Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fantasy Nfl Football

Banned

Fantasy Nfl Football

I am a fairly big (american) football fan, and I participate each year in the online fantasy football leagues hosted by NFL.COM as well as a couple of other pools and leagues in various forms. I've usually done pretty well, even winning the SuperBowl in one of my public leagues last year (mostly on the strength of Priest Holmes' surprisingly solid season plus a lucky draw in the draft order which put me 3rd overall and somehow able to draft Marshall Faulk with the 3rd pick. Not too shabby).

Is there anyone else here that's into Fantasy Football? It'd be cool to start/join a WBB league and/or play against some of the other members. It's always more fun to kick the butt of someone you know (even virtually) than it is to kick the butt of a complete stranger.

I'm up for leagues hosted at NFL.COM or elsewhere, just lemme know if you've already got a league running and have space in it.

Callahan
    Last edited by Relentless; 07-15-2002 at 12:25 PM.

I've never done football before but I just started fantasy baseball this year.

I'll join.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

I'll Play

I am new to WBB (I've lurked for quite some time now), but if the invite is open, I'll play fantasy football. Even though I am a chick, I play fantasy leagues for the four main sports... I'e never placed lower than third, and I did pick Maryland to win the NCAA's last year..

3 Time World Champion
    I have played for a few years.....I would be game if you wanted to start one. I too do quite well......I won my fist time out, finished a second last time.....never had Marshall...

I generally play in a league or two. We could get something started from sandbox or yahoo. Where it's basically an autodraft and you rank players...and then basically dress/bench each week and can make trades etc. Would be pretty cool as we could actively trash talk on the forums as well.

If someone want's to join in maybe I'll start one up. Or Callahan if you want to start an nfl.com one let us know. Generally I think these pools are best with about 12 guys...too many more and teams are kinda watered down and too few and then everyone is stacked.
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

Friends don't let friends do dumbell kickbacks. - Me

ElP is the smartest man in the world. - Gyno Rhino

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

If do right, no can defense. -- Mr. Miyagi

Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey:

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I have played the last 3 years. I won the whole thing in my second year and I came in 3rd on two different yahoo public leagues last season. Count me in.

Banned
    the NFL.COM ones require 12 players . . . Myself, I prefer live draft over automated drafts, because that gives you the flexibility to nab someone that drops farther than you thought they would and/or react to other peoples' choices. Plus it's cool.

But how do you get everyone to coordinate a live draft?
    Deadlifts are like women, they'll hurt you everytime, but they'll also make you a man. - Me

A low voter turnout is an indication of fewer people going to the polls. -- Dan Quayle

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

Is there anything more beautiful than a beautiful, beautiful flamingo, flying across in front of a beautiful sunset? And he's carrying a beautiful rose in his beak, and also he's carrying a very beautiful painting with his feet. And also, you're drunk.

Current FFFA Enforcer

3 Time World Champion
    I think if someone is not online during the draft it uses their rankings by default.....

Banned
    That's right . . . it's at a fixed time, and if you're able to online, great. If not, it uses your preset rankings.

oh im in and ill **** you guys up too just wait untill i take rob johnson with my first rder

BTW i want to play for real
    Blocka Blocka

I am AMINAL

set this shiat up, gimme a pm so I can join, or just post it here, whateva.

Hell yes, if you guys have room for me I definetly want to join. I've been doing this for the past 3 years I think. I think Yahoo! is a good one to use, it's very basic. I usually don't go with the Live draft though, but whatever. I just ask that if you join, you don't quit half way through the season.

Im in, just tell me when the draft is.

Banned
    Awright, you knuckleheads.

I have created a live draft league called, appropriately

WannaBeBig League

The draft is scheduled for 8:30PM EST, Tuesday Sept. 3rd. However, don't worry if you can't be there for the draft... you can still rank your players beforehand and let the computer make your choices for you. But the live draft is way cooler.

To sign up: Go to www.nfl.com and click on the FANTASY menu option on the left.

To get the league password: PM me.

We need 12 coaches for this to work, but we also can't take MORE than 12 . . . so sign up early!

Cheers,
    Callahan

Banned
    If someone could make this thread sticky until we get the league filled up, that would be killer.

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    Hey, who you calling knuckleheads, sucker?

hey, i wanna play, too. but i dont know anything about this. someone please explain how this fantasy thing works and the draft, too.

Banned
    it is all explained at http://fantasy.nfl.com/

There are also thousands of sites out there... just seach in yahoo with the phrase "fantasy football"

I won't spoonfeed ya here . . . if you can't be bothered to learn a bit about playing on your own, how can we expect you to stay committed for a whole season of games?

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    LOL - good point, i just wanted to know what i was getting myself into, thats all. i mean thats perfectly understandable. this fantasy football thing isnt like the mob, is it? like you cant quit once you join?

ok, I joined, i'm gb_dabears or else just dabears, don't remember.

this shtuff is free right?

Banned
    yeah
    free to join... you can theoretically win a trip to the superbowl if you win the league and have some kind of points ratio thing the best out of everyone who plays

Banned
    We've got the first 3 signed up, with a couple more in the wings. There are still several slots open. Get 'em while they're hot.

3 Time World Champion
    what is the scoring system they will use? I do not see it....

Hit the help button at the top and it will give you the scoring breakdown, along with a buncha other answers.

I'm the Bench & Curl Jockey's, you will be able to view my team at the top of the league soon enough.

Current FFFA Enforcer

I'll be on the bottom, playing "guard and tackle"