I've tried writing this a few times but I can't seem to get it out right, so I'll be direct:

For some reason, my blood sugar has been erratic. Healthy one month, not so great the next, better the next etc etc. I finally had a blood glucose monitor sent over (They don't have them for sale here, only when you're a full blown diabetic on insulin do you get one) and so I've been able to better monitor my blood glucose levels, to see what food does what and how my body reacts.

The rest of my body is fine. Heart is as healthy as can be, nothing wrong with liver, kidneys, brain (MRI done). I was given the go ahead to do more intensive training by my doctor.

Pre-workout but before my post-workout meal, I have a normal blood glucose reading of 100ish. Pre-workout I usually have high protein, high carb meal. 2 hours later, my blood sugar is at about 110 to 130. However, post-workout before my PWO shake, my blood glucose can be around 180-200. I tried sipping on 2 scoops of Nitrean + as I'm lifting, same reading. I've checked diabetic forums and with my doctor, no answers. The only thing I can think of is that I'm burning through my carbs and my liver is dumping what it has into my system. 2 hours after my PWO I drop down to 110-120, but I'm feeling hungry, which isn't great.

Any ideas? I know we aren't doctors but those that I speak to elsewhere say that this would be the place to ask (People who know their food/diet). Doctor also has no advice but says that the training should be kept up. H1ac is coming into the normal range.

I don't know if this is possible, but to get a high enough BG level pre-workout to NOT get my liver dumping in more BG. Or even if that is optimal.