The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Subway while on CID

I was thinking if Subway sandwiches are good while on CID. It's got the carbs, pro, fat, and fiber from the veggies. What's your opinion on this?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Should be fine.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

Parables and Portraits, Stephen Mitchell

Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty
    First of all, subway is still considered fast food.

Second, its expensive at hell, if you spend $5 a day on it x 30 days = $150 a month!!! Cheese and rice, thats more than i spend on chicken, tuna, eggs, rice and oatmeal a month!!!

And finally, if you think you're gonna look like Jarred from those commercials, check this out

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/show...330#post253330

Originally posted by TripleP
    First of all, subway is still considered fast food.
    Uh, okay. I guess that means 'fast food' chicken and bread is in some magical way different than regular chicken and bread.

We tend to think of Sisyphus as a tragic hero, condemned by the gods to shoulder his rock sweatily up the mountain, and again up the mountain, forever. The truth is that Sisyphus is in love with the rock. He cherishes every roughness and every ounce of it. He talks to it, sings to it. It has become the mysterious Other. He even dreams of it as he sleepwalks upward. Life is unimaginable without it, looming always above him like a huge gray moon. He doesn’t realize that at any moment he is permitted to step aside, let the rock hurtle to the bottom, and go home.

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    They (fast food places) soak their chicken in weird ass **** some times. I can bet that the "wheat bread" isn't whole stone ground wheat either. That's an assumption on my part, but I'd still rather pay less for more.

But, seriously, if you like it and can afford it, eat it. If you aren't seeing results, cut it out and see if that changes. Rocket science.
    Last edited by WannaBeStrong; 07-15-2002 at 01:39 PM.

Originally posted by Blood&Iron

Uh, okay. I guess that means 'fast food' chicken and bread is in some magical way different than regular chicken and bread.
    LOL
    :shakes his head:

Wannabebig Member
    Subway should be fine I would watch the type of bread you are getting but things such as chicken Breast are not soaked in any S*** . Actually subway is one of the better places to grab food from if you have to eat fast.

I must say I agree with the cost factor. If you know you are going to be out prepare your food it may cost a little less. BTW if you plan to eat subway alot make sure to get the staps for the sub club atleast you eat for free every so often.
    Last edited by Justagirl; 07-16-2002 at 09:13 AM.

subclub, LMAO

And finally, if you think you're gonna look like Jarred from those commercials, check this out

LOL, I'm half the size of Jared. I just got off CKD and TKD and got tired of eating fat. That's why I thought I'd try a CID.

What I really wanted to know about Subway is the ingredients they use in their sandwich. Does the meat provide good source of protein? Is the chicken breast really chicken or just full of binders like the McNuggets? Is the wheat bread really 100% whole wheat?

Wannabebig Member

Per your request

Hope this helps! www.subway.com

SUBWAY® WHEAT BREAD Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, whole wheat flour, high fructose corn syrup, wheat gluten, contains less than 2% of the following: wheat bran, yeast, salt, soybean oil, dough conditioner (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase (enzymes)], cracked wheat, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, caramel color (contains sulfites), dried honey preparation (honey powder, invert sugar, wheat starch, soy bran flour, silicon dioxide [anti-caking]), mineral oil.

CHICKEN BREAST PATTY Chicken breast with rib meat, water, seasoning {corn syrup solids, vinegar powder (maltodextrin, modified corn starch and tapioca starch, dried vinegar), brown sugar, salt, dextrose, chicken type flavor (hydrolyzed corn gluten, autolyzed yeast extract, partially hydrogenated soybean oil and cottonseed oil, thiamin hydrochloride, disodium inosinate and disodium guanylate)}, sodium phosphates. May contain: Sugar, dehydrated garlic, dehydrated onion, spices, soy sauce solids (soybeans, wheat, salt), lemon juice solids, natural flavor, grill flavor (from partially hydrogenated vegetable oil, citric acid, beef extract, caramel color, modified food starch.

6" Roasted Chicken Breast
    Calories 318
    Fat Calories 49
    Total Fat 5
    Protein 23 (g)

Thanks! I guess I'll stay with more natural foods. I can't believe th s*** they mix with the chicken.

I still say it's fine. But there are certainly more all around healthy alternatives.

Personally, I love the taste of sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate.

Blood what are you talking about man? We all know that acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides tastes better.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Marcel
    Blood what are you talking about man? We all know that acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono-and diglycerides tastes better.
    Oops, I forgot about those. You're right; they are tasty!

:shakes his head:

mmmmm........ diglycerides
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee