The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Wannabebig Member
    The Truth About Bodybuilding Arm Measurements
    by Charles Poliquin

Anyhow, the Olympian who keeps bragging about his arms having been over 22 inches (in fact, I think that he may have won an Olympia, or maybe two, or seven) is, in fact, pissing mighty rivers down your leg and insisting that the mother of all rain storms is upon you.

At 6'1" tall, this Olympian would have had to weigh about 308 pounds for his arms to be even close to 22 inches around. However, his competition weight was roughly 235 pounds. Of course, maybe his bodyfat was minus 15%...
    ------------------------------------------------------------------

( WHY AND WHAT DOES POLIQUIN MEAN BY -'' would have had to weigh about 308 pounds for his arms to be even close to 22 inches around.)''?

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    IS CHARLES POLIQUIN REFERRING THIS CHART DEVELOPED BY David Willoughby. , to be found at - www-dot mm2k dot com

WHEN HE SAYS'' (ARNIE ) WOULD HAVE TO WEIGH 308 POUNDS FOR ARNIE'S ARMS TO BE CLOSE TO 22 INCHES ?''

BUT THE CHART OBVIOUSLY IS BASED ON RESEARCH DONE BY WILLOUGHBY DURING THE PRE -STEROID ERA ! HOW CAN POLIQUIN ''USE '' A PRE STEROID RESEARCH CHART TO DISCREDIT AND DIS PROVE ARNIE'S 22 INCH ARM SIZE , WHEN ARNIE BELONGS TO ''POST - STERIOD ERA '' ?

Wannabebig Member
    here's a photo ...of arnie taken , i suppose , at the time arthur jones measured arnie ...
    does it look like 19 inches ...poliquin what say ?

steve reeves had 18 inches drugfree ...

FRANCO 'S PHOTO SHOWS HIS ARMS AT 18 PLUS ..

so if u believe bodybuilding - GURUS - LIKE , poliquin, AND ARTHUR JONES...

DO U CAN U REALLY BELIEVE THE SIZE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ARNIE'S ARM AND STEVE REEVES AND FRANCO'S IS JUST ONE INCH

Wannabebig Member
    Here's arnie's arm size photo taken durin the time arthur jones measured arnie's arm at 19 inches ...does it arm look like 19 ?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: jpg 2.jpg (96.5 KB, 476 views)

I think big forearms are where it's at, as for big arms giving you status in life the truth is this is mostly a guy thing.
    If you think being big impresses girls you are wrong, it puts most of them off!
    Most guys love big breasts, most girls love lean guys.
    Just letting you know, sad but true.
    Squat briefs only 625 @ 210
    Bench geared 525 @ 210
    Deadlift geared 650 @ 220

Captains of Crush #3

Building Mighty Mitts...

Wannabebig Member
    Arnie both wielded and '' flashed '' 22 inch - fully peaked - complete
    arms .... To everyone's amazement ....!

I am absolutely sure , arnie flashed 22'' inch arms - ....in front of the media ....for the world to behold !
    • File Type: jpg 3.jpg (34.8 KB, 386 views)
    • File Type: jpg 4.jpg (78.4 KB, 356 views)

Wannabebig Member

Leroy colbert had 20 inchers .....

regarding charles poliquin ... statements stating , no way arnie can have 22 inch arms ....i feel , poliquin is wrong , in his arm size vs bodyweight ratio , assumptions ...

cause there's LEROY COLBERT to contend, face first ...
    when leroy colbert can have 20 inch arms , drug free why can't arnie who , is not drug free ?

JUST SEE WHAT LEROY SAYS ... ABOUT ''EXPERTS ''....

LEROY COLBERT, THE FIRST MAN TO BUILD 21-INCH MUSCULAR ARMS SAYS BEWARE OF THE EXPERTS ....

Only by ignoring the experts, was I able to build the world’s largest muscular arms. I refused to be held back by baseless rules and psychological restrictions of the experts.

The so called experts in bodybuilding had a laundry list of rules you dare not break if you wanted a muscular body. One unbreakable rule was not to do over three sets for a body part three times a week or you will over train and lose muscles instead of building them. We took the the self-help expert‘s advice to heart, and studiously avoided doing more than three sets.

I heard that David Willoughby could scientifically tell your size potential by measuring key bones in your body. Dave got out the caliper and measuring tape, and in a very knowledgeable manner said, “Leroy, carefully measuring your bone size, the maximum biceps you could hope to develop is 18 1/2 inches. That is the largest size your bone structure could possibly handle

Well, I built my arms to 21 1/2 inches. The bone size theory didn’t hold up, it looked and sounded good, but in the end, just fanciful theory. Ironically, David was the expert that officially measured my biceps at 21 1/2 inches. “Absolutely astonishing, beyond all calculations,” David embarrassingly said. I felt sorry to see David’s so called science collapse before his own eyes.
    • File Type: jpg 5.jpg (17.4 KB, 327 views)

Wannabebig Member

does arthur jones contradict himself ?

ARTHUR JONES AND HIS NAUTILUS BULLETIN 'S - 1 & 2.

does arthur jones contradict himself ?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    NAUTILUS BULLETIN #1 / By Arthur Jones / CHAPTER 35
    THE SIGNIFICANCE OF MEASUREMENTS

here arthur jones , states ...

'' ...the largest muscular upper arm that I ever measured....was the left arm of Bill Pearl; which was 18-5/8 inches measured "cold" ..

The size of the average man’s head is between 22 and 23 inches, and I have yet to see a man with muscular arms that even began to approach the size of his head .

..a 16 inch muscular arm is very impressive -- a 17 inch upper arm is so large
    an 18 inch upper must be seen to be appreciated -- and a 19 inch upper arm approaches the impossible insofar as size is concerned ..'' .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    FROM ...
    NAUTILUS BULLETIN #2
    Chapter 36 / THE ULTIMATE PHYSIQUE

'' The largest muscular arm that I ever measured -- or saw -- was Sergio Oliva’s, which, accurately measured, "cold" was 20 1/8 inches. Arnold Schwarzenegger’s arm was 19 7/8, slightly pumped -- probably 19 1/2 "cold"..

..an actually muscular arm that measures a full 18 inches is enormous -- a 19 inch arm is simply huge -- and a 20 inch arm almost defies belief;

Arnold Schwarzenegger’s arms are almost as large as Sergio’s, and he shows no signs of restricted movement around the elbow joint.

____________________-

does arthur jones contradict himself ?And what can arthur jones , mean by saying , arnie's arms are as large as sergio's arms ... does jones means in appearence or photos both arnie's and sergio's arms appear to be same in size ?

FURTHER JONES STATES , ''in a recent full-length picture of Sergio, the width of the flexed upper arms exceeded the height of Sergio’s head -- his arms were literally larger than his head, a size ratio never before approached by anybody else.

-----------------------------------
    thus, i suspect .., arthur jones what arthur jones .....meant, was that - sergio's arms looked even , bigger in photos since they (arms ) looked bigger than sergio's head ...
    • File Type: jpg 6.jpg (72.7 KB, 249 views)

Arnie did you start writing your posts back in 02 and just now get them up?
    5'9". 34.-----------------------------BEST LIFTS-----------------------GOALS
    Bodyweight-------------------------BE 280 x 1------------------------BE 300 x 1
    Jan 2009: 151 lbs----------------SQ 365 x 2-----------------------SQ 400 x 1
    Jan 2010: 221 lbs----------------DL 405 x 1------------------------DL 500 x 1
    Current: 214 lbs
    bulking again -- working on my DL