Thread: Main Horizontal Pressing - HCT12

Wannabebig Member

Main Horizontal Pressing - HCT12

Just a weird thing I noticed the other day. I've been doing the HCT-12 workout for about 5 weeks now, just completed my first deload cycle. This was my first week of starting over, and last night was my day 2 with benching.

I stretched and warmed up as usual but as I was walking to the bench I thought maybe I'd give decline a go for the next 4 weeks instead of regular bench again. My last set for decline was 235x6 with clusters after. I don't know why but I get such a better pump and workout just doing decline over flat and I push a lot more weight and the movement just feels for comfortable as a whole.

My question is, will doing decline over regular bench hurt me in the long run as far as muscle development? I don't think I'll do flat bench for a while. Working the chest is working the chest, plain and simple I'd assume. I'm sure I'm just over thinking the whole thing, but was just curious on why I get such a better workout/results doing decline over flat bench.

I think the reason you got more of a pump was it was a new exercise. Your body wasn't used to it. But incline, flat, or decline all works the same. The pectoral muscle is one group.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!