Thread: Crazy Schedule and Dieting

Wannabebig New Member

Crazy Schedule and Dieting

This is my first post on here and I'm hoping I can get some good input. I'm 6'2 275lbs and am trying to cut back down to 250. I've been having a hard time with figuring out my diet because of my work schedule, or lack there of. I work for a railroad and am on call 24/7 and never know if I'll work 7 hours or 12 hours and what shift. I can bank on being up over 24 hours at least once a week. I've been thinking about and reading up on Intermittent fasting but don't know if it's a good route. I have had good results with 7 meals before but it's near impossible to plan that way now. I usually workout out after I get off work, so that's also not a consistent time, but it's as consistent as I can be. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Has anyone else had something similar to this. I know it's possible, I just need the right tools.

As far as I've seen. Having myself tried the 6-8 meals a day, normal eating, and weird times, there isn't much difference. If I eat less calories per day, I lose weight. Personally, I don't eat at work, but I only have 7-8 hour shifts. I just eat a big breakfast and go. I always get hungry 5 hours into it, but it subsides, not a big deal. That probably doesn't help too much, the "just deal with it" cliche for hunger issues, but it works. I can say for sure that me eating 8 times a day did nothing substantial for weight loss, but it was easier to control portions. Whatever metabolic increase it might give, I think is far into diminishing returns past 4 meals. I've never tried eating once per day, but I've heard it can slow things down. Then again, if you eat 2500 calories, your body is going to process 2500 calories (macronutrient balanced), no matter what magic you perform with it...