Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Body Image/How big do you wanna be?

I'm currently 6'2" 195 w/ 14% bf I would like to get to be 200 - 205 with 8% - 10% bf.

Three people can keep a secret so long as two of them are dead

- Benjamin Franklin

Originally posted by Herc
    I'm currently 6'2" 195 w/ 14% bf I would like to get to be 200 - 205 with 8% - 10% bf.

I am currently 6'5, 217 with about 10% bf. My goal is to be about 225 and 8%.

Originally posted by wannabebeigger
    Thanks for the quote... uh why did you quote me again?

- Benjamin Franklin

Incidentally I am also 6'2" 195 with 14% bf. I also have similar goals.

btw, do you have a mole of the left arm?

Originally posted by wannabebeigger
    Incidentally I am also 6'2" 195 with 14% bf. I also have similar goals.

btw, do you have a mole of the left arm?
    nope... but I do have one on my neck.

- Benjamin Franklin

I like what Belial said although I don't get admiring looks with my shirt off.
    Ultimately I would like to hit 250 under 16% bf.
    Anymore would be a bonus.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Id be happy with 225-235 with under 10%
    Im 196 with 16-17 now.

Do that voodoo that he do
    As I'm already on the heavy end, and like how I look as I get bigger/stronger, I'd like to continue that trend. I'm currently 6'1", 245-250 lbs with somewhere in the range of 19% bf tuttut . I guess I'd like to end up in the 250-260 pound range but have the bf down to 13-15% within the next few years, or longer.

Of course, if I could somehow grow another couple of inches...

i just want to be physically dominating at my weightclass, thats all that matters..............see all you big guys at the bottom of the pile soon-
    Last edited by kAiXuan; 07-15-2002 at 11:01 PM.
    -deFenDeRs oF thE unDerRateD

If it doesnt make dollars, then it doesnt make sense

I never knew how skinny I was untill I started gaining a little weight

I wanna look like Chris Mason

bodywise that is
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

I have to admit that I'm slightly muscle dismorphic. Bodybuilding doesn't consume my life, but it's a huge part of it. At the end of this last cycle I hit 180lbs at 5'7... maybe 7% bodyfat. I have to say that I look good when compared to my old pics, but I look in the mirror and still think that I'm skinny as hell.

I wouldn't mind being a nice 5'8-5'9 215-225lbs at 7%bf. I think I can put on the weight given some time, but I'll prolly have to stick with 5'7 huh? lol.
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Equal Opportunity Offender Budiak's Avatar
    Heehe, tadge, short man's folley? We can never be big enough.

I'm right now about 158lbs, 11-13%bf, an inch and a half shorter than tadger. I plan on being 185 at 10% fat one of these days, when I get a job with a set weekly schedule. Part time blows the chode.

I wannabebig!
    I wanna go to my full potential without the use of "roids" at a decently low bodyfat around 10% or less

I'd like to be around 220-230 with 10-15%. If I could ever fookin stick to my diet plans it wouldn't take me too long to get there...
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    a lot of you guys are listing what you want your weight anod bodyfat %s to be, but keep in mind two things:

1) you can only get so big, do to genetics, not everyone can be Mr.O

2) you really cant have bodyfat too low for the rest of your life ( you can't have 5% forever).

seeing how arnold was about 235 when he competed, and he was on 'special suppls' i'd like to be around 220. i mean i dont wanna look freaky.

TripleP, depending on your genetics... you can maintain a nice 6-7%bf for quite a while without health problems. If you drop it below that you may run into problems.

As far as everyone not being Mr O... true true... but the goals most have stated are entirely possible (given time, proper diet, training and smart drug use).
    "We cannot but pity the boy who has never fired a gun; he is no more humane, while his education has been sadly neglected."
    -Henry David Thoreau

"For the last ten years, Saddam has been building, stockpiling and hiding weapons all over the ****in desert, while laughing at the UN. As soon as Bush says, 'That's it we're comin in to kick your ass,' and the UN is inches away from supporting him. Saddam turns around and says, 'Um... United Nations.... sure, we'll let the weapons inspectors in.... no terms or conditions.' The United Nations.... being the left-wing, pansy-ass, limp-wristed, liberal bastards they are, turn around and believe him."
    -Col. Foreman, USAF

email: tadger@wannabebig.com
    secure email: tadger@cyber-rights.net

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    i agree with all of that

I want to be huge. not necessarily shredded or all symmetrical or any of that crap but huge

I used to think not cuz i thought it was freaky and ugly but i met/saw some really huge guys in my new gym and i figured id look to look like them more than any scrawny guy with a shredded 8 pack

Muscle dysmorphy also affects women too...and someone once kindly pointed that out to me.

Currently: 5'6", 165-ish, ~15-18%
    Desire: To be as big and strong as I can NATURALLY. Ideally - if I could be at this bf and hit 190, I would happier than a pig in mud. I might scare some people - but at least I'll be BIG.
    Size is SEXY!

As long as there's raniali nudity, its all good. -- PMDL, my idol
    My God. I wish, if only for a day, i had hooters like that to play with. -- TCD, my other idol
    It is as stable as my mindset around your breasts. -- robboe
    Good god raniali....you have an amazing physique. -- JustinASU
    Whenever raniali posts in a thread, somebody is bound to get aroused, thats just the way it is. -- Y2A

~Anything worth doing at all IS worth doing well.~
    ~You all laugh because I am diFFereNt; I laugh because you're all the same.~
    ~Have no fear of perfection; you will never reach it. -- Salvador Dali, Diary of A Genius~

Ecoli die
    I'm eventually shooting for:

225lbs @ 5'11 and 10%bf
    Chest 52
    waist 33
    arm 18
    Proportional legs, shoulders, etc. those are just the basics. Not huge but in good shape. I want people to see me and say "wow, that's a big guy" but I don't want to go past my 'natural' limits, if there are such things (i.e. I want to get as big as I can without AS..maybe).
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Ecoli die
    Scratch everything I said. I want to be in great shape, whatever that ends up being. I don't care what the measurements are.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.

Right now I'd like to be 180 at 10% bf (realistically). If I can reach that then I'd go for more. Unrealisitically - 250 and cut.

Me /pwn1ng by Xian Rookie's journal Rookie's Picture Thread

Damn right you will be! We don't mess around down here. Liquor and Steel, that's what we're all about -Casey

ROFL, oh man - I usually wait until I'm on the freeway to do that. What an idiot! -teufy doing what he does best.

You aren't strong enough or pretty enough to train in the evenings with us...better stick to noon workouts with the rest of the geriatrics. - pup

Yeah. I'm a dork. - Teufy

Better yet, "why should anyone's interpretation of divinity govern modern society?" - Twilo

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    Originally posted by Belial
    My weight or a little higher, lower bodyfat. 225, 6-7%. (at 5'11"). I realize this is "bigger" than the ideal, but with my build (large shoulders, large joints, etc.) I need more weight to appear as built as a person with a smaller frame (and the same weight). Not to get into a bigorexia argument here... I used to want to be 245... then 235... now, I'm only a little ways off from my goal.

One of the main things that changes is we realize, once we get somewhere, that we're not nearly as big as we thought. And perspectives change....what was once unattainable is now within our reach. Aesthetics differ, goals differ (I wish to be strong, and certainly look like I work out, yet lean. Weight is almost inconsequential, it's how happy I am with myself.) So, it may not be society's ideal, but who gives a sh*t. I get admiring looks when I take my shirt off. I get smiles. They're not "look at that freak", I think I walk the line. (No, this ain't pumping myself up. I'm far from perfect, but I've worked hard and I think it shows)

But, at the end of the day, we all do what makes us happy. I know what it's like to be at both ends of the spectrum, obsession is not something I would want to be victimized by again.
    Belial, has put it best. I don't even have anything to add to this. Well said, nothing less nothing more.

For my goals I want to be 5"9.5, 235@ 8%bf that would be great. That would also be my off-season size, competition size would be totally different. But that would be great for everyday.
    Last edited by GeneticallyGifted; 07-17-2002 at 12:21 PM.
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |