The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Tanning Lotion help

Can you name a good tanning lotion I can buy that protects the skin yet still allows for a tan?
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Outside or inside?

If anybody knows any for inside, I'd appreciate any help.

I know a few..not off the top of my head. I'll check when I go tanning again. Or I can ask my friend. I use her lotion occassionally...works really well. She won't be back until Thursday though. If you can wait.

www.tanforless.com carries a lot or line. What do u want to know. Pretty much I know every line out there. I used to work for a tanning salon and I tan both indoors and outdoors daily.

How tan are you now?
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

I am a fatass thank you very much! LOL

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

it depends on your normal skin color. But ice cream works great for me.

Originally posted by Celestial
    www.tanforless.com carries a lot or line. What do u want to know. Pretty much I know every line out there. I used to work for a tanning salon and I tan both indoors and outdoors daily.

How tan are you now?
    Hey celestial, I need a lotion for the outdoors. I'm fairly tanned now but not DARK. Dark is what I wanna be by the end of august, but would like something that'll give me skin some protection at the same time. Any suggestions?
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    day…only then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

My playstation 2 is my sunblock.
    "Except Belial. He knows everything. This isn't a sarcastic attack, either. He really knows everything." -----Organichu
    "Alex is all knowing and perfect"-----Jane (loosely paraphrased)
    -515/745/700 bench/deadlift/squat
    Current mile time: 4:23
    Marathons: 3
    Century races: 3
    Ironmans: 1
    Ultramarathons: 1
    Current supps: http://www.atlargenutrition.com/prod...covery/results

My computer is my sunblock.

*throws computer out window & yells take that muthafuka as it hits concrete*
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Originally posted by Avatar

Hey celestial, I need a lotion for the outdoors. I'm fairly tanned now but not DARK. Dark is what I wanna be by the end of august, but would like something that'll give me skin some protection at the same time. Any suggestions?
    Why dont u try a tannin oil with maybe minial spf such as Hawiian tripic oil spf 15-4.
    WHEN LIFE ****S YOU IN THE ASS, YOU GOTTA JUST TURN IT AROUND AND **** IT RIGHT BACK!!!!!! - ME

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

Originally posted by Celestial

How tan are you now?
    Celestial, what would you recommend for a good sun block for indoor tanning, that will protect the skin, but will still allow me to get tanned. Right now I'm fairly dark, as I've been tanning 2 to 3 times a week for the past 3 months.

Originally posted by CBates

Celestial, what would you recommend for a good sun block for indoor tanning, that will protect the skin, but will still allow me to get tanned. Right now I'm fairly dark, as I've been tanning 2 to 3 times a week for the past 3 months.
    Sunblock isnt usually recomended for indoor tanning, bascialy anyone I have seen use it in a bed didnt get jack for color. That and most block are made with oil which damage the acrylic tops most places wont let u use them for that reason.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

CBates..damn boy, you are tanning excessively...How black do you want to be and how much do you want to f*ck up your skin for later in life? I'd watch it. You don't want to get skin cancer.

Originally posted by heathj
    CBates..damn boy, you are tanning excessively...How black do you want to be and how much do you want to f*ck up your skin for later in life? I'd watch it. You don't want to get skin cancer.
    Actually tanning the the bodies natural ability to defend itself against the sun. Most damagedone to theskin is done when getting burnt. I actually tan bout 5 days a week. Then again I live in Fl etc. I take very good care of my skin. It's pretty much to each their own kinda thing. If people abuse their body and go to much etc etc it will definatly cause problems. One lady I know who goes to the salon and used to own one. Shes been tanning for 20 years and has excellent skin, she's very dark too. She doesnt even look her age. She goes to the dermatoligist and he checked her skin and no problems. So it depends.

Bodylicious Babe

My max bench is @110 x 8

...fattest...fatter...fat. WannaBeStrong's Avatar
    All the 40+ year old women who tan around here (NorthEast) look like leather-faced freaks. I guess there are other factors involved.

I plan on tanning soon...my best friend's mother owns a shop. FREE! w00t!

Originally posted by heathj
    Well, I'm actually not that dark, most of the time I Just tan 2 times a week, once for 10 minutes, and then once for 20 minutes, I don't tan more than that for the above reasons, I basically just do it during the summer since I'm inside most of the day at work, I don't get the chance to get in the sun too much, after summer than I just use the fake foam tanning stuff so look fairly dark. Thanks for the concern though.

IT PUTS THE LOTION ON ITS SKIN