Thread: Single ply RageX ?

Hybrid View

Single ply RageX ?

Hello folks...
    Does any of you has experience with a single ply Rage X shirt?
    How do you find this shirt to perform, let's say against a Katana or super Katana?
    Advice on sizing for a 74 kg/light 83 class lifter?

Thank you!

I use a single ply rage x and love it I've used a super katana but it was to big to give a fair opinion.

From my experience, a single ply Rage-X isn't nearly as strong as a Katana. It is slightly stronger than a Titan Fury or F6, but not really in the same class as a Katana. It is much easier to touch in a tight Rage-X than in a tight Katana though.

Yep, the reason i ask is because I have troubles touching in a Katana, and it's not even tight: the couple of times I got it right, I got massive carryover from it (170 kg bench out of a 120 kg raw bench) but I'm not consistent in it, and bombing again doesn't seem a very good idea...

How often do you train full range in your Katana? It may be a question of too much lockout work and not enough practice touching. A Katana can be fairly hard to touch in. We have a guy in our crew that couldn't touch a 1 board with his newly tightened Katana, but then was able to touch and press with the same weight with a 2-ply rage-x. A loose Katana isn't too bad, but a tight Katana can be harder to use than a lot of multi-ply shirts like a 2-ply rage-x, 2-ply overkill, SDP.

Admittedly I've only tried it on only a few times, and far too close to a meet: this time around I'll use it as often as possible, to try and get a hold of it.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock1984 View Post
    Hello folks...
    Does any of you has experience with a single ply Rage X shirt?
    How do you find this shirt to perform, let's say against a Katana or super Katana?
    Advice on sizing for a 74 kg/light 83 class lifter?

Thank you!
    I used INZER single ply the rage and rageX.
    74~83kg single ply rageX size 44
    Last edited by power cell; 01-15-2013 at 12:56 AM.

Dr. Subtotal
    Mike95763 is right. You simply need to alter your programming to train full range more in the shirt. Utilize board presses for volume as supplemental work but make full range your first priority. Noone ever did a bounched 1 board max at a meet, especially with the strict commands that you'd see at an IPF meet.

As far as what's better, I'd say I see more Super Katanas than Rage X's. That said, there is no equivalent size between the two shirts (similar to two pants fitting entirely different though they both may be 36w, 30l). The "bubble" on the SK is very small and it takes a ton of work to get consistent with.

You have a "loose Katana" that gives you 50 kg supposedly. I've personally been a fan of having guys take an older shirt that's worn in and grow into it. Try the same and grow into the 83kg class. I'm assuming you're IPF so with the new rule allowing for lower touching, you should become fairly proficient with the Katana. This way, you're better at equipped benching and you can purchase a shirt and then grow into the next weight class.

That's the problem with the single ply crowd. A "sexier version" of a shirt comes out every year or so because of the freeze on equipment, like the new extreme super cut, and everyone buys it, but can't get it to work due to the unrealistic expectations when there are lifters getting 200 lbs+ out of shirts like the F6s.
    Last edited by BloodandThunder; 01-15-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Trample the weak, hurdle the dead
    http://www.wannabebig.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132318

Satisfaction is the Death of Desire...