Thread: Random day?

Random day?

Two weeks ago i started wbb1, for those who dont know it goes a bit like this:

Mon: Chest, Back
    Tue:rest
    Wed:legs
    Thur:rest
    Fri: shoulders, bi's and tri's
    Sat:rest
    Sun:rest

Ive heard talk of a random bodypart day, where you attack one bodypart on one of the rest days. preferably saturday, does anyone emply this method? and have they had any success from it?

feedback appreciated
    The only limits are the one's you place on yourself...

I have my 3 set days in my split, then on a random day I do abs, and often extra calf or trap work. Nothing heavy just to help catch them up.
    accuflex - LOLZZZZ!!!11one1!! SOEM PPL WORK THRE ARMZ!!!!11!! LETS KILL THEM111

"You can fake effort with grunts and clanging weights but quiet, consistent hard work coupled with gradual strength increases earns universal respect in gyms" - Steve Colescott

I'd rather Situation be a member of this board. -Joey54

so you'd agree that it benefits you? i want to do it, just dont want to effect overall growth.

Genetic Experiment GeneticallyGifted's Avatar
    Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    BR,

Bodybuilders do this when they believe they have a weak bodypart or weak link in their total package.

Doing this can work, because it shocks the muscle. Its not done every week because your muscle will get used to the method. I don't suggest using it at this stage in the game.

But who knows it could help. I never used it, but my training partner does. He does it mainly on small muscle groups. (Ex: Upper Traps, Abs, Biceps, Triceps, Calves, Obliques, Forearms)

Never done them as I said before so I can't really claim to be an expert on it.

GG
    Formely known as AFreakyMutation
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

Chest: | Shoulders: | Upper Arm: | Forearm: |
    Waist: |Neck:| Upper Thigh: | Calf: |

Personal Bests: COMING SOON:
    Flat Barbell Presses: | Dips: |Wide-grip Palms Away: |
    Military Barbell Press: |Barbell Squats: |

PR blaster!
    ha, I love the new handle...I should change mine to geneticallySCREWED.
    "****, if you told teenagers it was trendy to wear a paper bag on their heads with holes for the eyes they'd all be doing it."

Stockholm, Sweden...Mainly, New York,New York, Los Angeles,CA., Civitinova Marche, Italy
    sysopt, you are off the chain. Man, you are funny. LOL
    STATS COMING SOON:Age: 29 | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 78KG/ 172LBS| bf: |Years Training:?? | All-natural: Yes|

lol, so i should wait until my body is more devloped and introduce this technique when i hit plateus, or get lagging bp's?

Yeah, if that is what you desire. See if you can improve your body as a whole. She if you can try and be as symmetrical as possible without this technique. Put the mass on then take a look at what you have and make a decision.

GG
    Formly Known As AFreakyMutation

Back at it
    I use Saturday for weakness training. This includes abs, calves, and forearms for me.

I also use it as a play day. I'll pick a couple exercises for whatever body part and do some very strict lifts, and try new lifts to see if I want to inlclude them in my routine. On all my other training days, it's right down to business so I don't that then.