Thread: biger chest

Wannabebig Member

biger chest

Hi, i was readding on article, that said to be have bigger chest is with flys, I normal do bench press, in cline , decline and 4 set of flys, should I do more to ghet a better result ?

Crikey, its a 30 foot ape! Kong's Avatar
    You could possibly be doing too much if your using all 4 lifts in one session. I've always found that something like this does the trick -

Flat BB Bench - 2 sets of 3-5
    Incline DB Bench - 2 sets of 6-8
    Machine Flyes - 2 sets of 9-12 (Try to keep the reps slow and focus on the contraction)

I've using this at the moment and have done in the past. Just make sure you add more weight / do more reps each workout.
    Current 1RM's - Bench 264lbs (Target 308lbs)/Squat 396lbs (Target 352lbs)/
    Deadlift 429lbs (Target 440lbs)
    BIG 3 TOTAL at 220lbs (28% BF) = 1089lbs
    6ft 2, 234lb fat, hairy ape!
    My journal - http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...sion-of-an-ape

"This stuff will make you a sexual Tyrannosaurus. Just like me!" As said by the great Jesse 'The Body' Ventura

Be specific about what you want. Do you want bigger pecs? Do you want a bigger chest measurement (which would mean the back has to be included into consideration)? Are you just looking for a bigger bench? What about your delts?

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Wannabebig New Member
    I have a different approach to chest training. Since I am a small guy by nature I find volume training works good for my chest. A lot of guys go for quality over quantity like "Kong" said above but I found this really doesnt work for me. My workout is as follows, it has also found success with many of my hard gaining friends.

3 sets of 20 pushups for warm up
    4 working Barbell Bench Sets + one bat warmup
    4 Sets incline Dumb Bell Press + one warm up
    4 Sets Cable Pec Fly
    3 Sets weighted pushups to failure (get someone to rest a plate on your back)
    *Sometimes wide grip dip for a bit extra.

Note: My rep range is usually between 6-10. if you get ten raise the weight, if you cant get 6 lower it. Also, you cant stop on an odd number of reps, its bad luck :P just a quirky rule I have for myself.

This workout typically only takes me 1:20 and I am toast by the end... follow it up with a protein shake and a couple glutamine tablets and your good to go.

Id smash out some heavy compound like bench 5x5 and finish up with a fly or something for maybe like 3x12. Basically a heavy neural stimulus(with some overlap) followed by a lighter metabolic one. Other than that, the way to anything bigger is more calories.

I dont know you, but it sounds like maybe you arent advanced enough to be doing all that work in your sessions. I think more beginners do better really trying to get strong on something like a bench while being in a caloric surplus.
    First Bulk pics VS Starting pics, take a look!! http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...=1#post1616109

Progress pics of a cut using bodyweight only movements http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...45#post2405745

Generally, if you read a piece of advice on the internet, assume it's wrong until proven otherwise. This applies especially to "conventional wisdom". -Belial

Wannabebig Member
    The chest is very good when it was gain, and it is the best way to daily exercise and go to the gym and game to the chest, heavy weight pick up and your chest are gain, and diet also good, i also diet is very good and perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by randy998 View Post
    The chest is very good when it was gain, and it is the best way to daily exercise and go to the gym and game to the chest, heavy weight pick up and your chest are gain, and diet also good, i also diet is very good and perfect.
    This - lol

My chest didnt want to grow until i switched my main pressing movement to incline barbell from flat barbell. I feel as a bodybuilder i get a better stretch and contraction using incline opposed to any other pressing. then just pound out accessory movements. for me its damn near impossible to over train my chest lol
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!

Quote Originally Posted by kjd2121 View Post
    This - lol
    Epic!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

David Herskovitz -IFBB PRO IFBB David H's Avatar
    All of these different workout strategies seem well and good. I think diet and rest are equally important to making gains in size and strength. Are you eating the right kinds of food to promote muscular growth? What are you eating and when are you eating it? You want a big chest? Eat so you can grow one! Are you getting enough rest? Big factors here that not enough people consider.
    Last edited by IFBB David H; 12-14-2012 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by IFBB David H View Post
    All of these different workout strategies seem well and good. I think diet and rest are equally important to making gains in size and strength. Are you eating the right kinds of food to promote muscular growth? What are you eating and when are you eating it? You want a big chest? Eat so you can grow one! Are you getting enough rest? Big factors here that not enough people consider.
    100% agree with this post. nutrition, nutrition timing and rest are the keys to muscular growth. These things need to be in order before you worry about your workout. For some reason I just assume people have these things in order before they ask about how to make their chest bigger.
    5'6
    191.5lbs 8% BF
    25 yrs old
    prepping for my first show!