Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy....check this out

Wannabebig Member
    I went to my chiropractor as usual today to fix my back problems. He told me to bring my supplements I take for bodybuilding. He said he could test if my body was positive, negative, or neutral with the supplements I take. I would hold my left arm up, lock my elbow, and resist him pressing down on my arm, and I'd hold the supplement bottle in my right hand. If he could press my arm down then my body was resisting the supplement. I had 5 bottles which included multi vit/min, cod liver oil, etc. The bottles were all pretty much shaped the same way. We went through the bottles three times and each time my arm would weaken and lower when I held the chromium picolinate.
    I was kind of confused, how the hell could he tell if my body resisited or needed the supp by pressing down on my arm. Since I didn't believe him, he started doing all of these other tests.
    I put my arm up again, and he told me to say "My name is Jonathan" (which is my real name). My arm didn't weaken. Then I said "My name is Jim", and my arm weakened and lowered. He says its all about people's individual energy fields and that there are all kinds of unique ways to test people for oxidation levels in muscles, supp resistence, etc.
    It kinda blew my mind.....he gave me a tape to listen to about it. I plan on asking more about the subject when I visit him again. Will respond later.
    No matter how hard it rains......withstand the pain.

That's the craziest thing I've ever heard.
    ...it's more friendly for trainers to say, "yeah, we can help you tone up!" rather than saying, "yeah, we can help you get rid of that fat ass!"

Anthony

Wannabebig Member
    He is very well respected around here. He blew me away with all the bodybuilding and supplementation knowledge he had. He noticed everything what the therapist had missed. What he has done in the past 2 days is more than what the different therapists have done in the past 2 years.

is he big? no, i didnt think so.
    Eat Tuna!
    "Ya don't touch my tuna, I don't kill you."- by Tuna Master
    "Part of getting what you want is knowing what you have to give up." - by who knows. ME? Eat Tuna!
    My Journal - My FitDay -

I don't know about you guys but that is some funny stuff. Bawahahaha. The guy is a good con artist.

Individual energy fields isn't a joke ... I can't vouch for the doctors methods of 'testing' supps, cause it does sound foolish, but the concept of 'auras' or 'energy fields' is VERY real.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

No doubt that biological systems emit a low electrical field. But any belief that this can be used for any purpose is selling dreams.

Anthony, do you believe in the people that can heal via messing with your energy fields? I have EXTREME difficulty believing that stuff.

Wannabebig Member Podium Kreatin's Avatar
    this stuff is truly strange. at my friend's martial arts school, there was this old guy in a demonstration who could tear a quarter in half with his fingers. he also could split a grain of rice in half blindfolded in the dark.

also, one of my relatives who trained in real tai chi (not the conventional type that old ppl do) could move a piece of paper hung on a string in any clockwise or counterclockwise direction. it was weird.
    "No one can completely believe that I am natural.
    The most important drug is to train like a madman
    -really like a madman
    The people who accuse me are those who have never trained once in their life as I train every day of my life."

Alexandr Karelin
    Ten-time World Greco-Roman Champion
    1988, 1992, 1996 Olympic gold medalist

current stats (10/19/03): 20yrs, M, 5'4 @160lbs, ~11% body fat
    lifted since march 2000

So... Which supplements work?

Wannabebig Member
    I don't know....I'm still so so. He has charts with people that show energy points on the body. When he did the push down test he checked the energy points. I'm still confused, but I'm going to stay open minded. I'll have alot more info on the subject by Friday.

You can't argue this subject in a logical manner. It's like trying to prove there is or isn't a God. It's just not going to be done with conventional science.

I'm not supporting that doctor. Let me get that straight. However, to say that understanding 'auras' is useless ... well ... that's just ignorant, but it's not your fault.

I've heard about this before but never paid much attention to it.
    Who knows?
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Anthonr wrote "You can't argue this subject in a logical manner. It's like trying to prove there is or isn't a God. It's just not going to be done with conventional science.

I'm not supporting that doctor. Let me get that straight. However, to say that understanding 'auras' is useless ... well ... that's just ignorant, but it's not your fault."

Wow this proves that people would buy any crap that is in a gold wrapping. I guess the saying is true ' A sucker is born every minute." If I was a little less ethical I would make a fortune selling snake oil to these people. Maybe the problem is me. Maybe I am too intelligent for my own good. I will believe in these things when there is a scientific or a mathematical basis for them. My scientific orientation wouldn't permit otherwise.

"Wow this proves that people would buy any crap that is in a gold wrapping."
    - Have I bought anything? I think I CLEARLY stated I did not support that doctor or anyone else that does what he does.

"I guess the saying is true 'A sucker is born every minute.'"
    - I sincerely hope that wasn't directed towards me.

"Maybe I am too intelligent for my own good."
    - I doubt it.

"I will believe in these things when there is a scientific or a mathematical basis for them. My scientific orientation wouldn't permit otherwise."
    - Breeze ... just because something can't be explained with our current understanding of science doesn't make it impossible. Science used to say the speed of light would never be broken ... yet we did it.

Open your mind to the possibility that the human race does not know everything about science and perhaps some of the things we don't know would absolutely blow our minds.

Mystic Eric
    i agree with anthony. there are some things about us and this whole universe that we cannot explain.

As an indoor soccer player I have recieved a number of injuries from keeping Goal.

I have a friend who is a faith healer and I can positively vouch for its validity. she treated a knee injury of mine, laying hands on. Her hands went red hot and it did the same as ultrasonic on my leg. she warned me the affects would be temporary but for about 2 weeks my knee improved by 50%. Less pain and greater mobility. As for the docs with his tests - Your guess is as good as mine.
    =Kenobi=

The Force is strong in this one...

Wannabebig Member
    Well all what I can say is what hes done has worked. The proof is in how much better I feel.

MACHINE
    "Well respected" obviously doesn't mean "sane" or "coherent" in the medical community

LOL, just kidding.
    "He's the best damn rollerskater that ever lived...probably in the whole town" - Chris Pontius

If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with.

5'10" 215 lbs
    Personal Bests:
    Bench 355
    Squat 505
    Deadlift 560

*pours a bottle of flax seed oil down his pants*

*Experiences shrinkage*

Wow, I'll avoid that sh*t.

I'm not denying energy fields etc. may exist, but pretending that a bottle can affect your energy field? Please. My beef with this kind of stuff is that some of it may be very real, but some of it is a load of bullsh|t.

I think you are doing the right thing by approaching it with an open mind. Very interesting. Did he say it would be different for each person?

Wannabebig Member
    He said each person's energy field is different. What works for me may not work for another.

could of been the placebo effect,... but ive had people heal my chronic stomach pains just with there hands and herbs......no sh*t
    "The harder you train, the harder it is to give up" ~Vince Lombardi~

Wannabebig Member
    Neuro Emotional Technique(NET)
    Emotions are healthy human functions and normally pose no long-lasting physiological or psychological problems. In the past, people related to emotions as being primarily psychological and thought they were located only in the brain. Researchers have now proven that emotions are physiological and actually travel in many areas of the body in the form of biochemicals called neuropeptides.
    It is human nature to have emotional responses to significant events in our lives. It's also human nature for our bodies to return to a "normal" state at some point after a significant event. Sometimes, however, we can have a neuro-physiological deficit at the time of a significant event and an emotional response can become "locked" in our bodies.
    These "locked" emotional responses Neuro Emotional Complexes (NECs) have reflex patterns very much like the conditioned response that Ivan Pavlov documented so well in his experiments with dogs and ringing bells. Eventually, our "locked" negative emotional responses(conscious or unconscious) can manifest as symptoms. The result is ill heath or an imbalance in one or more areas of our lives.
    The Neuro Emotional Technique(NET) is a methodology used to normalize unresloved physical and behavorial patterns that have beomce "locked" in your body. NET practitioners are trained to assist the body's own healing process by identifying and eliminating our unresolved NECs.
    Could someone have an NEC and not know it?
    Yes, its possible. For example, a young boy was forced against his will to get an injection in a doctor's office. This adult may now feel tense in any doctor's office, and may not have the slightest idea why. Physical and/or emotional symptoms associated with this NEC may result in increased pain and dysfunction.
    How does it work?[B]
    We feel different emotions in different parts of our bodies in different ways. The ancient acupuncturists correlated different organ meridi ans in our bodies. For example, fear is associated with the kidney, anger is associated with the liver, etc.
    Building on this principle, NET practitioners use muscle testing, body relfex points and semantic reactions to assist and guide you to recall the specific emotion associated with your NEC and also to identify when it first occurred. Using this deductive process, the NET practitioner engages a specific neuro-emotional pattern, much as a computer operator engages a specific program on a computer screen.
    While you mentally hold the emotional memory of when the NEC first took place, your body's physiology temporarily returns to a pattern similar to the original event. At this point, the NET practitioner can assist you in eliminating the NEC through a safe and quick physical correction. This simple intervention allows your body to extinquish the original emotionally-laden conditioned response.

He used this and a NET Meridian and Body points with remedies chart to check for reflex points while checking the supplements. The stuff is kinda weird talking about earth, metal, water, wood, fire, etc.

Wannabebig Member
    Breeze.....have you ever seen one of those lamps that you touch to change the brightness? Place one hand on the lamp and hold the other hand extended outward away from the lamp. Have someone touch your extended hand. See what happens..........explain