Thread: deadlift pain

deadlift pain

Hi All,

I've been visiting the forums on and off for about 5 years. I have been back to doing deadlifts for the past several months and always love them. This past weekend I guess I blew it on my form, or something, and have had plenty of pain in my lower back. Any ideas what I may have done and how to treat?

Also, I have had a weak lower back since my teens, could I be doing long term damage to my lower back/disks by doing deadlifts (am only 25 now but it worries me for the future)? Am I better off just doing rows or something else, to ease the pressure?

Thanks,
    Pete

You might have pulled a spinal erector. I would def consult a doctor on chronic back issues.

Quote Originally Posted by PFM8241988 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been visiting the forums on and off for about 5 years. I have been back to doing deadlifts for the past several months and always love them. This past weekend I guess I blew it on my form, or something, and have had plenty of pain in my lower back. Any ideas what I may have done and how to treat?

Also, I have had a weak lower back since my teens, could I be doing long term damage to my lower back/disks by doing deadlifts (am only 25 now but it worries me for the future)? Am I better off just doing rows or something else, to ease the pressure?

Thanks,
    Pete
    Do you have constant pain? Or just pain when you move a certain direction? Or only pain when actually lifting heavy?

Regardless it would be best to see a Orthopedist if you have medical coverage - just to get an accurate diagnosis of what is wrong. Hopefully it is something muscular (strain) and not structural.
    ASC 105 Kg Pro Strongman | My Website | Facebook Fan Page

Weight: 225 lbs | Gym PR's -> Front Squat: 510 lbs / Overhead: 375 lbs / Deadlift: 700 lbs

Supplements: www.AtLargeNutrition.com