The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Wannabebig Member

Building arm size and chest

Well i have been working out my arms and my chest a lot lately (along with my other body parts) and i dont see alot of improvement. In 4 months i went up by 10 in arms and 5 in chest meanwhile my friend upped by 20 on each.

What should i do to increase to my arm and chest size, and also building mass and power?

Should i use low weights and alot of reps to build the size and definition, and than use heavier weights to build mass?

Like for example, i would do 3x15 reps for arms with a 20pound weight and than do 3x8 with a 30 pound weight? Would that build the size/definition and also mass?
    If not, what should i do?

And also, are there any tips into gaining improvements faster, like should i eat better, should i eat before/after gym, etc.. and how many different exercises should i do for each body part?

Thank you for your time and help

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

work your legs.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Yea, that'd be great. Flyersfan's Avatar

Re: Building arm size and chest

Originally posted by twizller
    Well i have been working out my arms and my chest a lot lately (along with my other body parts) and i dont see alot of improvement. In 4 months i went up by 10 in arms and 5 in chest meanwhile my friend upped by 20 on each.
    Ya know, I had to read that about 4-5 times before I grasped that you meant pounds as opposed to inches. I was quite skeptical.

I agree with the other poster. Don't neglect your legs. Also, make sure you're allowing for enough recovery time. You don't grow in the gym. And don't compare yourself to anyone else. Everyone grows at their own pace... as long as you keep progressing, you're on the right track.

I haven't searched for it... have you posted your routine?

my guess would be, you're neglecting your legs, and you're overtraining your arms as well as maybe not eating enough to grow

sorry if I'm wrong, but the fact that you said you've been working your arms and chest extra hard made me think this way.

If you follow a good balanced routine your arms will grow along with everything else. Trust me, you don't want to have strong arms and a strong chest along with nothing else being strong or those 2 things will be useless.

Once again, sorry if I'm wrong.
    Beachbody coaching lets you turn your hobby into a career - Beachbody

Like G-B said work your whole body, believe it or not you'll get better gains all around from working all body parts, if you just work one area soon enough it will plateau and stall.

What should i do to increase to my arm and chest size, and also building mass and power?
    Be patient, don't overtrain one area that you want very badly. In time with hard work it will come, don't be dissapointed if your friend progresses quicker than you, he's probably get better genes for it.

Should i use low weights and alot of reps to build the size and definition, and than use heavier weights to build mass?
    Stick with the heavy weights, somewhere around 8 reps per set till failure would be good. Definition comes from losing fat, and most fatloss comes from eating less

Like for example, i would do 3x15 reps for arms with a 20pound weight and than do 3x8 with a 30 pound weight? Would that build the size/definition and also mass?
    3x8 with 30, mos def!

And also, are there any tips into gaining improvements faster, like should i eat better, should i eat before/after gym, etc.. and how many different exercises should i do for each body part?
    There are many tips, browse this board and you'll find plenty. Should you eat better.... YES! Diet is more than half of it! Eat 5 or 6 smaller meals per day every 2.5-3 hours, make sure you incorporate protein fat and carbs into your diet. Eat about 1 hour before going to the gym, make sure you get protein and carbs in this meal. EAT AFTER THE GYM, this is a very important meal, have some high GI (glycemic index(their quick digested and absorbed)) carbs after your workout, also eat protein after your workout, make this a big meal of carbs and protein.
    Goodluck
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

Ecoli die

Re: Building arm size and chest

Originally posted by twizller
    How bad do you want the gains? Personally I don't want them that much so I just force myself to do 1 extra set at a higher weight at the end of my routine.

For example, I preacher curl 100lbs for 8/6 reps. At the end of my routine I do 110lbs for 3 reps and after a couple times I find I've increased my weight to 100 for 6/4.

If that's not good enough for you, then AS might be the answer though you'll want to think long and hard before jumping in that pool.
    Now in pain, only working out the walking sticks.