Thread: good and fast breakfast foods?

good and fast breakfast foods?

being in college i dont have very much time to eat breakfast but i always try to get a decent meal in so im not starving the rest of the day.

what are some things that you eat for breakfast that can be fixed quickly or in advance?

thanks

Oats, Eggs, Chicken, Cottage Cheese, tuna, yams, whey. Basically anything from "what a body builder eats". Make a bigger dinner and have left overs for breakfast.
    Nick V

I have a shake containing peanut butter/whey protein powder/milk and ice. comes to 550 cals/60p/24.7c/21.5f
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

I have 100g oats and a pint of milk.

Opticen, and a glass of OJ.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

nitrean,oats

after training eggs,2 bagels with cream cheese, fruit, glass of milk
    Last edited by getfit; 12-28-2005 at 08:03 AM.
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Wannabebig New Member
    I often find myself in the same boat as you, I usally try to eat oats mixed with 2% milk (instead of water), along with a bagel, and a whey protein shake. But alot of the time I'm in such a hurry I don't even have time for that. So I'm considering using a meal replacement powder, I good one I heard is "Prolab Lean Mass Matrix Meal Replacement", for those times when you don't have time to cook a decent meal.

Iron4Life
    I make my Oatmeal and protein shakes in HUGE quantities... enough for a week or so. After making the big batch of Oatmeal, I put a cup or 2 into either ziplocks or small tupperware... and then when I need a quick meal, it's only a 30-45 zap in the microwave to warm it up. With the 2 gallons of protein shakes, I have 2 large gallon containers I put them in.

My 2 minute Breakfast can go something like this:
    Grab the Oatmeal ziplock - 45 seconds in Microwave...
    Drink a glass of Protein Shake
    Pour a glass of Skim Milk and a couple of tablespoons of unpasterized honey into heated Oatmeal.
    Eat the oatmeal in about 30-45 seconds..
    Grab a banana, bottle of water & multi-vitamin as you walk out the door...

PS.. if you need to save 30-45 seconds.. drink the glass of skim milk, keep the oatmeal "dry", and eat it on the run with the banana and water...

Quote Originally Posted by bearwolfden
    I make my Oatmeal and protein shakes in HUGE quantities... enough for a week or so. After making the big batch of Oatmeal, I put a cup or 2 into either ziplocks or small tupperware... and then when I need a quick meal, it's only a 30-45 zap in the microwave to warm it up. With the 2 gallons of protein shakes, I have 2 large gallon containers I put them in.

My 2 minute Breakfast can go something like this:
    Grab the Oatmeal ziplock - 45 seconds in Microwave...
    Drink a glass of Protein Shake
    Pour a glass of Skim Milk and a couple of tablespoons of unpasterized honey into heated Oatmeal.
    Eat the oatmeal in about 30-45 seconds..
    Grab a banana, bottle of water & multi-vitamin as you walk out the door...

PS.. if you need to save 30-45 seconds.. drink the glass of skim milk, keep the oatmeal "dry", and eat it on the run with the banana and water...
    I didnt think you could leave the protein mixed for too long.

On the back of my when carton it says to drink within 20 mins.

I left some in the blender overnight once and it STUNK- I couldnt possible face drinking that!

Iron4Life
    I haven't had that problem... I don't buy the most expensive brands.. but usually whatever Whey protein is on sale at Trader Joes...

I also don't mix with Milk.. but use the water-based mixes...

Wannabebig Member
    crack as many eggs as you prefer (whites or wholes) into a coffee mug. put them in the microwave for about 30 seconds per egg and go brush your teeth. if they arent cooked all the way i just suck it up..... Rocky did it :>)

thanks for all the advice it will definatly help

Quote Originally Posted by bearwolfden
    I haven't had that problem... I don't buy the most expensive brands.. but usually whatever Whey protein is on sale at Trader Joes...

I also don't mix with Milk.. but use the water-based mixes...
    Mine is a cheap brand too

It might be the milk that will go off.

I wannabebig!
    I think I had a chocolate doughnut and a apple fritter with a glass of milk this morning... didnt take me but a few seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Built
    Hardboil eggs the night before. That's what I do. I just eat 'em in the car on the way to work.
    yeah that was one i was definatly thinking about doing

or maybe cereal and a protein shake

what are some cereals that you all have found to actually taste good and be good for you?

Combat Infantryman
    Quote Originally Posted by ryuage
    I think I had a chocolate doughnut and a apple fritter with a glass of milk this morning... didnt take me but a few seconds.
    Haha

If I'm screwed on time I'll chug a shake and grab a handful of nutri-grain bars to eat in the car.

Bowl of maple mini wheats and a shake is what I do.

As they say, breakfast is the most important meal of the day. A lot of healthy food suggestions can be found in the internet. However, we still find it hard to follow or meet our diet plans because of too busy schedules. This is why according to an article I read, breakfast food sales grew from $10 billion to $12 billion between 2007 and 2011. However, we don't meet the nutrition guidelines by the foods we buy..Read more from Breakfast Food Sales ....