

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, I'm pretty cheap too. When I started this whole "eating right" thing, I went to the grocery and saw chicken breasts were really expensive. I was just outta college and lived off of mac and cheese up until that point. I think round steak is a pretty good lean meat and gives you lots of protein. If you have access to a costco or some sort of warehouse store, get your food there. Its saved me a ton in meat.

I'm having fun eating steak now that I know how to cook it. Don't just look at the protein content for food. Steak has a lot of vitamins and supposedly upps your test levels naturally. Lots of good stuff in it.

Think about it this way. Do you want to eat tuna for the rest of your life? You need to set up your life for the future because this is how you're going to live. So, learn how to eat a variety of foods.

Post your results with the 1-test. I'm 24 and around your stats. I'll be interested in seeing them. I've stayed away from prohormones because of the possible side effects that I'm too afraid of (gyno, hairloss, acne... not worth it to me).

Wannabebig New Member
    Yeah i've heard the upping your natural test levels too, thats what initially had me think about steak, well that and steak tastes really good I'm gonna stop off at a butcher soon and see how much of a discount I could get if I bought in bulk, like at least 20 pounds.

I've read that 1-test doesn't give ya gyno but can give ya hair loss and acne, and will almost definately shrivel ya, but i can take care of the shrinkage with some clomid, or hcg if i can find it dont really know if its neccessary with the 1 test stuff though, the acne I can deal with since it will go away. The hair loss I won't be too happy with but I should be ok on just one cycle of 6 weeks. The 4-ad can cause gyno so I'm not sure if I'm gonna add that in or not, the 4-ad does help you retain water though which helps you grow and the nasal version is supposed to give ya a boost right when you do it so you can use it before a workout to get psyched for it.

I'm starting monday as long as it arrives when its supposed to.
    I'll start a thread tracking my results, should I do it in training? or where do you think I should post it.

Wannabebig Member
    Yeah, training probably. Good luck with everything.

No, do it in "Online Journals"